Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your pet peeve?

Tom The Diamond

Usually I hate it when I'm being watched while working on pony things. I stop working, minimize it, and wait for the person to leave. Sometimes it takes a while, which doesn't help.

^ It's the same for me, as well.

• Brohoof 1

Usually I hate it when I'm being watched while working on pony things. I stop working, minimize it, and wait for the person to leave. Sometimes it takes a while, which doesn't help.

I am the same way, except it is for everything, and not just ponies. I don't mind if I asked them over to check it out, but people watching from behind always creeps me out, and scares me half the time when i turn and see a person over my shoulder.

1. when someone enters my room and doesn't close the door behind them

2. when people leave the lids off things after they are done using them

o.o ~

This reminds me of ponies who put empty milk carts in the fridge, or stuff like that....it gets on my nerves a bit too.
  • Brohoof 1

Well these are the only two I can instantly think of.

Capitalized acronyms of short phrases (idk, wtf, rofl, lol, et cetera) and people who always put their own font size and color, I know most of the time it's good intentioned and they like their text that way but it looks almost arrogant to me.

This reminds me of ponies who put empty milk carts in the fridge, or stuff like that....it gets on my nerves a bit too.

it'll drive you even more nuts once you live with roomates o.o

I dislike internet trolls, chatspeak, overly snarky/cynical/negative people, bullies, people who feel the need to be mean on the internet just because they can't see your face and hide behind anonymity like a coward (that still hurts people's feelings, you know! It's never nice to be mean), the phrases "lol" "lul" "lulz", when people post constant gifs and expect me to find them funny, most memes, when somebody tells you they're busy but you seem them posting every five seconds on Facebook, people watching me when I'm doing things, being told what to do when I already know what to do, when people break a promise to be somewhere and you're left waiting for hours and they don't show up (being stood up, in other words), and being misunderstood (that's a particular HUGE one of mine).

There's probably a bajillion more since I am an easily irritated person, but I can't think of them. These are the most notable.

• Brohoof 2

You know what grinds my gears? Insects, flying ones.

Not the bees and wasps that get such a bad press but the harmless ones. Flies and moths.

I'm trying to read a book in bed, I have a light pointing at it, then some moth shouts 'ooh pretty' and starts fluttering around in front of my face.

Ok I'll turn the light off and go to sleep, it will just land somewhere. Then comes the noisiest fly in the world buzzing around my head when the entire rest of the room is right there.

Lights on, newspaper in hand, you guys are gonna get it now!

Gone. Well, I guess thats what I wanted.

Lights off.

Bzzzzzzzz

• Brohoof 2

I have always been an extremely tolerant person, and ponies just magnified that by at least 100 times. I currently don't have much that I find to be intolerable, but there is one thing that I just will not tolerate one bit. And that is someone hurting my friends. Or any person who is getting hurt really. I am the sort of guy that would jump into a fire, unprotected, just to save some random person whom I have never met.

I can't stand on WoW those bleeping twinks, the ones who ruin the fun in PvP. I level my guy honestly and diligently, so no heirlooms even if they look good. Imagine if your first impression of PvP is over powered Lv19 Rouges 1-shotting you into oblivion.

(When pathetic humans purposely stare at me and my brethren to keep us from moving. It is impossible to never blink forever. Close your eyes, turn your heads and just get your deaths over with)

But really, political correctness being forced upon society. It's almost to the point where we can't have a sense of humor anymore because someone could be "offended". If someone does or says something that's outright malicious, then yes, they should be held responsible, but when something like a comedy show makes fun of a group, well that's what they're hired to do. Like South Park, they make fun of EVERYBODY. If we can't laugh at ourselves, then we'll all turn into sour jerks.

When people dig through my stuff (i.e my purse) without asking. there's a girl who always tries to sit with me on the bus and she just starts going through my purse. people are so rude.

(When pathetic humans purposely stare at me and my brethren to keep us from moving. It is impossible to never blink forever. Close your eyes, turn your heads and just get your deaths over with)

Ya know, I've always wondered. Can't one just, like... stare, then close one eye, then open it, then close the other eye, then open it, so that your eyes are still getting refreshed, but at the same time your still looking. I mean, that would be the logical thing, ya know?

What grinds my gears? People making fanfics based off the bible!

Care to elaborate? I mean, like using concepts from the Bible, like the seven deadly sins, heaven and hell, God and Satan, etc. or actually trying to make a spin-off or something on it?

Anyway, ya know what really grinds my gears? When you let a friend borrow something, usually new, and they never return it. Or the manage to get it near breaking point. I mean, when you borrow something that belongs to someone else, you should care for it more then your own stuff. Not treat it like trash. I've lost 4 games because I let my friends borrow them and they messed it up. And then, the part that really makes me mad, is that they don't care. They don't bother to replace it, or even say sorry. They just don't care. And it pisses me off.

Like South Park, they make fun of EVERYBODY. If we can't laugh at ourselves, then we'll all turn into sour jerks.

Speaking of which, the South Park fans that actually take the things said in the show seriously.

Ya know, I've always wondered. Can't one just, like... stare, then close one eye, then open it, then close the other eye, then open it, so that your eyes are still getting refreshed, but at the same time your still looking. I mean, that would be the logical thing, ya know?

Care to elaborate? I mean, like using concepts from the Bible, like the seven deadly sins, heaven and hell, God and Satan, etc. or actually trying to make a spin-off or something on it?

Anyway, ya know what really grinds my gears? When you let a friend borrow something, usually new, and they never return it. Or the manage to get it near breaking point. I mean, when you borrow something that belongs to someone else, you should care for it more then your own stuff. Not treat it like trash. I've lost 4 games because I let my friends borrow them and they messed it up. And then, the part that really makes me mad, is that they don't care. They don't bother to replace it, or even say sorry. They just don't care. And it pisses me off.

People like, combining one fad with biblical scenes, (*hem, hem:http://mocpages.com/moc.php/277738, I literally fell out of my chair laughing seeing this! I don't have a problem with Christians, most on MOCpages are annoying)

*Ahem*

"Thank you, slow walking family walking in front of me on the sidewalk. No, please, take your time. And definitely spread out, too, so you can create a barricade of idiots. I am so thankful that you forced me to walk on the street and risk getting hit by a car in order to pass you so I could resume walking at a normal human pace."

-Jimmy Fallon

Edited by Sweetie Belle
  • Brohoof 2

What really grinds my gears are those damn pegasi...

I'm trying to pick my favourite cereal off the shelf... and you fly by and put it on the top shelf... that no EARTH PONY MAY REACH!

I cannot fly yet... so I have to ask a bigger pony to get it for me.

That's embarassing.. really embarassing...

And that's what grinds Scootaloo's gears.

This thread, it has risen from the dead!

Anyway, you know what really grinds my gears? People who walk in during the middle of a movie and make a negative assumption based on just a few seconds of a scene.

Edited by Apple Bloom

You know what really grinds Peachy's gears?

Young girls getting pregnant as an excuse to get out of school or to "grow up" faster.

I'm not quite 20 yet and I know so many people my age and younger with handfuls of children. Literally, handfuls.

(Granted, they're all adorable, but....)

It's all for the wrong reasons. Have a kid when you're good and ready!

I just started looking through this thread. I was going to post something funny, but Peachy's post caught my eye. I agree wholeheartedly. Being 32, married, and so far having no luck starting a family, this really bugs me! Maybe it's just envy, but my gears are officially grinding now! Girls, keep your legs closed and finish school!