Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you're emotionally attached to

Lightning Fluttershy

I'm attached to both and ! :wub:

But seriously, you guys were pretty much on the list of the greatest things that happened to me. Spazzy for Applejacking buddying, cute debates about shooting people, and partner, basically :P--and LF for understanding me really well as a friend and helping me with my life problems ;)

Another thing I'm emotionally attached to is Applejack--this isn't a joke, I kind of am.

I'm basically one of those "depressed teens who got happy from watching ponies". AJ always cheered me up and was there for me.

And before you send me to a mental hospital, keep in mind that this...well, this is indeed my mental thoughts :P

Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 2

These guys:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Really, they're like, my whole childhood. I would really get sad if anything happened to them.

I still play them, and probably will for a very long time.

• Brohoof 1

I have this teddy bear with a rain coat that I got when I was 3 year old. I have it in my closet because It brings tears to my eyes when I see it. The reason for this is it was what I got from my grandmother's will when she died. I got other things that I now know of like money and some jewelry but that bear is what I remember getting and I have a very strong attachment to it.

(edited)

I'm attached to both Death the Kid and spas-ticShotty!

Aww thanks!

I knew I was missing something from my post to start the thread. It was you @Clarity! I don't think I would've lasted much longer without your support. :wub: Thanks so much for being there for me!

Edited by Death the Kid
  • Brohoof 1

My mother, she's the only person in the world who's ever involved herself extremely in my daily life. I was also emotionally involved with my old cat Mocha I used to have.

• Brohoof 1

For me, its my imediate family and since she is with me all the time and anything longer then a weekend away I want to see her (and pet her) again is my Cat. If I were to loose her I would be very heartbroken for a long while.

Strangely enough, whenever I'm feeling depressed, listing to a few select Metalica songs always cheers me up. Not sure what is up with that band but I listen to one CD and I feel much better. Strange...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm emotionally attached to my Halo collection. I own the entire series of games, and the highest edition possible of each one. I own shelves of action figures. I have posters, I own the Halo xbox, the Halo 3 Xbox 360, , I have all the books. I'm just fanatical about Halo.

Edited by Suprememessage

I LOVE that song! Anyways I'm attached to my guitar, I always have it with me, except for school, though it is in the building. It was the instrument I ever learned how to play, and it allowed me to learn piano, trombone, drums, and vocals. It also helped me learn how to compose music, as I have done for my school band. My guitar is without a doubt what I'm attached to.

I'm emotionally attached to Michigan Football. While it seems like a stupid thing to be obsessed over, my father and I bonded over watching it. I've spent the past ten years being obsessed with Michigan football, and it's a tradition to go to their spring scrimmage every year, just my father and I.

I'm also emotionally attached to Rainbow Dash, but that's a different story.

post-8252-0-18354100-1353203331_thumb.png

This, my 2000 Ford Ranger. This truck has been in my family for 10 years when my dad bought it this month in 2002. He gave it to me the day I got my license, and it's still going strong today, with a little over 185,000 on the odometer. It has never broken down, it's never been in a wreck, and the only major problem it's recently had was with the ABS about a year ago. I've been to my first football and basketball games at IU in it. It's taken me to high school and back without fail, and it takes the 2 hour drive from my college campus back to my house each time like a champ. I got my license in this truck, and have had countless nights at the drive in in it. To me, this truck is like a member of the family we've had it for so long, and I will be devastated the day it finally does stop working. When that day does happen, I'll keep a memento from it, like the rear view mirror, or the volume knob from the radio, and I'll frame the key and put that in my house, to remind me of one of the best friends I've ever had. Sure it doesn't have power windows or power locks, but I love it like a family member or a best friend.

• Brohoof 1

I'm emotionally attached to the people in this forum. Why? Well, through everything I've gone through in my life, I sometimes used to ask myself; is there really any love left in world. There was. I discovered it when I became a brony a joined the fandom and community. That was when i rediscovered a new form of love that i I've never felt i had. The love of good friends. A lot people have the misconception that's always about ponies. It's not always, about ponies. It's about enjoying something together and being creative and sharing what it is from the show that brings out the love and emotion to create something that does nothing more then show you appreciation for love of another pony's craft. Judgeth not, a pony that loveth their craft. For that pony understandeth love.

My bassoon. That seems obvious when it comes to me, but I don't know that I've ever actually went into it all of that much. There are so many factors. First being that my grandparents got it for me. I say this because I recall hearing it was my grandfather's idea and he was so happy to be able to get it for me. A year later he fell ill, and a few years later he passed away. His death was the first first close human death I had ever experienced.

Then came everything else. First being the instrument helping me learn bass clef and ultimately helping me in Music Theory. Keeping my dream of being a Music major in college alive. In my senior year of high school, I was so bad with Music Theory. I thought I would never be able to get it ever, and my teacher even pulled me aside and told me that me going for music in college was a lost cause. Then it helped me understand being a musician altogether. I never got it in high school or before. I never had learned to perform for myself... But with the bassoon I quickly became to learn where I was behind and that I had to fix it.

Then my life flipped upside down, and I didn't know what to do with anything anymore.... So I clung to it. I had previously thought that becoming a musician was impossible for me, and truth be told I likely would have given up by now (not happily so). However, when I recognized that the future is not inevitable, I clung to achieving that goal. I already have everything for it, and I realized that was what I had to continue to go for...

