Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SHE GOT A SONG!

Party Cannon

This song is going to get endless fun poked at it, and thus endless hate, for:

A: The fact the lyrics were so simple, which many are going to proclaim means they're bad

or

B: It's depicted in a very classic country-esque fashion

Seeing as option B is an irrelevant point for a pony, family and episode steeped in a country theme as it is, I'll say I personally don't mind the song's simple lyrics. It was catchy and served it's purpose. It was fine as AJ's first mostly solo song.

• Brohoof 12

post-9526-0-96631100-1356193222_thumb.jpg

This is probably the second of many.

Numerous members are calling it that this song's lyrics "Raise this barn" sound like "Racist Barn," with its meme status being inevitable.

Edited by Party Cannon
  • Brohoof 5

I didn't like the song too much, but I'm glad that Applejack finally got one. She's waited long enough. However, I think that "racist barn" is going to make it one of the more important songs of the season. It's going to be a meme, and I, for one, accept our new racist barn overlords.

• Brohoof 6

Agree with Chaotic on this one, many may complain about the simple lyrics of the song; however, in defense of the simple lyrics, I will say that, in the context that it was a group activity (i.e. Apple family raising the barn) that they were singing along to, the simple, repetitive lyrics made sense, as they were going about completing very repetitive tasks simultaneously and in sync as they raised the barn.  All in all, I loved the song, it was awesome!!!  :D

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 7

its only a matter of time till......1. 2. 3. 4. *long pause* wumwumwumwumwumwum

overall, i wasnt a fan of this song. i love me some country, but this didnt tickle my fancy. ill wait for some remixes and see if it will sway me. 

• Brohoof 1

Applejack's song at the end caught me by surprise. I quite did like it. Not sure if that's because its the latest song or because Applejack already doesn't sing that much but whatever, It worked for me.

So nopony else heard Applejack yell "'Git 'er dun!"?  :huh:

That was perhaps the best reference of the whole series.  :lol:

Will somepony start making those T-shirts!?

• Brohoof 4

3 friggin' seasons and you give an extremely simple lyric-wise country song? Come on! For god's sake. Her voice actress is a singer, you could atleast give her a very complex redneck-language-like song. I'm dissapointed.

• Brohoof 3

The song in this episode was my personal favorite song so far in the season. It was just so catchy and made you want to dance. I guess you could complain that the lyrics are too repetitive, but they’re raising a barn/square dancing for crying out loud. If you ever were forced to square dance, you’d know the lyrics have to be simple/have to include counting. What did everyone expect from an Applejack song anyhow?   <_< This song was a perfect fit for her, and the only reason she started singing anyhow was to cheer up her family and get them pumped up to raise the barn. Even if your expectations were far too high for an AJ song, it's not like she can't sing again in the future. 

It's also a song where the visuals and ambiance play a massive factor, which I love. 

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 2

So nopony else heard Applejack yell "'Git 'er dun!"?  :huh:

That was perhaps the best reference of the whole series.  :lol:

Will somepony start making those T-shirts!?

Oh no, I heard it, that was absolutely amazing!!!  This episode had some really funny references and new canon terms.  We had git 'er dun, fughed about it, gesundhoof, it was all over the place!!!  I agree with you, though, it is surprising that not too many ponies have mentioned it yet; that was a fantastic reference indeed!  ^_^

• Brohoof 2

This episode had some really funny references and new canon terms.  We had git 'er dun, fughed about it, gesundhoof, it was all over the place!

Actually, gesundhoof kinda annoyed me. It's not just that the real life word has been used in the show before, but that it was used so explicitly before. A certain Rainbow Dash episode is called to mind...

• Brohoof 2

Okay, the lyrics were a little repetitive, but they were catchy, and AJ was the ONLY one without a main song.

For those saying RD didn't, she had "Find a Pet", which is way more than AJ ever did.

So my other favourite finally got what I wanted, and I loved it.

I loved all the cute little references and stuff too.

My faith is S3 has been restored.

• Brohoof 1

I loved it, it was Applejack's first ever main song to her self if you don't include the background singers. Many Applejack fans were very pleased that she got the song she has been waiting for. But for me, I loved the song a lot. It was catchy and had very good rhyme to it. My ranking: 9/10. :)

• Brohoof 1

I think the song was pretty good, it took me two watches to actually appreciate it, but I think its pretty good. Its the song we needed for AJ.

The 1,2,3,4 was kinda repetitive, but I think it wasn't that bad honestly. It was really catchy!

So yeah I'm not gonna complain, it took some getting use to, but it kinda grew on me!

Now we need a Rainbow Dash song.

Edited by Zygen

To be honest, I didn't think it was that awesome the first time I heard it in the episode.  I mean, this was me.  "It's nearing the end of the episode, her song has gotta be coming up soon!"  She starts to sing.  "YEESSSS."  I listen and throught the number, my grin is fading a bit.  I liked it, don't get me wrong.  I guess it was so, how should I put this?  Stereotypical?  Expected?  I mean, she's a farmer.  She's country.  We get it.  And what's her song about?  Raising a barn.  I guess I just wanted a nice song about something non-farmer related.  I REALLY wanted a song about her parents.  A nice, somber tune.  What we got instead, was a decent hoe-down (spelling?). 

However, after listening to it over and over and over again, it's growing on me.  Now, I really like it and enjoy it's up-beat rhythm.  So while it took me a little bit and a few replays, it's grown on me.  I can safely say that I really like it now.

• Brohoof 1

I liked the song. It's just unfortunate that some people might not know it actually is called a "Barn Raising" when you get a group together to construct such a building. If you don't know, you might hear the key lyrics wrong. This is the song I think they should have given to Applejack. It's about my favorite fan song. I prefer this cover to the original. It just works so much better with a female voice singing it!

Here's a mediafire link if you want to grab the MP3 version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c2zmne7nogm0exp

I just love Applejacks singing voice, I think I may have a thing for accents haha. I've been listening to it a lot since the live stream. Who cares about how simple the lyrics are. Gangnum style is the most watched song on the internet and i'd say that only about 10%, probably less, of the people actually know what he's singing about. As long as it goes well together with the music no one cares. 

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 1

I honestly didn't even find the song catchy, if even good. As I don't mind simple lyrics, it just didn't flow well at all IMO. Though I am happy to see she got her own song.

Edited by Retro_Derpy