Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sonic Vs. the Brony community?

ReGen

In case you don't know yet....

I am a really big fan of Sonic the Hedgehog!

And i'm sure there are other Bronies who are Sonic fans as well.

Hey look, a cool Sonic song!

As a fan of both, i'll comment something like, "Rainbow Dash is 20% jealous of this music!"

WELL DON'T DO THAT IF YOU DON'T WANT 20 SONIC FANS TELLING YOU TO GO KILL YOURSELF.

Seriously, the Sonic community has a lot of anti-bronies!

It especially annoys me when the Brony who makes the comment replies like this:

"shut the fuck up so i like ponies, it's none of your fucking business" or something like that.

It's really odd too, considering that Sonic's about good morals and stuff...

I really think Sonic fans and Bronies should be friends. We both like something that constantly gets whiplash.

What's your take on this? I'm starting to lose faith in the Sonic community, honestly...

• Brohoof 7

The Sonic community is one of the worst. And in all honesty, so is the brony community

While both do tons and tons of fanart its not always so good.

Shipping, bad OC's and taking one of the main characters as their "waifu"

These are just 3 examples of whats bad about both communities.

Example:

Fluttershy is my waifu. She makes my life so much better

- Annoying fan

My OC killed Discord and married Twilight.

-Annoying fan

TwilightxRainbowDash is best shipping!

-Annoying fan

You don't like MLP! You are a hater!

-Typical Brony

• Brohoof 8

I never really have a problem with someone who likes a TV show especially after becoming a brony, theres always going to be goods and bads to each and every group of people, we just have to learn to accept that.

I don't have much experience with sonic fans or anything, I don't really play sonic all that much myself, but I have no quarrels with them either. I don't see why anyone really should to be honest.

There will always be some bad things in all communities, and some good, some good art, some bad, some good fanfics, some bad, some good aspects here, some bad aspects there.

As for all the communities I've been a part of, I think MLP is the best, but thats just me, I mean there is a few bad seeds here and there, but the good outweights the bad for me very well, there as plenty of wonderful people here and we all care for each other.

There is no perfect community though, thats impossible since humans are not perfect, therefore no community of humans can be perfect.

• Brohoof 1

There are good people and jerks in every fandom so don't let it get you down. Yep I am a brony and a Sonic fan as well as a Mario fan one of the reasons why I like Sonic is because the competition from the 90's console wars really pushed Mario to be his best making Sonic bring up his game even further. It was a really great time to be a gamer.

• Brohoof 1

28103624.jpg

i liked sonic for a while, he rivaled mario for a while, but after sonic 2006, he started to decline, all the new sonic games are the same, it feels like a racing game the entire game

we need more like sonic adventure

• Brohoof 2

28103624.jpg

i liked sonic for a while, he rivaled mario for a while, but after sonic 2006, he started to decline, all the new sonic games are the same, it feels like a racing game the entire game

we need more like sonic adventure

I'm not trying to argue with you just thought to say sonic colors was decent and generations was pretty good. SEGA (may) be getting their act together but... yeah not as good as it use to be but maybe soon...

• Brohoof 1

I haven't seen too many Sonic fans that hate on bronies to be honest and even if i did i'd just ignore them just like any other hater of the show. If they fail to see that two communities can work together then they aren't really fans of the community they're representing.

• Brohoof 1

The Sonic community is one of the worst. And in all honesty, so is the brony community

While both do tons and tons of fanart its not always so good.

Shipping, bad OC's and taking one of the main characters as their "waifu"

These are just 3 examples of whats bad about both communities.

Example:

Fluttershy is my waifu. She makes my life so much better

- Annoying fan

My OC killed Discord and married Twilight.

-Annoying fan

TwilightxRainbowDash is best shipping!

-Annoying fan

You don't like MLP! You are a hater!

-Typical Brony

All fandoms have numerous examples of what you have just mentioned every one of them. To call out a community for being the worst is an assertion with no data that could possibly support you because every single bad thing you can say about any fanbase applies to any other fanbase. Your position is very similar to many anti bronies I have seen " The Brony fandom is terrible because (insert bad thing here)". It an argument that doesnt work. All fandoms have a outspoken vociferous minority, the larger the fandom the larger that minority.

I have taken part in many fandoms including the Star Trek, Dr Who, Star Wars, Star Gate, Adventure Time, DC/Marvel, Darkwing Duck ect. My best experience by far has been the Brony fanbase as Im sure many will agree. This forum being a pretty decent example, I have had and have seen numerous disagreements and all resulted in a discussion rather than horrible threats and derogatory insults. In fact the Brony fan base is the only one in which I havent yet been given a threat. If you go to places like 4chan, youtube, and reddit you are going to see some of the more vociferous people(at least in my experience). 

Edited by Anadu Kune
  • Brohoof 4

The Sonic community's worse, and that's a damn fact. Bronies are predictable and understandable, where as Sonic fans are usually insane.

Case in point, Bronies will buy merchandise because they like it where as the Sonic community will buy merchandise and then do nothing but complain about it and why it should never have been sold. The Sonic fandom also does nothing but complain and whine about how the modern games don't have the "blast processing " that the older games had (which by the way any argument stating that the older games are better because the newer games don't play the same is BS where as the Brony community will look for good in episodes.

I'm a huge sonic fan, but seriously screw most of the fanbase.

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 3

Sonic was one of my childhood heroes along with the power rangers. The first Sonic game I really played was Sonic Adventure 2 and my brothers and I still consider it one of the best games we've ever played. It may not be ground-breaking but for young gamers it sets the standard for expectation when it comes to games. The gameplay is fun, the story is well written, the voice actors are doing a bang up job, and it has one of the most kickass soundtracks ever put into a game!

