Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music About Rap.

TheSeji

Freedom of speech is one thing, but using it for vile purposes like hate spreading is never justified. 

Besides it is not an answer on people reacting harshly on games or movies that also contain hateful messages. 

It's because the era of "music is evil" is over. Now it's just the media scapegoating and using gaming and television as an easy target to blame mass killings.

I like rap :D

Oh yeah I like modern rappers like Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne and Pitbull too, lol.

I also hate when people say that rap is just about drugs and money >_<

Edited by Thunder Harp

I like rap. I like rap a lot. However, I like it a lot when it's DONE RIGHT, and it's pretty safe to say that a majority of popular modern rappers don't do it right. Most of them have generic, bass-y beats overlayed with either obnoxious nasally voices talking about horrible things or normal voices talking about horrible things. Making that kind of music actually requires no talent. However, rap isn't entirely about that. Below I'm going to post a few rappers who do the genre a huge favor. 

(I had to put these guys on again xD)

The use of instruments can be important too.

Cyne is one of those that deserve WAY more attention.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I don’t mind it any more than any other genre. I don’t pigeonhole my interests based on a category; if I like something I listen to it. I may not buy a whole album or follow a particular artist, but if something catches my eye (or ear) I’ll add it to my playlists as quickly as anything else from any style or era. Any art form, done well, has merit, regardless of whether or not it appeals to any particular listener. Everyone has their tastes, but let the music stand on its own legs and speak for itself like any other genre.