Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when you're sick?

Skrinky

I experience physical discomfort.  I might utter "ooh" and "ahh" sounds; only bad ones.  Imagine them with the proper inflection.  I will take OTC medications if I really need them.  I will likely tell anyone who asks that I am fine.  Even if I'm still ooh-ing and ahh-ing.  Because I'm dumb like that.

(edited)

Really nobody does what I do? partake in  strainful  exercises like run up and down the stairs with plywood and plasterboard?  :P

Come on, hardly this thread is not going anywhere due to the fact people won't push themselves and will spend time in bed...like normal sane people do. I will take part in it anyway..  ;)

I spend my time wrap in my massive warm duvet and watch ponies, drink earl gray and listen to music. 

Edited by ArcusPluviusIncitus

It depends what I have and how sick I am, if I'm just barley sick enough to stay home from school I'll usually make something out of snow, if I'm sick at a time when there's no snow then I'll sit in my room on my laptop. If I'm really sick, I'll grab a blanket, a cold pack and curl up in a ball on the floor in front of my couch while alternating between having the cold pack on my head and the blanket on me, sometimes both, and only stopping to go to the bathroom and throw up.

I order pizza, very spicy pizza, it helps me i don't know why. Oh and when I am truly sick is the only time I rather watch tv than be on the computer.

Pretty much nonstop sleep. Being sick is no fun at all. I'd rather stave off the sickness than prolong it an entire week. It's a day of boredom and it's not fun. But my mood isn't going to be good, nor my spirits high when I'm dragging along a cold. Probably doesn't help with work performance either.

Bedtime with cups of Lemsip all day. :P

But if I have to be somewhere and I can't afford to take a sickie, I'll just do my best to think healthily. I know that sounds kinda weak, but you'd actually be surprised how much further you can go if you stop reminding yourself every second that your sick and just say "Let's get on with the day!". Little positive thinking and a "can do" attitude tends to work for most common illnesses, at least in my experience.

• 3 years later...

I continue on with my day as best I can...well, I try to at least. It depends on what I'm sick with. If it's the stomach flu, I usually can barely move without feeling like I gotta puke everywhere so I just stay in bed. :sealed: If it's a cold, then I can usually take some medicine or something and continue with my day. Even though I SHOULD be resting up. 

Rest and drink plenty of water

Just now, ExplosionMare said:

I just lie around and play video games. It’s like what I normally do but I’m more limited when I’m sick.

Me too!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really deviate much from my standard routine when I'm sick. I try to drink more fluids and get more sleep, but that's about it.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Basically, when I had the flu last time, I couldn't eat or enjoy anything for 2 weeks. That was a horrible life experience, but I managed to find some darker drama TV shows to keep me from feeling so bad.
And I did some huge research on a game, taking out many hundreds of names, and I still have and use those names today. Doing that kind of boring task to keep my mind from thinking about pain and depression, really helped!

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

If it's a cold? I suck it up and deal with it. I drink a lot of tea though to help my nose clear up.

If I'm throwing up? Stay in bed, rest, and watch movies and don't wat anything but saltines and drink small sips of water. 

• 3 months later...