Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

Possibly mentioned further back in the thread but one of my favorites of all time is:

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

Some people argue that he never exactly said this, but it is the message conveyed that is important and very much reflects what he believed. In other words, don't expect others to do what is right. Do what is right yourself. It is the greatest weapon against hypocrisy and the most powerful means of changing the world. One person at a time. It also means leading by example.  :fluttershy:

Edited by BlackWater627
  • Brohoof 2

"All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get Mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that'll burn your house down!" - Cave Johnson (Portal 2)

One of my favorite games and one of the best video game quotes ever.

Ah yes, the abyss. Beyond Good and Evil. "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."  - Friedrich Nietzshe, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, forever.  - George Orwell, 1984

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure. - Ellen Ripley, Aliens

And pretty much this entire scene from Network - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE&nohtml5=False

• Brohoof 2

"What is a cynic? (Cecil) A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. (Darlington)"

Exchange from Lady Windermere's Fan by Oscar Wilde.

"Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost."

Speech from the Great Dictator by Charlie Chaplin.

• Brohoof 1

"You believe that power itself makes one a god! But even Galactus, to whom all is possible, even Galactus whose every passing whim becomes reality -- EVEN GALACTUS IS NO GOD!" -- Galactus

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

"An eye for an eye, only makes the world blind" ~ Mahatma Ghandi.

Very true, I don't believe in blind justice for the sake of 'just desserts' because it only feeds its own poisonous cycle.

Edited by The Crimson Cross
  • Brohoof 1

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." -Napoleon Bonaparte