Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[SPOILERS] A Brony made it into the official show team!

CloudFyre

I put the "spoiler" tag there just to be safe, but apparently MandoPony was hired on by William Anderson to provide the instrumental music for Season 3!

*Edit: Just for clarification: It appears that MandoPony is simply writing music for Mr. Anderson. From there, I believe that Anderson takes the tentative scores/sheet music and works his magic. Anderson isn't going away, and he still does all of the background music, it's just that he got a helping hand from one of the fandom this time.

The big EQLA news item that I'm surprised has not been reported on yet was William Anderson revealing that he hired our very own MandoPony to provide instrumentals for the season 3 score. Mando was on stage with him hosting the panel, and they shared a kind of "oops we weren't supposed to reveal that" moment right afterwards... But that's pretty awesome, regardless!

This was pulled from the comments in the EQLA Compilation, and I'm surprised that EQD hasn't picked up on this yet.

*Edit: Sethisto added it to the list.

Anyhow, as someone who writes music for fun (and hopefully professionally one day), I think this is AWESOME!

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 19

Fantastic to see the higher-ups taking full notice of the talent inside their fanbase. That's really spectacular ^^ Can't wait to see what he can do.

• Brohoof 5

Holy crap, I wasn't expecting this at all, but heck, this is good stuff.

We got big shots like Mando on the brony side come and work for the show itself, there's no doubt it's gonna be awesome. I literally cannot wait to see where it goes from here.

Awesome, awesome, and, oh yeah, AWESOME!!!!!!!!! That is fantastic news; congrats to MandoPony!!!!!! So glad to see the makers of the show actually looking out into the fandom for new talent to bring to the show itself; yet again illustrates how our fandom's relationship with the show's makers is very different and much closer than that of other fandoms. One of the few that I can think of that is even comparable is the Halo fanbase's relationship with Bungie, which appears to have been carried over nicely to 343 Industries with the transition from the former to the latter.

P.S. @Chaotic Discord, love the new Avatar!!! I was waiting for somepony to draw Sombra in a sombrero!!! ^_^

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 3

OHMYGOSHYES@!!!!!!

MandoPony is my favorite brony musician, and in fact one of my favorite musicians over all... I am actually so excited that I am shedding tears!

Congrats to Andy for getting this far! He certainly deseves it!

• Brohoof 3

Wow! An actual brony musician hired to make music for the actual show? That is.. Amazing! Not only because I like Mando Pony's music but also because it shows even more how powerful the fandom has become. Mean when a fan of a tv show is hired to make music for for the actual show because he is such a big fan so he makes fanmade songs related to the show and it is appreciated by even the producers.. I wonder if they will ever or if they maybe already have, use/used fanmade material to maybe make an episode or do something similar again, maybe.. oh this can go far!

I can't wait to hear it and I hope we will somehow know which piece of music it is he made.

Anyways,

• Brohoof 1

You know this is just a guess, but I'd be hard-pressed to not think Picture Perfect Pony by Mando was one of the highlights in Hasbro's mind when they were looking at his work, and decided to bring him board. Not only is it in itself a fantastic song, but it was the inspiration for a fan made video that was on par with the show's quality itself.

I know they're using him for instrumental purposes, but that's only because they're already got all the singers they need from their existing cast, and anyone new they've gotten that's not in the fanbase.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 3

i kinda panicked when i saw the title, i was kinda worried the the Brony would have some kind of creative influence which i think would be the worst thing for the show EVER.

but yay it just in the music direction and its Mondopony so good on him, its always nice to see talent get recognized

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

i kinda panicked when i saw the title, i was kinda worried the the Brony would have some kind of creative influence which i think would be the worst thing for the show EVER.

but yay it just in the music direction and its Mondopony so good on him, its always nice to see talent get recognized

Heh, I never thought of it that way. I guess you're right - if it were in the realm of say, writing or animation, that could affect on the show.

Although I don't think Mando would have a negative effect at all, he's being supervised by Anderson himself, so if nothing else he can catch anything that sounds "off".

Edited by CloudFyre

Mandopony?! Hired for the actual show?!

It's about freaking time!

