There are some stories that have ended prematurely.
A story that should have been seen to its finale, ended by the loss of its important characters. Many stories within this world. She has seen many of these stories, since the inception of the sun. The great ever-watching eyes of Princess Celestia have seen the war, the nightmare of the moon, and a chaos plaguing ponykind. Yet they have not seen the worlds beyond her world, nor the fabrics that make up Reslia Perelis, the world in which all worlds are contained.
It would be this tale that the Princess would never anticipate. A tale, that, she had hoped, would not be marred by loss. She had seen enough already.
This would all begin one day, at the behest of one unusual unicorn. In her lifelong search of mythical beings known as "humans," she sought a way into their world. The world of Earth. But it was not just passage into their world that this unicorn sought. She also sought to become one. As she further and further researched things that should be better left unknown by ponykind, the unicorn became steeped in darkness and hatred. She obtained more and more power in her desires, and to this end mutated to grow the wings of an alicorn. But unlike an alicorn, her appearance was mutilated with holes and the eviled wings of an insect. They called her a demon, she called herself a Changeling.
Having found a way into the human world, the newly created Changeling attempted to pierce the Sentient Barrier, a barrier had by each of the worlds in Reslia Perelis. This barrier limited the amount of sentient species allowed in a world. On Earth, the Sentient Barrier was limited to humans only. In Equestria, it was limited to ponies and various other sentient creatures.
Yet she had never managed to pierce the barrier. Having been driven absolutely mad by this devastation and become far too addicted to power, she had grown to need to eat a special kind of magic called love for sustenance. Soon, she gathered a massive cult of greedy ponies who had become corrupted into a hive of Changelings. They called her Queen Chrysalis.
The Queen's goal was to find the largest source of power in Equestria, to finally pierce that pesky barrier once and for all.
Princess Celestia and her sister, Princess Luna, did not anticipate this threat and could not overpower Queen Chrysalis with the Elements of Harmony. This left her and her followers to run rampant across Equestria. They no longer had the power, and they had to find new wielders of the Elements that made up the world. Yet as hard and far as they searched, it seemed nopony was fit to wield them.
...Or so they thought.
What Queen Chrysalis and the Princesses were quite unaware of was that they had indeed pierced the barrier with her depraved experiments, but on the other side.
That very day, several glowing cracks opened all across the planet of Earth, near the homes of the humans that had resided there. Repelled by the negative energy, most of the humans had stayed in their homes. Yet there were some who were attracted by this energy... and ventured into the cracks...
These humans traveled across Reslia Perelis, through space and time, and past the barrier successfully for the first time in history. Crossing the barrier caused unexpected and erratic results. Unable to handle the introduction of a non-existing sentient species, the humans were converted into the primary sentient species of the world, ponies, and had forgotten their names. Still harboring mostly intact memories of their pasts, they awaken on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest.
Now left to wonder Equestria, confused, they ponder their fate...
Welcome to Shifted: The Remake! This roleplay is actually a remake of an existing one in the past that died. I hope to make it bigger, better, and more lasting!
In this RP, you are basically playing as a human transformed into a pony. We will first begin with the former humans merely trying to figure out their pony abilities, very simply. However, as time goes on, they will become increasingly enraveled in the complex story involving Celestia, Luna, the elements, and Chrysalis.
This RP is going to be different from other RPs here, as it will be more advanced and more will be expected out of you. I am looking for a batch of decent RPers on the forums who can hold their own and who are dedicated to keeping this alive. I will do everything in my power to ensure that it doesn't die, and I hope you do the same. You may not be accepted if you do not meet the requirements. But if you are a good to decent writer, you should be all right.
Before you can join though, there are some rules that you are expected to follow.
Rules of RP
- No godmodding, Mary-Sues, etc. See The General Guide to Roleplaying for the big no-nos in more detail.
- Proper spelling and grammar is expected at all times. I will not chew you out for minor typos, but if it is consistent, I will have to put my foot down.
- It is highly encouraged though that you write detailed and quality posts, and make them as long as you wish.
- This RP is expected to go at a slower pace than most. So no repetitive quick posting. In fact, to enforce this, you must wait until at least two people post before you before you post again.
- If, however, it has been at least one day and only one person has posted before you, you may post again.
- Note that the above may be changed depending on roleplay activity. I will announce this.
- To keep activity up, there will be an activity check every two weeks. If you have not posted in two weeks, your character will be ejected from the RP and your spot will be re-opened for new roleplayers to join.
- I will be carefully overlooking and approving every character form that is posted. Just because you post it, does not mean you are automatically accepted. If you are accepted, I will quote your post and say Accepted. Until then, you are NOT accepted into the RP and cannot post until I say so. If you are not accepted, I will quote your post and explain what you need to change to become accepted.
- The Mane Six do not exist in this universe. Hence why the Princesses had to use the Elements on their own and failed.
- If you have an already-existing pony and would like to put them in Shifted, just put a little Shifted backstory bellow the normal one.
- Alicorns are strictly prohibited. You may only play as an earth pony, a pegasus, or a unicorn.
- Artsy Dreamscapes/F/Unicorn - Doggess Arylett
- Klopp/M/Pegasus - Misso Klopp
- Starry Sky/F/Pegasus - NarutardedScum!!
- Ice Storm/F/Unicorn - Ice Storm
- Jack Stache/M/Unicorn - Skyman
- Electrobolt/M/Earth Pony - Electrobolt
- Numbers/M/Earth Pony - Scootacool
- Serah Anastos/F/Unicorn - Burt Cocaine
- Magenta/F/Unicorn - Questio
- Aurora Flare/F/Unicorn - Aureity
- Daylight/M/Unicorn - Dave247
- Alex Night/M/Pegasus - Alex_Night
- Silver/M/Pegasus - Silver Arrow
Edited by Ice Storm, 28 September 2012 - 05:45 PM.