Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How stupid can people be?

Brook

A good question, to which there is no intelligent answer, but I will say this, stupidity is now the most traded commodity in the world, it knows no barriers, nor is anyone exempt from it. With the internet and globalisation, we see stupidity as entertainment, for example, YouTube, where complete idiots, do idiotic things, then receive views and unwarranted attention on some news broadcast, this video has gone viral, they say, now stupidity has taken on a life of its own. Like a virus, it's everywhere now, cinema, literature, television and on-line, fortunately many of us are inoculated to pathogen, that some people laugh at, while the rest of us berate this behaviour, however, it is easy to control and use idiots, so now it is a tool to be used by someone with an agenda, to make money or politics. It is a power of wills and words, even the most half witted can use, semantics can be helpful for the least common multiple, to the greatest common faction, so to fight stupidity, you have to feign stupidity, Emperor Claudius did that before he was emperor of Rome, by not looking as a threat, he fooled the most swift minded Roman consuls, but we have to be better than Claudius, we have to know the game, then slowly show the public the folly, then finally, awaken from the stupor. 

(edited)

I got one more to share:

I have two brothers, Tony and my twin brother, Daniel. Now these two never get along too well, hot tempered, if you know what i mean. What began as a peaceful picnic ends up becoming the worst day of my life, all i wanted was for them to try and get along for once; but boy do i regret it after what happens next. My two brothers got into an argument over something trivial, can't remember for the life of me. I'm working on my video when i hear this loud yelling outside my car window; i see them both starting to heat up in the fighting so i call the cops to break it up. Can you guess what happens?

The cops show up just as tony has my brother running for the car, what happens next is a shocker: Tony punches him square in the face in front of the police.  :blink: The only thing i have to say? "Tony, wtf?!" The cops take him to jail for it and i've just sat here trying to make sense of what just happened. :wacko:

I laughed when I read the topic title for this.  :lol:

I have plenty of stories and I shall share one. 

I worked in the Valet business for a few years. (parking /retrieving cars) The story involves a fellow from Egypt named George - George because his full name was awesome if not complex for many Americans-  and a girl named Julia. I was in our dispatch room manning the phones as George was backing in an SUV, Julia saw this as she was walking towards the room. George parks slow, which is good, the safer one is the less likely one will damage a car! The following conversation ensued:

Julia: I cannot stand how George parks his cars!

Me: Oh yeah?

Julia: I hate his driving, it drives me nuts!

Me: Well, maybe that's how some people drive in Africa?

(she looks me dead in the eyes)

Julia: He's from Egypt!

Me: Yeah, and Egypt -is- -in- Africa!  :derp:

I never got over this, it was so funny. It's very basic Geography for crying out loud. In the day and age of information and technology, ignorance is a choice.  :)

I call that a brain fart, but i guess i can understand.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

Stupidity isn't necessarily doing something stupid, but I would consider it doing something unintelligent and not learning from it. A smart person does something stupid one time and then only does it maybe one other time in their live at most. A stupid person will do something again and again and again and simply act as though no bad outcome came from it.

I was watching the local news in my area a few weeks ago, and some woman was filming a scuba-diving video, but some shark came along and bit a decent chunk of flesh off of her back. She survived, and I was relieved, but then she said that she plans on continuing to scuba-dive, despite getting almost killed by a shark. I felt like she was being pretty stupid for acting as though the shark attack wasn't a life-changing experience. I don't mind the fact that she wanted to continue her life of diving, but she just acted like she didn't learn even one thing from getting attacked. Personally, if a shark attacked me, I would be a lot more cautious about the waters I dove in.

• Brohoof 1

Stupidity isn't necessarily doing something stupid, but I would consider it doing something unintelligent and not learning from it. A smart person does something stupid one time and then only does it maybe one other time in their live at most. A stupid person will do something again and again and again and simply act as though no bad outcome came from it.

