Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Holiday Calendar

Colon Leftbracket

This is from the Derpy Day discussion but I felt like it would be an interesting topic for it's own thread! I know there is a thread somewhere for Forum Holidays, but I feel that these are different since they mark certain events of the show and fandom history! Feel free to add to it if you like. If you post a Holiday you feel should be up here I'll make sure to add it!

January

Jan. 7th - Family Appreciation Day ("Family Appreciation Day" premieres)

-Celebrate all things family

Jan. 21st - Derpy Day (Derpy Speaks)

-Can be celebrated by visiting your local post office, saying hi to the mailman/woman, eating loads of muffins!

February

Feb. 11th - Hearts and Hooves Day ("Hearts and Hooves Day" airs)

-Celebrate that Special Somepony! <3

Feb. 18th - Best Young Flyer's Competition (Rainbow Dash Day) ("Sonic Rainboom" airs)

-Celebrate Rainbow Dash

Feb. 18th -Smile Day ("Smile Smile Smile" premieres in the episode "A Friend In Deed")

-Celebrate friendship and Smile all day!

March

March 17th - The Great Dragon Migration ("Dragon Quest" aired)

-Celebrate the lovely creatures called Dragons

March 19th - Winter Wrap Up* (Day before Spring)

-Celebrate the end of winter and the beginning of spring. Celebrate spring cleaning. Most importantly "Winter Wrap Up, Winter Wrap Up! Let's Finish Our Holiday Cheer!"

March 24th - Tornado Day ("Hurricane Fluttershy" airs)

-Celebrate the pegasi collecting the rain water with their Tornadoes, brought to you by Wing Power!

March 26th - Appleloosan War Veterans Day - ("Over a Barrel" aired)

-Celebrate those unfortunate souls who got pies in the face during the War for Appleloosa!

Also, "You Gotta Share, You Gotta Care!"

April

April 7th - National Dessert Competition ("MMMystery on the Friendship Express" airs)

-Celebrate and make your own delicious desserts, or just eat them!

April 21st - Canterlot Royal Wedding ("A Canterlot Wedding Parts 1 and 2" Season 2 Finale aired)

-Celebrate the Royal Marriage of Shining Armor and Princess Cadence!

April 28th - Gummy's Birthday (day before "Party of One" aired)

-Celebrate all things Gummy!

April 29th - Pinkie Pie's 1st Birthday (day "Party of One" aired)

-Celebrate all things Pinkie Pie and wish her a happy birthday! And PARTY!

Also in the episode "A Friend in Deed" Pinkie Pie states her birthday is "75 Days away" which is a reference to the air date of Party of One

May

May 3rd - Felday - Feld0's Birthday

-Celebrate the birthday of the man who made these forums possible!

May 3rd - Pinkie Pie's 2nd Birthday (According to Hasbro)

-There were Tweets and Facebook posts hinting that May 3rd was Pinkie Pie's Birthday, though she already had one just a few days ago? Well... she's Pinkie Pie!

May 6th - Grand Galloping Gala (day "Best Night Ever" Season 1 Finale aired)

-Celebrate the success of the first season of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic! Celebrate all things Gala like the dresses and the song "At the Gala"

June

(None)

July

(None)

August

(None)

September

Sept. 17th - Harmony Day or Discord Day (Season 2 first aired, first appearance of Discord)

-Celebrate the beginning of Season 2. Celebrate all things Discord!

October

Oct. 10th - Brony Day or Friendship Day (Season 1 first aired)

-Celebrate the VERY beginning of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic and the start of the Brony Fandom!

Oct. 22 - Nightmare Night ("Nightmare Night" aired, also not to interfere with Halloween)

-Celebrate Nightmare Night by dressing up, eating candy, and celebrating the Princess who's a lot of fun to fear! Also... (this is going to be abused alot!) SPEAK IN ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!

[Fun Fact: Also user NightMare's birthday!]

