Link to Roleplay: http://mlpforums.com...-acceptance-rp/
It is March 17, 2019, and the day of emergence has come. Four thousand years ago, a massive war raged the planet, but it was not between nations, but between beings of supreme sentience. Dragons have prowled the earth living both in peace and in turmoil with their human and Elven counterparts that inhabited lands, but in time, a group of humans became more fearful of dragons as they realized their potential power and started an organized resistance to try to destroy the race, or at the very least enslave them, as was the same goal for the elves to make the human race the number one most dominant, most powerful race in the lands. This organization later dubbed themselves "The Talon" as if in smite of the foes they were seeking to destroy.
The dragons being completely unaware of any sort of idea remained to their nature, mostly living among the clans that they had established throughout the lands. A majority of the dragon race got along quite well with the human race, and enjoyed being within the company of them while others despised the human race as soldiers from the various kingdoms seeked to hunt them down out of glory, or out of fear when the dragon had not done anything to provoke such activity. These dragons that disliked humans were always claiming that one day they would unite and destroy them all.
The talon built and built for years soon becoming a major organization that operated in secret from the government in the attempt to either enslave all dragons or destroy the ones that proved to be troublesome which included dragons that bared riders. After they had almost four thousand supporters, The talon used trickery and deception to lure the dragons in, and used harpoons and chains coated with magic and poison to restrict the dragon's resistance as will as eliminate their breath of fire. Once subdued, all dragons captures were clipped to where they couldn't fly, and dragons that managed to get off the ground after the initial capture had their wings slowly, and painfully removed from their bodies using a winding pulley with magic re-enforced chains that slowly tore them off.
The talon used the initial batch of dragons as breeding harvesters as they discovered that the soul of the dragon contained an enormous increase in power to a human body if consumed, and The talon began harvesting the eggs for the soul purpose of necromantic magic to remove the soul from a hatchling's body and put it in a magic sealed bottle and let aged until the dragon inside had reached a certain state in which it was then drank by it's human host, and the process continued as the organization raged full war with the Dragons fighting the wild clans until the subdued or were destroyed, and after a long four hundred years of constant fighting the numbers of the dragon race were dangerously low, and in exchange for their lives, one, all mighty dragon lord with the help of his most powerful mages cast a single spell that reached out to the entire dragon race, and pulled them from the physical realm into a state of Spirituality in where they could escape total extinction.
To wild dragons and dragons within clans, this was a blessing at first as for the most part the spell made it to where they could interact with other physical elements, but if enough pressure was applied they would go straight through, not without and immense amount of pain though, and they still kept their form. To a Rider bearing dragon, this was a curse, something that although saved the lives of all, punished the ones who have done no wrong and fought with them and along side of them. Since then, the dragons have surveyed the human race as they coherently forced every other non-human race into submission by completely destroying any trace that elves or dwarfs inhabited the planet forcing the remnants of the two races to live amongst humans in such a way to where they weren't noticed. The dragons have been watching and waiting for a time where they felt it would be safe for them to re-emerge into the physical plane and live amongst the races once again. With the new technological advances of the human race, the weapons have become far more efficient and more deadly than they were when they had cast themselves into this realm.
Now, having been nearly four thousand years since the spell that put them in the Spiritual Realm had been cast, the dragons decided that their numbers and their powers have developed enough to where they would be able to hold their own in case of an attack. However, what they don't know is that former members of the talon that have consumed the dragons of the past still roam the continents of earth, and have been planning for the return of the dragons since the day they mysteriously vanished off the face of the earth. The year is now 2019, and the dragons have lifted the spiritualization spell, and have come back into the physical realm in full form, but the talon have returned to they attempts of the past and have begun targeting dragons once again.
The dragons do have help this time though. The media. The humans and remnants of the other races that have been destroyed are glorified by the return of dragons and although a bit wary of the dragons, most of the people, especially children are ecstatic about their return, but the peace can't last forever unfortunately, and the talon have infiltrated the government systems of almost every country world wide and are formulating a scheme to get the people to either turn on the dragons, or figure out how to attack them to make things look like an accident. Outposts of the talon have been set up all around the globe with multiples in each country and they have once again openly declared war against the dragons this time to completely destroy them.
-Plot-Playing as Dragons/Dragon Supporters-
After four thousand years of living in hiding the dragons have returned to the physical plane in attempts to once again live peacefully among humans while destroying the hidden Talon camps, bases, and outposts that are located throughout the entire planet.
This RPG Will begin in the year 2019. All modern Weaponry is allowed, and we are using the real world as out basis for the settings. If this gets enough interests and gets started, we will be starting in the Rocky Mountains
Dragon-Riders: Dragon Riders are to be played with a Paired Bonding Style. All effects that would be put onto one is felt through the other. That being said, if a dragon or it's rider dies, then the counterpart would die as well.
Dragons: The dragons in this RPG are creatures of magic, but cannot control the magic that is harnessed with in them with the exception minor healing magic. Also they grow very quickly. After only a year they are about the size of a pony and after three years are the size of a Clydesdale.
Talon: A large group of humans that have the broken soul of a dragon in them giving them extraordinary power. However, over the years, the arts of knowing and using magic have been all but lost
Human: The humans in the RPG can be played either as Talon Supporters or Dragon Supporters
Elf: Basically the same as humans at this point in time however they have a secondary name that is rooted in their soul. This name doesn't give them any sort of power, it is just the name of their soul that has been carried from the past. All elves posses healing magic which varies from healing cuts and bruises to repairing bone structure (healing broken bones).
(Elazar/Silvera): Ice Storm,
Kyle Retouta : Alex_Night
Simon Tolbourne : Evilshy
Prince Lightning, TagTeamCast
(Elazar/Silvera): Ice Storm
Simon Tolbourne: Evilshy
Kyle Retouta : Alex_Night
Rules of the Roleplay:
- First of this is going to be a moderate to advanced Literacy Level RP. By partaking in this RP you will be expected to provide well thought out posts.
- In reference to the post above, this roleplay will have a user implemented 150 word minimum per post. (If it's withing 10 words that's okay, as long as your making an attempt to get to the minimum. We all have off days.)
- Because of the fact that we are going to have people playing on both factions, I am removing the posting delay. That way both sides can post equally without having to wait for additional responses.
- In reference to the post above. If there has not been a post for 24 hours and the 2 (or three) post delay has not been reached then a previous poster may post so as long as it is not a double post.
- Also, because of the fact that both Factions are being played, Metagaming is Strictly prohibited. (Metagaming is your character knowing something about what is going on in the world that he or she would not realistically know) If you are part of one faction, do not post events or occurrences of the other faction unless your character has actually witnessed it.
- This Roleplay as you can see, does not deal with Ponies. It used the Modern United States as the primary Role-playing area.
- This one goes without saying, but No Godmodding or Powerplaying.
- No Mary-Sues please.
- I will be approving all characters for this Role-play and only the first 10 Accepted users will be able to participate in the Role-play. However, if enough interest is generated, I will open up a waiting list for users that wish to get in.
- All Rules are subject to change and rules may be added or removed to this Roleplay as I see fit.
- Those who are going to be playing Dragonriders will have to do a character sheet for both the dragon and the Rider. You do not have to do multiple backstories though. You can link the back story of your dragon (assuming it's been with you since hatch)
- Also, this is the most important rule of the Roleplay. HAVE FUN!!! at the end of the day, this is still a game and those participating in it should be having as much fun as they can.
Edited by Ice Storm, 11 October 2012 - 08:02 PM.