• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Party Cannon

Party Cannon

Bunny

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

1, 2, 3, 4

How did you like Applejack's song? Obviously others sang yet I would still call it HER song. I was just talking about this weeks ago and sure enough it happens!

Edited by Party Cannon, 22 December 2012 - 03:53 PM.

Register now to remove this ad.

#2 Feather Gem

Feather Gem

Pony

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

One, two, three, four!

Come on every pony lets raise this barn!

One, two, three, four!

One, two, three, four!

#3 pettenuzzo

pettenuzzo

Cupcake

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

it was a great song, in comments during the stream there were mixed reactions but i really liked it. and it is nice that she gets a song where she is the main singer.

#4 Appleja©k

Appleja©k

Parasprite

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

That song was awesome. AJ is best pony, now she got a song to prove it. Now it might be repetitive, saying 1,2,3.4. but nonetheless, it was awesome.

#5 ~Chaotic Discord~

~Chaotic Discord~

Dat button pone~

• Subscribers

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

This song is going to get endless fun poked at it, and thus endless hate, for:

A: The fact the lyrics were so simple, which many are going to proclaim means they're bad

or

B: It's depicted in a very classic country-esque fashion

Seeing as option B is an irrelevant point for a pony, family and episode steeped in a country theme as it is, I'll say I personally don't mind the song's simple lyrics. It was catchy and served it's purpose. It was fine as AJ's first mostly solo song.

#6 Party Cannon

Party Cannon

Bunny

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Racis Barn.jpg

This is probably the second of many.

Numerous members are calling it that this song's lyrics "Raise this barn" sound like "Racist Barn," with its meme status being inevitable.

Edited by Party Cannon, 22 December 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#7 Emerald Flame

Emerald Flame

The Collector

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

I didn't like the song too much, but I'm glad that Applejack finally got one. She's waited long enough. However, I think that "racist barn" is going to make it one of the more important songs of the season. It's going to be a meme, and I, for one, accept our new racist barn overlords.

#8 Batbrony

Batbrony

Crystal Pony

• Poniverse Public Relations

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Agree with Chaotic on this one, many may complain about the simple lyrics of the song; however, in defense of the simple lyrics, I will say that, in the context that it was a group activity (i.e. Apple family raising the barn) that they were singing along to, the simple, repetitive lyrics made sense, as they were going about completing very repetitive tasks simultaneously and in sync as they raised the barn.  All in all, I loved the song, it was awesome!!!  :D

Edited by Batbrony, 22 December 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#9 Dusty Soul

Dusty Soul

Once a Dusty Soul always a Dusty Soul

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

I liked it though the chorus could'v been more thought out with the whole 1 2 3 4 junk, but all in all it was a good song, that was pretty catchy 

#10 Sks_Burns

Sks_Burns

Bunny

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

its only a matter of time till......1. 2. 3. 4. *long pause* wumwumwumwumwumwum

overall, i wasnt a fan of this song. i love me some country, but this didnt tickle my fancy. ill wait for some remixes and see if it will sway me. 

#11 Keyclipse

Keyclipse

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Applejack's song at the end caught me by surprise. I quite did like it. Not sure if that's because its the latest song or because Applejack already doesn't sing that much but whatever, It worked for me.

#12 Champion RD92

Champion RD92

The Awesome Champ

• Donors

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Not a fan of country music, but the song was pretty catchy.

I'm really glad to see Applejack get her own song.

Now if only Rainbow Dash would get her own song!!

#13 ReGen

ReGen

Not available in your area

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

So nopony else heard Applejack yell "'Git 'er dun!"?  :huh:

That was perhaps the best reference of the whole series.  :lol:

Will somepony start making those T-shirts!?

#14 Mortimer

Mortimer

Bird

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

3 friggin' seasons and you give an extremely simple lyric-wise country song? Come on! For god's sake. Her voice actress is a singer, you could atleast give her a very complex redneck-language-like song. I'm dissapointed.

#15 ~Asuka <3~

~Asuka <3~

Dash is Best Pony

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

I really liked it to be honest.  It was simple, yes, but lovable.  The fiddle on top of Applejack's voice was nothing short of amazing.  Overall, I'm really quite happy.  

#16 Rarietty

Rarietty

Squirrel

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

The song in this episode was my personal favorite song so far in the season. It was just so catchy and made you want to dance. I guess you could complain that the lyrics are too repetitive, but they’re raising a barn/square dancing for crying out loud. If you ever were forced to square dance, you’d know the lyrics have to be simple/have to include counting. What did everyone expect from an Applejack song anyhow?   <_< This song was a perfect fit for her, and the only reason she started singing anyhow was to cheer up her family and get them pumped up to raise the barn. Even if your expectations were far too high for an AJ song, it's not like she can't sing again in the future. 

It's also a song where the visuals and ambiance play a massive factor, which I love. 

Edited by Rarietty, 22 December 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#17 Batbrony

Batbrony

Crystal Pony

• Poniverse Public Relations

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

So nopony else heard Applejack yell "'Git 'er dun!"?  :huh:

That was perhaps the best reference of the whole series.  :lol:

Will somepony start making those T-shirts!?

Oh no, I heard it, that was absolutely amazing!!!  This episode had some really funny references and new canon terms.  We had git 'er dun, fughed about it, gesundhoof, it was all over the place!!!  I agree with you, though, it is surprising that not too many ponies have mentioned it yet; that was a fantastic reference indeed!  ^_^

#18 Stellafera

Stellafera

Changeling

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

This episode had some really funny references and new canon terms.  We had git 'er dun, fughed about it, gesundhoof, it was all over the place!

Actually, gesundhoof kinda annoyed me. It's not just that the real life word has been used in the show before, but that it was used so explicitly before. A certain Rainbow Dash episode is called to mind...

#19 Shizune

Shizune

The Buffawalrus Queen/True Number One Rarity Fan

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Okay, the lyrics were a little repetitive, but they were catchy, and AJ was the ONLY one without a main song.

For those saying RD didn't, she had "Find a Pet", which is way more than AJ ever did.

So my other favourite finally got what I wanted, and I loved it.

I loved all the cute little references and stuff too.

My faith is S3 has been restored.

#20 Galex Dj

Galex Dj

Wub Wub Wub Time!!!

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

I loved it, it was Applejack's first ever main song to her self if you don't include the background singers. Many Applejack fans were very pleased that she got the song she has been waiting for. But for me, I loved the song a lot. It was catchy and had very good rhyme to it. My ranking: 9/10. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Register now to remove this ad.