I was watching the local news in my area a few weeks ago, and some woman was filming a scuba-diving video, but some shark came along and bit a decent chunk of flesh off of her back. She survived, and I was relieved, but then she said that she plans on continuing to scuba-dive, despite getting almost killed by a shark. I felt like she was being pretty stupid for acting as though the shark attack wasn't a life-changing experience. I don't mind the fact that she wanted to continue her life of diving, but she just acted like she didn't learn even one thing from getting attacked. Personally, if a shark attacked me, I would be a lot more cautious about the waters I dove in.

Most never learn from it, but i applaud those who do. One example of a idiot, is those who keep committing a crime regardless of the consequences.

• Brohoof 1

Most never learn from it, but i applaud those who do. One example of a idiot, is those who keep committing a crime regardless of the consequences.

Definitely. Especially when those idiots have been to prison and spent time for committing a crime, then they get out and commit the crime again. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Definitely. Especially when those idiots have been to prison and spent time for committing a crime, then they get out and commit the crime again. 

I've been struck in the gut two times by two different people, one when i had a donut and the next by a student who didn't like me. Getting the wind knocked out of you is never a pleasant experience.

Edited by Candy Star

I've been struck in the gut two times by two different people, one when i had a donut and the next by a student who didn't like me. Getting the wind knocked out of you is never a pleasant experience. 

Was the Doughnut incident intentional?  :blink:

You'll be surprised at how stupid people can get. In fact, the average person is... pretty damn stupid. At any rate, there's this questionable friend i had who lived around the block next to me when we we're kids; he was nice enough, but started doing stupid crap as we grew up.

At some of his worst moment, he actually let his stupidity out in forms like: "It's like 2 + 2 is 5!" - to which i answered "It's 4.." - and then he shrugged and said "You say tomato, i say tomato".

Ugh.

When she talks, everyone's IQ in the room plummets. Wow.  :eww:

Listening to her speak is cringeworthy. I have no idea how she passed school if she believes France is not a country.

• Brohoof 1

Years ago I was in a Suncoast Video store. (I miss Suncoast!) looking to buy anime. I overheard a woman ask the guy working there if he had a movie she loved as a kid. He asked the title, and she said "Jason and the Astronauts". I literally had to run out of the store I was laughing so hard!

Years ago I was in a Suncoast Video store. (I miss Suncoast!) looking to buy anime. I overheard a woman ask the guy working there if he had a movie she loved as a kid. He asked the title, and she said "Jason and the Astronauts". I literally had to run out of the store I was laughing so hard!

I'm afraid to ask, but what was so funny about it?

(edited)

I'm afraid to ask, but what was so funny about it?

The movie is called "Jason and the Argonauts". I should clarify. This was YEARS ago. (I'm 36!) I just found out that there is a movie supposedly in production now for "Jason and the Astronauts", but that did not exist yet when she made her request.  

Back on an edit. I also just discovered there's a music group calling themselves "Jason and the Astronauts", but they didn't exist yet either when the woman asked about a movie she remembered as a kid. 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Hm... The most I've got is a guy back when I was in Music Appreciation. I understand that Music Appreciation is a class that is taken by many people who are not majoring in music and have no knowledge of classical music, but hear me out. lol

There was this guy who said the dumbest things (and he did it like every day)... You'd think he was a class clown, but his demeanor and tone of voice just indicated that he was dead serious in everything he said. Sadly only one instance really sticks in my mind now. It was the day where our professor told us to open up our books to the section on the Romantic period. Note: He had the book, right in front of him, with the definition. The professor puts out the question "Now can anyone tell me what Romanticism in music means?" The guy raises his hand and she picks him and he says "Uh... When two people love each other."

I can't remember very well, but the look on the professor's face must have been hilarious. Once again, I understand this is the kind of thing that a class clown would do, but his demeanor was entirely serious, like he really believed that he had properly answered the question. Plus, with all of the other comments he made over the semester, it wouldn't be too hard to believe that this guy was...lacking up there.

• 2 weeks later...

You'd be surprised how stupid people can really be. There's different levels of stupidity, ranging from sad, to funny, to downright infuriating and even dangerous.

I've had the pleasure of encountering many people at various different places on the stupidity scale. Some people I already know who I used to respect ended up on there in my mind after they pulled some stupid shit and showed me their true colors.