• Search

Register now to remove this ad.

Is Discord actually Starswirl the Bearded?

• Please log in to reply
  • Go to first unread post
195 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Discord actually Starswirl the Bearded? (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Are Discord and Star Swirl the same person?

1. Yes (18 votes [31.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.03%

2. No (40 votes [68.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Anadu Kune

Anadu Kune

Bunny

• Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Ladies and Gentlecolts, the synopsis of Keep Calm and flutter on has been revealed.

SPOILERS

http://www.equestria...n-synopsis.html

Season 3 Episode 11 
Episode Title: Keep Calm and Flutter On
Air Date: January 19th, 2013
Synopsis: Princess Celestia tasks the ponies with reforming Discord, a mischievous spirit of disharmony, but Fluttershy is the only one who is willing to give him a chance.

...=D

Merry F&#@$%^ Christmas!!! Oh man. 

You know this really does seem to make this rumor seem more possible. I personally am very excited for this.

#42 TailsIsNotAlone

TailsIsNotAlone

Pony

• Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

OMG, that's so awesome...I can totally see this! Fluttershy is the most forgiving of the ponies, plus she was immune to Discord's mischief before he forced her to turn evil, so it wouldn't be a stretch that she might understand him in some way.

Edited by TailsAlone, 25 December 2012 - 06:56 AM.

#43 Genepool

Genepool

Squirrel

• Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

This will be quite interesting, and I can't wait to see this particular episode.  With each pony in successive episodes being pushed to their breaking points, I expect something to happen to our kind, animal loving pony. 

#44 ~Chaotic Discord~

~Chaotic Discord~

~Incubus Pone~

• Subscribers

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

What a Christmas present, indeed. Discord confirmed, and a very interesting looking episode at the looks. I've read numerous fanfics about Fluttershy being the only one of the Mane Six willing to interact with Discord and give him a chance, in a variety of situations, so it would appear the show writers have had the same idea for a while. Can't wait. Seriously.

Swag and chaos return at last. Just like Q on Star Trek before him.

#45 Tyler Blu Gunderson

Tyler Blu Gunderson

Rainicornicopia

• Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

I was quite surprised to hear that too. Although its not 100% accurate at the moment that this is indeed the episodes synopsis but either way I think this will be the the best episode if season 3 yet.

*Imagines Discord transforming Fluttershy into.a dragon *

Oh yeah!

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~, 25 December 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#46 Genepool

Genepool

Squirrel

• Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

What a Christmas present, indeed. Discord confirmed, and a very interesting looking episode at the looks. I've read numerous fanfics about Fluttershy being the only one of the Mane Six willing to interact with Discord and give him a chance, in a variety of situations, so it would appear the show writers have had the same idea for a while. Can't wait. Seriously.

Swag and chaos return at last. Just like Q on Star Trek before him.

One thing I find interesting is how there were loads of fanfics about Trixie's return to Ponyville and then we had Magic Duel.  I think it was M.A. Larson who tweeted that the idea for the Trixie episode was submitted back in 2011.  I'm quite curious of when the script was submitted for this episode.  Starting to think it's the otherway around where we fans have ESP because we are predicting some dang good episodes. 

With ponies being pushed to breaking points, as mentioned above, I really want to see how Fluttershy evolves.  We saw only a tiny bit of this during Putting Your Hoof Down where our pegasus pony learned to assert herself more.  Definitely expecting a moment where Fluttershy just rolls her eyes as Discord starts turning her into different forms. 

*Edit* Only thing that will make me like this episode 100% more than anything is if the animators screw with Bronys by having discord turn into Derpy. 

Edited by Genepool, 25 December 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#47 Harmonic Revelations

Harmonic Revelations

The One True Harmonic

• Subscribers

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

That makes no sense, first of all, let me mention a few reasons for implausibility:

-Stars and swirls are both common symbols, and quite a few other characters have appeared with them

-If I remember the story correctly Discord was sealed away before Star Swirl's time, which would create a continuity error/plot hole

-Almost nopony recognises star swirl the bearded but everyone recognises discord.

I think my second point is what disproves it though.

#48 himanuts

himanuts

Butterfly

• Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

That makes no sense, first of all, let me mention a few reasons for implausibility:

-Stars and swirls are both common symbols, and quite a few other characters have appeared with them

-If I remember the story correctly Discord was sealed away before Star Swirl's time, which would create a continuity error/plot hole

-Almost nopony recognises star swirl the bearded but everyone recognises discord.

No where is it said that Discord was sealed before Starswirl's era. Starswirl was mentor to Clover the Clever, one of Equestria's founders. Discord reigned over Equestria up until Celestia and Luna sealed him away.

#49 Starswirl the Trixie

Starswirl the Trixie

Trixie? Trixie.

• Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

But Starswirl was around long before Celestia/Luna, which means he was from before Discord's banishment.