If any pony fan musician deserves it, he does. Mr. Andrew Stein has had a fairly hard life, and he deserved the sort of break he's getting now. I cannot wait to see what he does with the instrumentals in the show. I mean, jeez...a pony fan, hired onto the show itself, to help out with something like that. It's just astonishing, and--as far as I'm aware--unprecedented, for a fan to be hired onto a show like that. Sure, you have things like comic book fans who grow up and eventually start writing/drawing for comics themselves, but that's a timespan of ten, twenty, thirty, or even forty years. This is less than two. It's astonishing.

• Brohoof 1

I am so happy for him, way to go dude. I am a musician as well though I haven't played in a while maybe I should start composing and playing again.

Woah....that's so cool!

Never knew a member of the fandom would be good enough to actually create music for the show! How cool.....when season 3 comes out, I'll be sure to be listening for his music. I'm sure sure he'll do a great job!

I hope his talent is recognized well. I'm sure it will! Can't wait to see what other things we'll hear. He'll be a great part of the crew! Congrats, Mandopony, and I hope you continue to make wonderful music to make MLP a better show! I'm gonna go research and hear some of his music (if he has any posted online) and see how it is.

This is awesome! Mandopony has always been my favorite acoustic musician and I always thought his music was show-worthy but I never expected them to actually hire him. Just to think he used to have financial issues. Well that should be a thing of the past now! I look forward to seeing what kind of creativity he brings to the show. Hopefully this is a sign of great things to come.

No joke, if the show is still running, and nopony or director wants to direct the show, I will step in. I am taking 4 years of Media Communications (well, I have been filmaking for 3 years now) and I will take over afterward. Maybe I give you bronys moar. Or, I'll work on the music cause I play piano. I think Daniel Ingram though would be mad at me.

Don't worry guys, any day now Hasbro/Studio B will be contacting Doctor XFizzle to be their ponified sports consultant. Rainbow Dash going to join a hoofball team. She spurns the Ponyville Applebuckers to join the Clousdale Spartans.

Waitwaitwaitwait... Does this mean Wil won't be doing the BGM anymore? :( Don't get me wrong, I like Mando's music, but I absolutely ADORED Anderson's work! Please tell me this isn't the case... :o

Nonononono...MandoPony was hired by Anderson. As far as I can tell, Mando simply wrote some of the scores, and Anderson worked his magic with the sheet music. (Mando could have also synthesized some of the songs himself, but I'm not sure.)

• Brohoof 2

Season 3 will be super amazing since one of the fans will be writing the music. :D I'm pretty sure it'll be ~awesome~ ^____^

This would probably make me a bigger fan of the music than I was before.

Michael Anderson

*facedesk*

I know very little of Andrew Stein, but everything I've heard of him has been nothing but positive. He has very strong connections with the show's music staff, some of the crew on DHX Media (ie Sabrina Alberghetti), and the CMC cast - Michelle Creber in particular. He's recorded and performed a number of songs with Michelle, and there's also a CD out featuring their music (Daniel Ingram arranged track 7):

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michellecreber8

When I was in Vancouver back in late July to see Daniel Ingram and Steffan Andrews, Andrew happened to be there also (can't decide which picture is better, so I kept both):

http://imageshack.us/a/img259/4323/dscf1593i.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img62/3545/dscf1594j.jpg

Daniel had music sheets for Littlest Pet Shop on his composing desk at the time as well. I accidentally caught a glimpse at that, and I had to keep quiet about it until it was announced in mid-October.

I'm rather surprised how little people seem to know about Kristopher Gee, considering he's been scoring/orchestrating MLP:FiM along with Will Anderson since day one. I recently spoke with Kristopher and he said he wasn't on the show anymore and wasn't involved on season 3. Rather disappointing since I feel he excels at what he does, though that more than likely confirms that Andrew Stein is his "replacement" so to speak.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

*facedesk*

How...HOW THE HECK DID I MANAGE THAT?!? And how did nobody else catch that until now...(Truth be told, I probably wrote that because I know I guy named Michael Anderson. That's dyslexia for you.)

That will be fixed. Promptly.

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 1