Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies being bullied

Shankveld

I'm a girl, so being bullied for liking mlp was never a problem I really faced

but I know that there are a lot of bronies (and pegasisters)

that face bullying on a daily basis/ have faced it in the past

In this thread I would like everypony to either share their story of bullying they've faced (or have faced)

and offer other ponies support and/or some suggestions they can try to help out their situation.

If you've never faced any bullying or haven't come out, you can still support our fellow bronies/pegasisters

I love you all ~

<3

• Brohoof 3

The worst I ever got was when someone took my pencil case and wrote with liquid paper "Flare (not flare my real name) Loves my little pony" I don't really see it as bullying in my school because stuff like this happens on a daily basis, also I counter trolled him and told him to watch an episode called "rule 34" as I said in a different thread.

its mainly because everyone who goes to my school is to immature and the only part of the internet they ever go on is facebook.

Edited by Flare

I`ve never been bullied for me liking MLP over either in school or my library. My friends accepted me for it but every now & then they call me Pony Man or The Brony. It never really bothered me.

That's good to hear :) ~

The worst I ever got was when someone took my pencil case and wrote with liquid paper "Flare (not flare my real name) Loves my little pony" I don't really see it as bullying in my school because stuff like this happens on a daily basis, also I counter trolled him and told him to watch an episode called "rule 34" as I said in a different thread.

its mainly because everyone who goes to my school is to immature and the only part of the internet they ever go on is facebook.

Haha, well as long as it didn't upset you or anything :( I'm glad to hear it :( ~

I've been 'bullied' for it, though it's never surpassed comments and short insults, to which I can always respond quickly and intelligently. It's never bothered me because I've always been able to outsmart everyone in my school and get away with trolling them. Now that I have converted about 20 other bronys, however, it's come to an almost complete stop, as they see there is no point in trying. It also helps that we generally march the halls in a group, outnumbering all opponents. There is a pretty hilarious video circulating facebook and my school right now of me doing my MLP speech to my english class, followed me and 10 other bronys singing and playing the theme on various instruments - its gotten some nasty comments, but I've taken advantage of my skills and deleted the posts and nuked all the accounts that do any such thing. On the plus, I got a 100% on the project and got several people interested in the show afterwords, followed by a stern lecture from the teacher about appropriate material for class. Apparently innuendos and videos and music containing swear words, even once censored them, are not correct. This was followed by about an hour long debate that I ended up winning. :D

• Brohoof 1

I got "teased" for liking MLP by some kid who is a grade or two under me in high school. I think he's a sophomore while I'm a senior. Anyway, he called me names like "fag" and "gay" and "pony lover", adding in other insults as well that questioned my masculinity.

I don't know how this kid grew the balls to tease someone who is twice their size. That was a big mistake on his part.

To put it simple, by the end of it all, I had grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and shoved him against the wall. I will admit that I wanted to punch him, but I'm not usually the fighting type. All I said after that was "I dare you to say one more thing about me and something I love"

I dropped him and continued on with class.

I was lucky the teacher wasn't in the room at the time :P

• Brohoof 5

I've been 'bullied' for it, though it's never surpassed comments and short insults, to which I can always respond quickly and intelligently. It's never bothered me because I've always been able to outsmart everyone in my school and get away with trolling them. Now that I have converted about 20 other bronys, however, it's come to an almost complete stop, as they see there is no point in trying. It also helps that we generally march the halls in a group, outnumbering all opponents. There is a pretty hilarious video circulating facebook and my school right now of me doing my MLP speech to my english class, followed me and 10 other bronys singing and playing the theme on various instruments - its gotten some nasty comments, but I've taken advantage of my skills and deleted the posts and nuked all the accounts that do any such thing. On the plus, I got a 100% on the project and got several people interested in the show afterwords, followed by a stern lecture from the teacher about appropriate material for class. Apparently innuendos and videos and music containing swear words, even once censored them, are not correct. This was followed by about an hour long debate that I ended up winning. :D

I'm so happy to hear you were able to stay strong during the negative comments ~

it's always nice to see a brony proud and strong :)

you should post the video so you're brony family can support it ~

I got "teased" for liking MLP by some kid who is a grade or two under me in high school. I think he's a sophomore while I'm a senior. Anyway, he called me names like "fag" and "gay" and "pony lover", adding in other insults as well that questioned my masculinity.

