Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Breaking Bad

Samurshy

Hank just has to ruin everything. I don't like him. He needs to just stop.

Yes, he has a strange habit of suicidal persistence. Though his clash with Tuco and his cousins were badass.

Also, I was very surprised that John De Lancie played as Jane's father, a small part that didn't last long but it was amazing to see him on the same setting with Aaron Paul.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, he has a strange habit of suicidal persistence. Though his clash with Tuco and his cousins were badass.

Also, I was very surprised that John De Lancie played as Jane's father, a small part that didn't last long but it was amazing to see him on the same setting with Aaron Paul.

:wub:  Omg I freaked out when I seen him as the father... I don't know what episode you are on but you may be disgusted with Walt in a couple episodes... I was messed up for a while over it lol.  How could he do that?  :(

• Brohoof 2

:wub:  Omg I freaked out when I seen him as the father... I don't know what episode you are on but you may be disgusted with Walt in a couple episodes... I was messed up for a while over it lol.  How could he do that?  :(

I finished "Fly" yesterday.

Walt is an ass, whatever he done to keep his secrets, Jesse had to pay the price for almost all of it. If you are referring to Jane in the end of Season 2, that was kind of messed up.

• Brohoof 1

Hank just has to ruin everything. I don't like him. He needs to just stop.

Hank is literally my least favourite character. I just think he's a self absorbed ass who thinks he's all that. I know a lot of it is a persona he wears to keep up with his buddies at the DEA, but even so he does some things in the series that make me really hate him.

And it's weird because Walt does terrible things and I don't really hate him for a lot of them. I mean, I don't really blame skyler for her actions towards him or those who are pissed at walt for what he's done, but I don't see walt as a "devil" or anything like a lot of fans see him as. That ms what makes the show compelling. We've seen walt's struggles in life and what he's been through so his badasserry is kinda justified since he's been pushed around his whole life. It's a really complex and confusing show when you think about it because we're siding with a guy who does terrible things. I would hate him if he was a real life person. He even has a huge ego at times too! Which is my least favourite characteristic in a person. But for some reason I still kinda root for walt? I don't know. :lol: it's hard to explain.

I'm only really iffy with walt's choices when it effects jesse's well being. Jesse is literally the only character who I feel absolutely horrible for when bad things happen to him. He's just so sweet and broken and it feels like everyone just walts over him. :(

And i'm not saying Jesse is the innocent moral center of the show or anything, but it's just terrible how he ms treated sometimes and the syptuff he goes through. He doesn't really deserve any of it. I think he's a good person.

• Brohoof 1

I love Breaking Bad

I missed it when it aired, because I thought it was a soap opera/sitcom type show for some reason. But after Aaron Paul was a guest on Top Gear he talked about it and it sounded good. I watched the first 4 or so episodes online, then bought the box set and went through it episode after episode, I’m totally obsessed with it.

I loved the plot, and it was very well written, a great blend of comedy and drama and excitement.

I can’t decide on my favourite character I loved both Walt and Jessie they were awesome: Jessie made me laugh a lot though yo.

I didn’t think it was a good path Walt went down, but I did think he was a bit of a bad ass even if he spent most of the show driving around in a Pontiac Aztec, which is seriously one of the ugliest cars ever made.

my_little_breaking_bad__chemestry_is_mag

• Brohoof 2

BB is the best show that's ever been on TV. Wrting, acting, and cinematography - it's second to none. If anyone here studied cinema in school or just loves film as much as me, pleeeeeease let's geek out over BB.

I used to email one of my professors with clips every day XD

I bet he hated that ahaha

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I love I thought it was a soap opera/sitcom type show for some reason. But after Aaron Paul was a guest on Top Gear he talked about it and it sounded good. I watched the first 4 or so episodes online, then bought the box set and went through it episode after episode, I’m totally obsessed with it.

Why did you think it was a soap opera? :lol: I'm just curious.

Edited by Swoony

Why did you think it was a soap opera? :lol: I'm just curious.

It was just a random irrational assumption I made for some reason in the back of my mind: I hadn’t deeply thought about it or actually bothered to find out what it was about or anything though.

BB is the best show that's ever been on TV. Wrting, acting, and cinematography - it's second to none. If anyone here studied cinema in school or just loves film as much as me, pleeeeeease let's geek out over BB.

I used to email one of my professors with clips every day XD

I bet he hated that ahaha

Oh my god the show is downright artistic. It has some of the most gorgeous shots that play up the emotion in every scene. I think the show is a masterpiece. The actors are flawless and the comedy actually made me laugh. I cried and curled up in disgust. The series is just such a journey for the characters and the viewer and oh my god I love everything about it.

I finished "Fly" yesterday.

Walt is an ass, whatever he done to keep his secrets, Jesse had to pay the price for almost all of it. If you are referring to Jane in the end of Season 2, that was kind of messed up.

Ah, yeah that would be what I was talking about... I watched the show for days straight. Seasons started to blur together, haha.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I didn't like Jane much. I thought her and jesse were so cute at first and loved how happy and sweet Jesse was with her, but

when she got Jesse into heroine and started denying their relationship I actually wanted her to go. Jesse doesn't deserve that.