November

Nov. 5th - Sisterhooves Social ("Sisterhooves Social" aired)

-Celebrate the magic of sisterhood! Don't have a sister? Lies! You have plenty of sisters in your family here on the forums! This is a day for our fellow Pegasisters! Girls Night Out! (Am I doing it right? I don't get girl lingo.)

Nov. 19th - Great and Powerful Trixie Day (Trixie's first appearance)

-Celebrate the (arguably) Greatest and most Powerful Unicorn in all of Equestria!

Nov. 26th - Mare-Do-Well Day ("Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" airs)

-Celebrate the Mysterious Mare-Do-Well

December

Dec. 3rd - Twilight Sparkle's Birthday ("Sweet and Elite" aired)

-Celebrate all things Twilight Sparkle! Read a book, wear a plain but still elegant dress, and show off your dance moves! Wish Twilight Sparkle a happy birthday!

Dec. 10th - Spike's Birthday ("Secret of My Excess" aired)

-Celebrate your favorite baby dragon Spike! Wish him a happy birthday, but not too much! He'll get greedy and you know what THAT means!

Dec. 17th - Hearth's Warming Eve ("Hearth's Warming Eve" aired, also not to interfere with Christmas)

-Celebrate the founding of Equestria. Show off your Holiday spirit.

Dec. 18th - Hearth's Warming Day (day after "Hearth's Warming Eve" aired)

-Celebrate the Holidays. It's like your Other Christmas!

* = Moved

** = Undecided

***= Based on event/episode yet to happen

* - ("Winter Wrap Up" aired on Dec. 24, however I moved that holiday to both not interfere with Christmas Eve and to be more accurate to most Brony's Winter/Spring)

**(Jan. 28th?) - Running of the Leaves ("Fall Weather Friends" aired although is not in Fall so idk?)

-Go for a walk through the leaves and celebrate the Fall Season!

**(October 10th?) - Summer Sun Celebration ("Friendship is Magic Part 1" premiered, which already has its own holiday, however this celebration needs to happen on the longest day of the year and in summer so I am unsure where to put this for the time being.)

Edited by Colon Leftbracket
  • Brohoof 9

Winter wrap is when spring begins so it makes no sense to put it on December 24.

Eeyup, just look up when the last day of Winter actually is.

(edited)

Winter wrap is when spring begins so it makes no sense to put it on December 24.

Hence why I put it as March 19th since Spring typically starts March 20th-21st

Wait. "Nightmare Night" aired on October 22nd?

I NEED CONFIRMATION.

http://en.wikipedia...._Magic_episodes

http://mlp.wikia.com...i/Luna_Eclipsed

Luna Eclipsed is marked for the 22nd which matches up a week after Lesson Zero! Though there's a gap in between "Luna Eclipsed" and "Sisterhooves" (2 weeks). I suppose it is possible that it aired on the 29th, but I've heard in a Hearth's Warming thread back in December that it was on the 22nd and these wikipages seem to agree so as far as I know they're accurate.

(I became a Brony right before "Sisterhooves" premiered so I am no expert on the subject)

Edited by Colton Manestache

• 1 year later...

I'm reviving this topic because it contains good info and because I have a proposal for all of you. On this list we have a three month gap with no holidays and holidays that make little sense on the Gregorian calendar (the "normal" modern calendar). I propose we post dates that are based on the nature of the holiday rather than air date. For example, Summer Sun Celebration should be June 21-22 (the summer solstice).

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I really like the idea of having the dates of the MLP holidays posted, but there is a small problem, there is already a "Derpy day" and it is on March 1st http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/derpy-day-2013-operation-indiscriminate.html

I'm reviving this topic because it contains good info and because I have a proposal for all of you. On this list we have a three month gap with no holidays and holidays that make little sense on the Gregorian calendar (the "normal" modern calendar). I propose we post dates that are based on the nature of the holiday rather than air date. For example, Summer Sun Celebration should be June 21-22 (the summer solstice).

Seeing as the leaves change colour in September, the 30th might be a good day for Running of the Leaves. I want to bump something into July or August, any ideas?

I also really love both those ideas, especially the first... not much going on during the summer months.

• 2 years later...