Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you avoid Boredom? (Opinion/Discussion thread)

Fallen Angel

I get me some Kalaxian crystals and do the Rick Dance!

Kidding, of course.  I play video games, go for a walk, or come hang out here.

oooooooohhhhh the Rick Dance, and walking seems to be fun if you find a carboard box saying 'Give 2 Good Home' kind of thing.

oooooooohhhhh the Rick Dance, and walking seems to be fun if you find a carboard box saying 'Give 2 Good Home' kind of thing.

Omg, I was literally picturing My Little Dashie when I said I like to go for walks.  No joke.  I was thinking of referencing it, but thought, nah.  That is really funny.

Boredom? Psh... I don't have time to be bored. I've come to a point where I have less free time, and lots of things I can do. The internet pretty much eliminates boredom all by itself, anyway. lol

However, I have a very short attention span, and when I'm out of the house, I can get bored very easily, because a lot of the things I have to keep me from getting bored are only at home. My phone's internet is limited, as I have data limits, so I don't use it quite as often. In that case, I text somebody and hope they respond. (Working nights does not help me in that case. T_T)

Your spelling and grammar gives grammar nazis like me a headache. Anyways, if I'm absolutely bored of everything around me, then I go to sleep.

• 4 years later...

I eventually learned to get used to be being bored, 'cause I don't have a very exciting life.

That being said, here's a couple things I do.

• Pose and photograph my action figures
  • Watch Youtube videos
  • Browse Netflix for anything that sounds interesting
  • Make lists
  • Make picture checklists
  • Organize files while listening to music or YT videos
  • Post on forums or other websites
  • Do chores
  • Go to the movies

• 2 months later...

I usually browse the internet or something. It doesn't usually help much though. I was pretty board and anxious this afternoon though, so I browsed Deviantart for pony pics and posted them in the forum fan clubs, and it worked actually! ^_^

My first go-to option is to do something creative. If I'm not in the mood I try to learn something new. If my mind isn't feeling very absorbent I watch TV or a movie or read a book. If I'm not up to that I work out for a while and try to get the ol' body working. If I'm too tired for that I plop down on my bed and think; just random thoughts about the what, where and (most importantly) the why about everything. If nothing works it's time to go out and find something new to stimulate the senses.     

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...