Doesn't make it any less tragic how she died though. I felt especially sorry for her dad (and of course Jesse). :( but again, I don't think she was a great influence on him.

Btw I don't know when to use spoiler tags on this thread. I think it's better for me to be safe than sorry as some people here might have watched the whole series yet.

Edited by Swoony
  • Brohoof 1

snip

Yeah I didn't like her either, she was bad news and made everyone feel terrible... But if I seen somebody dying in front of me and all I had to do to save her was give her a push... I would so not let her die. I thought Walt was being really selfish there, but maybe he tried to help Jesse.... I still think it was terrible that he just let her choke like that.

(edited)

Yeah I agree he was being selfish there even though I ultimately understood the reasoning behind his decision.

Jesse can never find happiness for long, can he? :(

Edited by Swoony

Breaking Bad is a great show, bitch!

Walter is a dick most of the time. Hank and his wife have to screw everything up. Don't even get me started on Skylar. 

Poor Walt.Jr. He just wants to cook...breakfast.

• Brohoof 1

There are two episodes in this show that I might consider the best episodes on TV, which are Face-Off and Ozymandias.

I don't remember the names of the episodes unfortunately, but one of my favorites was when...

Walt and Jesse were at Tuco's grand father's house (the guy with the bell) and they were trying to poison Tuco, but that guy kept ringing the bell trying to blow their cover. My heart was fucking RACING during that whole episode.

That one might be extra stand-outish for me though because it was one of the earlier ones... That was really the first one that got me thinking OMG WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO THEY'RE FUCKED

• Brohoof 1

I love this show! I keep hearing how it's supposed to be "better" than The Wire (another fav). Why the arguing? Why can't they simply coexist?

One of Breaking Bad's greatest strengths, I feel, is that it is able to use some very (VERY) contrived circumstances and make them believable or at least organic to the plot and character motivations. Come on, just how many times has Walt's life hung in the balance? It's not realistic, nor is it supposed to be. Breaking Bad, to me, is a classic Greek tragedy in the guise of a modern Western.

If the writing wasn't top notch, then everything would fall apart, but the writing is absolutely phenomenal. It's just an amazing achievement overall.

• Brohoof 1

I don't remember the names of the episodes unfortunately, but one of my favorites was when...

Walt and Jesse were at Tuco's grand father's house (the guy with the bell) and they were trying to poison Tuco, but that guy kept ringing the bell trying to blow their cover. My heart was fucking RACING during that whole episode.

That one might be extra stand-outish for me though because it was one of the earlier ones... That was really the first one that got me thinking OMG WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO THEY'RE FUCKED

Well Face-Off is when Walter bombs Gus Fring to oblivion and Ozymandias was when Hank died and Walter kidnaps his daughter.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That one might be extra stand-outish for me though because it was one of the earlier ones... That was really the first one that got me thinking OMG WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO THEY'RE FUCKED

I felt the same way. That episode was probably what made me realize just how great the show was going to be. I mean, the other ones before it were pretty suspenseful (1-3, 6 and 7 of Season 1 come to mind) but S2:E2 was even more so by far. Its name was "Grilled" by the way. Edited by Orangejack
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

My favorite show of ALL TIME. It's just so well done.

I almost missed out on it. I heard what it was about- a science teacher making drugs to get some money- and thought it sounded like the stupidest waste of time ever. My uncle made me watch the first 2 episodes and I was hooked.

On a side note- Tara Strong was hopelessly addicted to the show in early February '14. She didn't even know John De Lancie (Discord) was in it until she saw him.

It truly is a GREAT show but BEWARE it is the total opposite of Friendship is Magic LOL.

The funny thing is that almost missing out on that show is what made me give MLP more of a chance at the beginning. I found out about MLP about 3 months after Breaking Bad ended.

Edited by steve88

Breaking Bad is one of the few shows that I am willing to watch for hours. It had one of the best narratives I have ever seen. I particularly enjoyed the way it showed how small actions can lead to big consequences.

• 1 month later...

I've been watching Breaking Bad this past month and have been loving every minute of it! :yay:

Just finished the first half of the 5th season today, cannot wait to see the last 8 episodes and see how it ends. :D

Oh, I love this show!!! :D Only got up to the start of the third season though! I'd better stay watching it again!

Did anyone else find that at the start they hated Hank? To me, he seemed annoying and useless, but after a series or two I really came to like him, and he became my favourite character! :P

After he killed Tucho, he really went up in my expectations. We saw that he was not only a man of action when required, but he could never get the memory out of his head. This internal conflict makes such a normally jolly character incredibly complex, and so really liked how they did that with him

This is probably my favourite series out on TV, I do enjoy it more than MLP.Please note this is a spoiler so to those who have not watched the last episode, please avoid reading the paragraph below.

Spoiler: Okay so my problem is when Walter goes into the meth kitchen just after the incident of the final boss battle and the police on the way. Seeing as he was in the kitchen, he could have started to try and make one final batch or actually try some of his meth before curbing over. That would have added to the shock of the ending.