Stars and swirls are certainly common.  I don't think that the episode on Discord particularly supports the theory.  The "leaked" Starswirl-Discord dialogue suggests an episode of Discord taking over again and forcing Twily to question her beliefs, not the possible "redemption" (in quotes because, honestly, I feel that Discord did nothing wrong) episode.

#50 CrystalRose

CrystalRose

Bunny

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

I can really see this being true if I think about it in context. Of course, if you think about anything in context it can sound plausible.
I do love theories though and this one makes sense. I also enjoy how the original poster in the link provided at the beginning of the thread worded their reasoning.

#51 Genepool

Genepool

Squirrel

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

There's always more to something than meets the eye.  My worst fear is the MLPFIM crew tieing up loose ends to get ready for a series finale with MLPFIM being too troublesome to continue. 

#52 Victor van Dort

Victor van Dort

Squirrel

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

According to Wikipedia, there's an upcoming season 3 episode called: "Keep Calm and Flutter On" in which Celestia tasks the mane six with reforming Discord, but Fluttershy, being the ultimate counter troll, is the only one willing to do it. So it seems we are going more in depth on Discord, at least.

#53 ~Chaotic Discord~

~Chaotic Discord~

~Incubus Pone~

• Subscribers

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

There's always more to something than meets the eye.  My worst fear is the MLPFIM crew tieing up loose ends to get ready for a series finale with MLPFIM being too troublesome to continue. 

A: Season four is pretty much confirmed from documentation sources.

B: Killing this show would lose Hasbro insane amounts of money. Companies go by money, in the end. They have no reason to end a show that's started a fanbase that's turned into a movement.

#54 TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos

TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos

Phoenix

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

You ponies have no idea what I did when I saw that Discord was coming back. I'm pretty sure I jumped up, ran around my room and then silently screamed "YES!!!" but I'm not entirely sure. I also could have just sat there in happy shock imagining myself doing those things as I realized how awesome a Fluttershy and Discord episode could potentially be! I cannot wait for Jan. 19. I just cannot. Ugh. So. Far. AWAY! :'( I don't think that the writers are going to screw this up. They made him awesome the first time, and if they haven't suddenly turned into complete idiots, they can make him amazing the second time too. Stop doubting the writers, my friends! I don't think that they will suddenly tranform him into something he's not. Meaning, I don't think they would change him into a creature of order. He made it quite clear what he thinks of order the last time he got out. Don't worry about it! It will be awesome! Besides, it's Discord. How couldn't it be awesome?! Even if they are trying to 'reform' him. Personally, I hope he becomes neutral so that he can appear in the show more often. Not quite evil, not quite good, just enough chaos! ;)

#55 GoldenShield

GoldenShield

Cupcake

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Just want to throw it in there but in Luna Eclipsed Twilight said that Starswirl was the father of the 'Amniomorphic Spell' which could make alot of sense because the term 'Amniomorphic' could quite easily be a juxtaposition of the word 'Amniote' a word that describes a sub-class of four-limbed animals including Mammals, Birds and Reptiles exclusively, and the word 'Morphic' meaning indicating shape, form, or structure of a specified kind.

Discord being a Draconiquus, a creature made up exclusively of Mammals, Birds and Reptiles of all kinds. So I was thinking, what if Starswirl was conducting an experiment with Amniomorphic spells and one of the spells went wrong and transformed him into a Draconiquus...

#56 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Changeling

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

Definitely really cool, and it fits surprisingly well.
Not to mention I can always have more discord.
Best villain by far for the show.

#57 Aerial~Shot

Aerial~Shot

The type of pony everypony should know ;)

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

I would never have thought of that! Interesting.... very interesting... If this is true, then the season finale's gonna be pretty damn epic. But then again it's probably gonna be damn epic anyway, this is My Little Pony we're talking about.

Wow.

Never thought I'd say that. :lol:

Anyway, I like the little speculated story in that article, I can really see something like that happening. If it ends up to just be nothing more than a rumour, I'd like to see some fanfiction based on it anyway. And if fanfiction doesn't come... I shall write it myself! Heehee, that would be my first fanfiction ever~! ^_^

#58 Tempest Chaser

Tempest Chaser

Parasprite

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

I like this idea, and it kind of makes sense. After all I don't see how Discord could have been a natural creature. I have to say this is actually something I could be semi-excited about.

#59 Blitz

Blitz

Unofficial Ninja

• Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

This. Is. AWESOME. It all makes so much sense! I can't believe I didn't see all of this before! *Nightmare Moon voice* Did you not see the signs?! Also, I think that Discord's voice would make an awesome Starswirl voice if you think about it.

#60 Kahr Kunne

Kahr Kunne

Parasprite

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Now this leads to so much interesting theories... The next level of her studies is twilight training with discord... She could become mad with power... And omniomorphic spell is a body change spell... Which opens up possibilities to Alicorn Twilight as in Twilight changed herself to become an alicorn to have more power (in a way just like Discord (Starswirl)) did.... Then we could have Alicorn Twilight without the show being completely assraped!!!!