Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

Deez Nuts" -random black guy

...named Warren G. on a Dr Dre skit in the 90's.

"Keeping you home today. Go back to sleep." -what every parent should be saying each monday, tuesday, thursday, friday, wednesday morning.

"Indeed" -Teal'c Stargate SG-1

"Apathy is death." -Kreia StarWars Knights of the Old Republic

Bonus points to those who can guess what all of the following of my favorite quotes have in common!

"Wherever we look, the work of the chemist has raised the level of our civilization and has increased the productive capacity of our nation."
--Calvin Coolidge

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

--Albert Einstein

"Computer are like Old Testament gods: lots of rules and no mercy."

--Joseph Campbell

"The day when two army corps can annihilate each other in one second, all civilized nations, it is to be hoped, will recoil from war and discharge their troops."

--Alfred Nobel

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."

--Socrates

"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."

--Robert E. Lee

"Even brute beasts and wandering birds do not fall for the same traps or nets twice."

--Saint Jerome

"Wisdom and virtue are like the two wheels of a cart."

--Japanese Proverb

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself."

--John Milton

"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time."

--Leonard Bernstein

"What is drama but life with the dull bits cut out."

--Alfred Hitchcock

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."

--Socrates

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power, we have guided missiles and misguided men."

--Martin Luther King Jr.

I know that's a lot, but there's a lot of good quotes out there! And nothing quite makes you sound more intelligent than knowing a wise sounding quote for any random situation.  :P

Edited by Archangel

This is one that stands out in recent memory... warning!!! <<Gravity Falls SPOILER>>

"Hey, look at me... turn around and look at me, you one-eyed demon! You're a real wiseguy, but you made one fatal mistake... you messed with my family!" - Gruncle Stan to Bill Cipher, just before punching him into oblivion...

And a Steven Universe quote <<also a spoiler, for just-ins>>

Lapis: Steven, whatever you're doing, just stop. If we do everything they say, they might go easy on us.

Steven: But... they're mean! They hurt my friends, they hurt my face! They've got you here in prison!

Lapis: That's why we can't fight them...

Steven: That why we have to fight them!

• Brohoof 1

From the novel We Are The Ants by Shaun David Hutchison.

"Your entire sense of self-worth is predicated upon your belief that you matter, that you matter to the universe.
But you don't.
Because we are the ants."

In context with the book, this quote is really strong.

Also, from another novel called Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman. 

"Dead kids are put on pedestals, but mentally ill kids get hidden under the rug."
Edited by Holiday

Freddie Mercury's quote about hell has always stood out to me.

“Oh, I was not made for heaven. No, I don't want to go to heaven. Hell is much better. Think of all the interesting people you're going to meet down there!”

There's something about that mindset I love, joking or otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

"There are those in our country today, too, who speak of the 'protection' of the country. Of 'survival'. The answer to that is: survival as what? A country isn't a rock and it isn't an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult!"

- Judge Haywood, Judgement At Nuremberg

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 1

“It is a general truism of this world that anything long divided will surely unite, and anything long united will surely divide.”

-Luo Guanzhong

Perhaps not as applicable to the modern world at large, but I believe that, in time, there may be yet another schism.  When and where is what we all wait for.

The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned... that deep down there's a light that never goes out! - Sora

If you have a dream don't wait, act! - Axel

(both quotes are from kingdom hearts).

• Brohoof 1

My favorites are:

"Never judge a book by its movie." ~J.W. Eagan

"The early bird may get the worm, but its the second mouse that gets the cheese." ~ Jeremy Paxman

"These are called tears.  They come when we are so sad, so soul sick, it's as if our hearts are so full of pain there's no place else for it to go." ~Taretha Foxton from Christie Golden's World of Warcraft book "Lord of the Clans"

• Brohoof 1

Maybe not my favourite, but I like it

"You can pull any face behind a mask but be careful. Someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret." -Cassie

"This isn't revenge, it's punishment!" - Punisher.

"If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than kryptinite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person...and deep down, I'm not." - Batman.

• Brohoof 1