Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you look for in a Girl/Boy Friend <3

Speedy Transition

Someone who is creative (or at least thinks creatively), smiles sincerely (a good smile is my weakness) and has a sense of humor. I'm not interested in someone who acts cool and shows off for the crowd. I want someone who is comfortable with who he is and doesn't try to change himself for me or others. I like sincerity, honesty and integrity, no matter how difficult it can sometimes be. If he has an introspective side that takes an interest in more than just the dictates of the masses, I'm very cool with that. He doesn't have to be a clone of me, that would get boring, but a few shared interests can be fun. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

To be honest it is true that characteristic is a must in a boy that I seek. And kindness, romance and owning you. Who wouldn't want abs in addition? Style and knowledge, general culture is also important.

• Brohoof 1

What I look for in a girlfriend?

- Intelligent

- Open-minded, even if we disagree

- Likes gaming

- Decently attractive. Being hot is always a plus

- Open-minded sense of humor, preferably as wide and as dark as mine

- Optionally, be a Furry and/or a Brony as well

Just the same things I would look for in a regular friend, someone whose company I enjoy and can have fun with. I think it's kinda silly when people use drastically different criteria between friends and SO's :V

• Brohoof 3

What I'd prefer to have in a boyfriend:

• Likes gaming to some degree. Would be really nice if he had my level of interest in similar games :) 
  • A little bit taller than me, but not much (not extremely important. I have a crush with someone on here that is shorter than me o.O)
  • Not hateful or particularly conservative. Would be really nice if he had similar political beliefs to my own :D
  • One that will be there for me when I need it (times like right now, admittedly).
  • Enjoys cartoons to some degree (I feel like that isn't much to ask considering I'm posting this on a forum centered around a cartoon)
  • Not too serious, but also not a human male version of Pinkie Pie. I feel it counteracts my more somber nature.
  • Not particularly religious. My disposition does not agree with the extremely religious crowd.
  • One that lives reasonably close. From experience, holding long-distance relationships is pretty hard to do.
  • One that isn't overly controlling or overly talkative. I can't stand clingy at all. I need space to breathe.
  • Most importantly, one that loves me for me. No matter how quirky and awkward I may be... :adorkable:

The last one is the only one that isn't really optional, but those would make him ideal for me (I'd think). 

I've probably posted in this topic more than once. I don't know. 19 pages are just too many to go through to check! I doubt I ever made anything this in depth, I have gone through more experiences and matured. Anyway, onto the list!

• We need to share a lot of interests, and be tolerant of those interests we do not share. I can not expect someone to have 100% of my interests, and I wouldn't. But sharing a lot of interests is something really special.
  • I really, really, really want to date someone who has an appreciation for woodwind and brass instruments like I do. This isn't a requirement, but it is one trait that both of the people I have fallen really deeply for share. And it would just be so neat to have someone I could share the passion in, someone who we could share collections, record together, etc.
  • They *must* like dogs. My precious dog is just too important to me. If it's one or the other, I choose her.
  • Absolutely no smoking. If they drink, it must be on a rare occasion and respectful of me not drinking.
  • Sense of humor. I really like someone who makes me laugh. That's so cliche, I know. But it takes a specific sense of humor to really get through to me.
  • If religious, they must be religious lite. For example, if they believe in Hell, I can't be with them if they believe that I'll go to Hell for being a nonbeliever. I understand that is something they strongly believe, and in the likely chance that I'll be the first to go, I wouldn't want them spending the rest of their lives thinking that their lover is in Hell.
  • Really needs to be some level of liberal, feminist, etc.
  • They need to be understanding of my need for personal space. TBH, I'm not sure exactly how I would be in a relationship nowadays, but I can't see me ever not wanting a fair bit of alone time.
  • Naturally, I don't want someone who is controlling and/or abusive. I might be susceptible to that in my future, so I really need someone I can trust to never turn into that.
  • Physically, I *do* have physical attraction and preferences, but I'm odd in that they tend to turn into the traits of someone I have fallen in love with for personality. If I click with someone, they and their traits will all of the sudden become physically attractive to me.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there's more.

Edited by Envy

In a girl I look for someone who is kind caring as a creative mind someone who is not too serious and, is kind of cute but that's not everything.  They need to be able to see my complexities and look past them. And must like a good snugle now and then watching tv.:grin:

My girlfriend (or now wife, in fact), loves me in actions beyond words. She helps me achieve what i need, even if it's not exactly what i want sometimes. This is the truest loyalty i could hope for, and the reason i married her.

hmmmmm....