I don't know how this kid grew the balls to tease someone who is twice their size. That was a big mistake on his part.

To put it simple, by the end of it all, I had grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and shoved him against the wall. I will admit that I wanted to punch him, but I'm not usually the fighting type. All I said after that was "I dare you to say one more thing about me and something I love"

I dropped him and continued on with class.

I was lucky the teacher wasn't in the room at the time :P

I'm glad you overcame your urge to hit him :) ~

and that he is no longer bothering you

although I don't support violence

I understand that in some cases words are not enough ~

it's wonderful to hear you can brony on without being hated on :)

Well I've yet to come out and with good reason. If the Daleks knew I was a pony aficionado, they would most certainly try to mess with my emotions. Every companion who travels with me has been converted into a "brony" also. If some bully wants to get into a scrape with me, I'm quite sure I can handle myself.

(For real only like two friends of mine know I'm a brony and they don't care because the one introduced me to the show and the other is my bff who's open-minded about tons of things)

Random people try to bully me when they see my pony bling and arms.

But then I show them how awesome I am, and the show.

I have pretty much converted the entire school.

True story.

• Brohoof 1

I've yet to get shit from liking MLP, or for much of anything else and I've always been pretty forthright about my less than normal interests. Then again I think I don't fall into the usual "typology" of people who gets bullied. Being confident alpha male type that has a bad habit of barking orders to any pair of idle arms around me if people approach me with then intention to give me shit they usually find themselves running an errand for me or whimpering in the corner after being steamrolled by my ego.

For an introvert I am about as assertive as assertive gets, which is likely aspect I have to thank for never facing any shit from people. My facebook and google plus are full of pony links and my passion for ponies seems to be converting people around me into bronies rather than attract idiocy from haters.

I only wish more people were as secure in their interests and lives. Life is too short and too insignificant to be wasted into masks and roles to play, I boldly project my own identity outwards and if people have problem with it, they usually see that any attempt to enforce me into a mold fitting for their liking is about as futile attempt as trying to push a square peg into a round hole.

Edited by Pencils
  • Brohoof 2

Bullying is absolutely condoned at my school, a kid beat the living crap out of another kid on the school bus over a seat, and it made national news, because it was "racially motivated", a black kid beating a white kid", but no, I keep my bronyhood secret except with friends I am certain are bronies (you have heard me say it plenty of times before, my area is MEGA CLOSE-MINDED Basically it is like a small universe in my area, liking something like this gets questioned by the average person.)

Besides the only thing that matters to people in my area is facebook, facebook, facebook, facebook, and facebook. :(

Meh, it's never happened to me. I even draw them on my teachers chalkboard if we have a free period. However, I have been called gay for straitening my hair like Big Mac's but that just faded away quickly as it was only about two or three people who questioned my sexuality (I'm strait). I still straiten my hair to mock them and show them that I don't give a buck on what they think of me. As for ponies, it's never been a problem, not yet at least. And even if it ever becomes one, I'm a pretty strong guy and I dare my classmates to do something. :mellow: Eeyup!

I've been harrassed online by a brony hate group, they called me names like "Fag, femboy, etc, the normal run-of-the mill, age old insults.

They really had no meaning to me and didn't phase me at all. Their lack of what the community is, and what the show is proved to be their undoing, as I countered their misconseptions with truths and links to my proof to deterorate any mean thing they said.

In the end of the day they were just calling somepony names because they didn't understand or knew anything about him.

Wit is always my favorite weapon when a hater comes along.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I haven't really told anypony in real life that I'm a brony, and I'm not sure if I will.

And If I do, I know for a fact I'll get bullied by some immature c*nts.

I've got bullied over the internet for liking MLP, but I just simply just ignore them.

Meh, it's never happened to me. I even draw them on my teachers chalkboard if we have a free period. However, I have been called gay for straitening my hair like Big Mac's but that just faded away quickly as it was only about two or three people who questioned my sexuality (I'm strait). I still straiten my hair to mock them and show them that I don't give a buck on what they think of me. As for ponies, it's never been a problem, not yet at least. And even if it ever becomes one, I'm a pretty strong guy and I dare my classmates to do something. :mellow: Eeyup!