But now I honestly feel like giving up again... But this is not the time and place for discussing that.

Other things I've strangely become emotionally attached to. It may come off as nostalgia, in fact that's probably what it should be called. Just extreme nostalgia. A nostalgia so extreme that it can kill my mood and literally make me feel sick.

The things that do that for me are shows (mostly if not entirely anime) and video games that I watched/played around the time right before my life changed. Shows like One Piece (up to the end of Enies Lobby arc) and games like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I love One Piece and Twilight Princess to pieces for reasons completely separate from nostalgia. But watching/playing them can really tear me to shreds inside. Especially the music, it takes me back to that state of mind I used to be able to have where everything was so hopeful for the future and, well, just not now.

You'd think it would be everything before that point, but it's actually just stuff I enjoyed in that short amount of time. I'm actually glad for that. I can have regular nostalgia for memories further back like Animal Crossing and the first two generations of Pokemon.

Anyway, if anybody actually got through this post I am shocked. =P

• Brohoof 2

You know what? I have a whole bunch of stuff from when I was much younger that I still hold on to and cherish. I recently found an old book that I loved reading in first grade, this one to be exact, and almost broke down into a screaming fit when I saw my sister drop it. I shouldn't be so possessive over these things, but like, my memories of these things fdajkl;fdjfdsafdajfdask;dfjk;fdsa

I also kind of have a penny from Bermuda that I carry around with me all the time. I've never been to Bermuda, but it belonged to somebody who I consider important who's now gone.

I'm emotionally attached to my computer. It's sad but true. I can't go mare than a day without it...

I'm also emotionally attached to my friends. Life is harder when you have no friends. :(

im emotionally attached to an old nissan in my driveway. i have a gut feeling that it will never see the road again while its in my possession, but i still enjoy seeing it there everyday. its weird, but i see it as a rock in my life... something i know will always be there unless i do something about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm attached to my partner, my headphones and my guinea pigs.

Both me and my partner suffer from depression and we only have each other. I love my partner so much! Happens to be my first real friend too. We've been together for 1,5 year now :wub:

And yeah, my headphones... I'm pretty much addicted to music. I always have them plugged in in school. If they break, I seriously cry.

My guinea pigs are a bright spot in my life. I have 6 piggies. I love them so much.

First and foremost, my girlfriend. I'd don't even want to think about how much of a wreck I would be (and had been) without her. But her aside...pretty much everything I own. I'm not a hoarder, but I'm definitely what you'd call a pack rat. I find meaning in the most broken and useless things, to the point that I'd feel really bad if they were no longer in my possession. Of course, there's a few things that would really devastate me if I were to lose them, but overall, yeah, everything.

The funny thing is, I'm not even a materialistic person. I could honestly do without all my things without any problems, if I hadn't acquired them in the first place. And I'm not constantly on the hunt for new stuff, it's just things I happen to stumble upon that I get attached to.

Edited by Abstract

I was gonna say family and friends, but that seems to be the general answer here, lol. I'll say this instead:

I'm emotionally attached to my woof woof.

What is woof woof you ask? She's a dog, my stuffed animal. Woof woof got her name from the sounds my mother and I would make when we played with her. I've had her for as long as I can remember (she is almost as old as I am) Lately, she just sits in the corner of my room collecting dust, but every once in awhile I'll pick her up, look fondly at her, and give her a hug. I remember one time, my brother and I were fighting and he took woof woof away from me. He was threatening to throw her in the toilet and he wouldn't give her back, so I tried to pull her from him and her ear ripped off. I was so upset. I ended up sewing her ear back on myself. The stitches didn't so hold well, so I attached a saftey pin to hold her ear in place better. I thought of it as an ear piercing. Every time I tried to "replace" woof woof with another stuffed animal, I always imagined her feeling jealous, rejected, and unloved (except for my beloved stuffed horsie named brownie, whom i considered woof woof's best friend). For years, I slept with woof woof in my arms every night. If she wasn't where I could find her, I would blindly stumble around in my room searching for her. She traveled with me everywhere too, on vacations and when sleeping over at other people's houses. Although I don't sleep holding woof woof anymore, I still get teary eyed at the thought of woof woof being destroyed or having to get rid of her. Maybe some day I'll pass woof woof down to my kids.

Edited by crazitaco

I am highly emotionally attached to a sequence of five novels called The Underland Chronicles. I read the first book, Gregor the Overlander, maybe a month or so after it was published in 2003.

How dedicated? I can guess that I have probably created something like 10% of all the fanart of this series that has ever been posted to the English-speaking Internet that I have seen. I search for new fanart of almost every single day. If it were not for this series, I would probably visit deviantART, my favorite website, once a week or once a month.

The series ended five years ago. Most people would have moved on by now. But most people were not affected by the series on as personal of a level as me.

Edited by GuillermoGage

• 2 years later...

I'm emotionally attached to objects. My Luna plush and my car are most valuable to me. I love Luna (what a surprise) and I relate with her in many ways. My car allows me to escape and explore, listening to my music really loud, singing and screaming along with the music booming inside.