• fun
  • beautiful personality 
  • caring
  • nice
  • honset
  • smart
  • someone who understands me

I guess that's pretty much it for right now,I guess i'll update whenever I have more characteristics. :) 

• Brohoof 1

Someone who makes me think.

Someone who is not controlling nor interested in being controlled.

Someone who sees a lot of potential left in the world and life itself.

Someone who enjoys geeking out and is not ashamed of it.

Someone with a more open minded POV when it comes to an outlook on life.

Someone who challenges me everyday to rise and up and be better than I was the day before.

• Brohoof 1

I'd want someone who is bold and unafraid to ask questions or stray from the crowd, but smart enough to keep from being too reckless. I want someone who's just as curious and amazed by the world around us and beyond, and thirsts for adventure as much as I do!  And uh, preferably someone who likes to dance :D

And of course, I look for loyalty, compassion, and honesty ^^

I don't care so much about appearance. I prefer to focus on personality. Not that I am demisexual (is that the right term? When you are primarily attracted to someone's personality? Apologies if I'm getting that completely wrong -_-) or anything. I consider myself straight. But the first thing I take notice about a girl is her personality. I'm not attracted to girls who are inconsiderate. Nor do I like girls who are overly serious and don't have much of a sense of humor. I'm not particularly upbeat, but I like to balance that out by being with someone who is more upbeat.

I like girls who are nerdy like me. That's adorable. Even if they aren't really into the same things as I am, because maybe we can broaden each other's horizons. I also try to look for a girl who embodies the Elements of Harmony in their daily life. No, she doesn't have to be a pegasister. :P But I appreciate when someone is honest, generous, loyal, positive, and above all, kind.

Oh, and I love hugs. A lot. Even from people I'm not necessarily attracted to. So hugs equal bonus points.

• Brohoof 2

A pulse.

In all seriousness I wouldn't be looking for much. They would have to be open minded. It isn't just something I look for; you'd need to be if you want to be with me. I'm one of a kind. Just be nice and accept me for who I am. Flaws included. I know I will do the same.

I'd probably just date one of my friends if any of them were interested since it's amazing to be best friends with your significant other. Just makes the bond stronger and would probably help any "Awkward moments" in the future.

• Brohoof 2

What do I look for? Jimmie Johnson, you have to be THE Jimmie Johnson. :orly:

No jk jk (how would I ever hook up with Jimmie anyway? I'm ok with just fantasizing xD) here's what I look for in a boyfriend: 

-Loyalty

-Kindness

-A guy who's super funny most of the time, but can be serious when they need to be

-A guy who cares enough about physical fitness

-A guy who loves motorsports and cars as much as I do

-A guy who's also country at heart (like me :3) 

-A guy who loves animals (cause I have lots of pets and always will) 

-A guy who's very generous

-A guy with good looks ;) (Even though looks truly aren't everything) 

-A guy who's really active and fun, like me x3

-A guy who isn't super tall (idk why but, I find guys who are my height or just an inch or two taller attractive) But again, that doesn't always matter ;) 

-A guy who wouldn't mind occasionally watching a good movie with some ice cream and a snuggle :3

Edited by Lightning Charge
  • Brohoof 2

Not everyone's going to meet all the things I look for in a girlfriend, but it's pretty important to me for the person I'm dating to be a child at heart, and wouldn't mind being touched and squeezed a lot :fluttershy: .

• Brohoof 2

• female
  • alive
  • not an asshole
  • likes me
  • likes memes
  • doesn't mind that i'm the laziest person she's ever met
  • doesn't mind that i'm not attractive at all
  • doesn't mind that i'm truly disappointing in every imaginable way
  • acceptable age difference

and this is why i'm single

• Brohoof 1

I was quite lucky and found everything I wanted in Jess <3

Key points for my type though:

• Tall
  • Good Hair
  • Blonde or brunette
  • Blue eyes
  • Attractive (to me)
  • Australian
  • Animal Lover
  • Someone I have lots in common with and can Netflix or game with
  • Intelligent 
  • Kind
  • Puts up with all my collecting :D 

Oh, and a good smile <3

Edited by Sharni
  • Brohoof 1

I want what all men want:

A girl that is a decent human being. (Because most of the time, all they do is size you up constantly, judge everything you say and do, and the testing, and testing, and testing, and testing, and testing...)

• Brohoof 3