Yeah, I get called 'gay' for straightening my hair two >.> (I'm straight aswell)

• Brohoof 1

I've been harrassed online by a brony hate group, they called me names like "Fag, femboy, etc, the normal run-of-the mill, age old insults.

They really had no meaning to me and didn't phase me at all. Their lack of what the community is, and what the show is proved to be their undoing, as I countered their misconseptions with truths and links to my proof to deterorate any mean thing they said.

In the end of the day they were just calling somepony names because they didn't understand or knew anything about him.

'Tis what I do.

Names are just names.

Only time it would hurt me if it was my real friends.

I have only been somewhat taunted and called gay by only 1 classmate, but he wasn't too serious. Wich is a reason i never got Facebook, by the way. In my school, it's the gateway to online bullying and ''Imma go buy a banana!'' useless status updates.

They are just people thinking that they are cool for insulting people and being part of an (in their defenition) ''awesome'' group. Nothing to care about :) Edited by AppleShy Sparkle

I haven't been bullied for being a brony, as our friendgroup has a few of us. Only a bit of teasing on the earlier stages, but even that I managed to counter easily, making it a laughing matter for both sides.

Which comes to me not knowing how would you deal with constant bullying about it.

I have never been bullied about it. Tho if someone tried. I probably would mind much. I did use to get bullied, but for some reason never really cared about it. probalby just bad bullies :P Being teased for it once in a while. but I just tease them back for not watching it. kinda fun as I am the only Brony at school I know of. but it usually work as no one in my class know how to argue properly.

I would like to cheer some for the ones that actually do get bullied for being a brony. just remember you are ten times the person they are :)

Not to mention, you are the ones privileged to watch one the most amazing shows out there.

and for the ones who used to be bullied but got out of some way or another. be it converting everyone to bronydom, make them stop or simply leave them behind. Not really sure what to say to you. except keep up the good work :P

Just wanna add, I'm proud of being acquainted with you all <3

Edited by Flutterfry
  • Brohoof 1

Bullied for liking MLP? Well, no. My classmates in college just didn't want to watch the show, but I took a liking to it myself. I just did non-pony related activities like normal with them. However, I now wear a couple pony shirts every now and then, and I wear them publicly. I have only received positive comments about them so far. So if anything, wearing a pony shirt makes me more manly in a way. I also wear other nerdy shirts, like a triforce shirt (zelda), mario, Gurren Lagann, etc..

• Brohoof 1

I've never been bullied for enjoying the show, and I'm sorta open to my peers about the show... infact, I influenced Sweetie Belle on these here forums to enjoy the show.. and I think I gave Kurtiss the courage to be more open about the show, what with the amount of lectures I give him, :P

​Here and there, I get a little hassled by some friends and acquaintances at school, but they don't go out of their way, because they still are my friends and all... they just don't find why people like the show... I think because they haven't opened their minds yet...

And when I mean I'm pretty open about the show, I really am... Kurt and I are working on a project for programming class that is pony themed, I draw Scootaloo a lot in my Physics class, manage to photoshop ponies into 90% of every photograph I hand in for photography class... and my math teacher watches the show, and references it at least once a week...

Maybe I'm just lucky and live in a good area, I dunno... but I do know that, if I was getting bullied for liking ponies, I'd definitely do something about it.

Sorry for that wall of text up above... sometimes I go overboard on details

• Brohoof 1

I haven't been bullied constantly since elementary, and whenever I get bullied, my friends get well upset and keep asking me what happened and all of that, but I don't get bullied for watching ponies, since most of the kids talk about squirrels and unicorns

I used to be bullied as a brony, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Lolno, but in all seriousness, my friends made fun of me, saw an episode, then got hooked.

Never really gotten any BS for it. I haven't really told anyone in real life for the sake of ridicule and awkwardness, so I’m not sure if I ever will. I’m positive that at least a couple of my friends would pull the WTF card due to the shows contrast with my personality. My college peers never watch the show and are pretty much clueless to the random references I make J. I’ve just done non MLP stuff with my friends&peers, chillin etc.. Although it’d be nice to tell my friends here about it, the great online community has helped me find a bunch of new people who I hope to befriend that share the same interests in MLP.