Funny how three out of four of those apply to My Little Pony.  -_- I must say, I too find the amount of resentment between the two fandoms to be surprising as well. From one side I get it a little more. They've grown up with the franchise and most of the Blue Blur's recent titles haven't been well received. (Even though I personally like a majority of them.) It's hard not to defend something that was so formative in your early years. So Sonic fans might get a bit defensive when they feel their "home" is being encroached upon by what is perceived is unpopular and deviant. Of course, this reaction is nothing new to us by now.

Whereas the brony movement is new and came into our lives at a time when we are a little more developed. Thus why the opposite view I can't readily excuse. As adults, we shouldn't antagonize one of the only fandoms that not only share many of our plights, but whose world could reasonably match our own.

When it comes right down to it, Equestria and Mobius aren't that different.

-They both came from humble "kiddie" origins, where the audience was given little exposition on the world in question.

-Both have cosmically magical artifacts which the protagonist wield to save the world from a particularly powerful foe.

-Both have a diverse populace of intelligent animal-like beings with different abilities and cultural nuances of their own.

-The mane heroes themselves are quirky but well rounded characters who function best as a team.

-Both promote similar notions but with different attitudes. Such as "friendship = teamwork" , "forgiveness = redemption" , "don't focus on your future at the expense of living in the present = your destiny is what you make it and you must decide for yourself how you shape it" (SILVER!  :angry: *clears throat*  :unsure: anyway.) You get the picture. Why should we alienate them when we are so similar?

• Brohoof 1

Iv lost fath in sonic fans...

Yet I'm still a HUGE sonic fan... I have almost EVERY sonic game...

Sonic was one good childhood hero! Way past 20% cooler then that fat ass plumber!

and my favorite TV show of all time (setting aside MLP:FiM) sonic underground

msg-7977-0-08309700-1352231492.gif

Edited by villan97
  • Brohoof 3

I don't mind sonic fans but I've ran into plenty that still think the newer sonic games are as good as the old if not better...It's like they're delusionally ignoring an obvious drop in quality to suit their love of sonic.

But besides that they're ok...

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind sonic fans but I've ran into plenty that still think the newer sonic games are as good as the old if not better...It's like they're delusionally ignoring an obvious drop in quality to suit their love of sonic.

But besides that they're ok...

I'd prefer it if they stop making sonic racing games or even oldschool platformers and focus on some sort of modernized co op sonic action rpg instead.

Hello!

The Sonic community is interesting... Not saying it's to good. I used to be quite a fan back then, i loved the mistery that the games had, like Sonic DX, i always found it mysterious, to go around the jungles, go back in time where the temples were actually active. Ofcourse, i'll say the brony community is better for me, but it's normal. A sonic fan will say the opposite...

• Brohoof 1

I think people are just annoyed to see pony material all over things that aren't pony-related, especially a catchphrase that one fan isn't even done saying before another twenty are spouting it. If you're not into something, you really do get sick of seeing it everywhere. It exacerbates the already volatile e-personalities of people.

I might like Sonic a little bit.

Really, it's odd that there are so many anti-bronies in the Sonic fandom, especially considering the parallels of the Sonic and MLP fandoms. They both have a lot of rule 34 of the characters. They both have a lot of really, really bad artists that think they're good. They're both full of boring, uninspired OCs, usually made by children. Why can't we all just get along?

• Brohoof 1

I'm both as well, i'm not that big of a Sonic fan i used to be, but i still enjoy the blue hedgehog games a lot.

But i remember when i drew a LOT of Sonic art during high school.
During that time, dA flooded with fan-characters. And the fan-art that were just mind blowing (Just like MLP is now). But i kept noticing several artists,that i liked there, suddenly writing journals on how bad the sonic community is and how retarded people act. And i couldn't help but agree to some points.
Though, the same goes for the brony community. People in this community are incredible, but a minority of people just takes it down by annoying others on Youtube, DeviantART etc.

Oh well, I like them both, like i said!
Also, Sonic and Rainbow Dash are pretty awesome together.

post-8398-0-80977500-1358195997_thumb.png

Source: http://archiecomicssonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/File:5624_-_crossover_rainbow_dash_Sonic_the_Hedgehog.JPG

Edited by Nac0n
  • Brohoof 2

I love the Sonic the Hedgehog video-game series. I played nearly each one, and I have the Adventure games and Generations currently for Xbox 360.

However, all the fanbase ever does is complain, it seems like. I haven't seen many who hate on bronies, but rather on their own fandom's merchandise, whether it be games, plushies, comics, etc.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I'm kinda a fan, but haven't played the new ones, and likely never will (can't afford it, nor do I care about current gen systems anyway) I'm happy to finally being in possession of a Sonic 2 cart for the Genesis though. Actually, outside the Genesis I've only played Heroes and Sonic R, and the 3D stuff...is just not for me. At least not with a speedy franchise like this.

And its community, oh my God...

They always complain about the stupidest things possible, like charaters' eye color...Really?

You're going to base your opinion on an ENTIRE GAME on something trivial like that? You should see a doctor man...

They complain about everything, and that probably includes bronies as well. It's not coming to me as a surprise honestly, but I haven't seen too much MLP and Sonic crossover stuff that they are so upset about, and most of it is pretty cool anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really mind the sonic fandom although they do get on my nerves sometimes.

They're an ok fandom in my opinion. Nothing wrong with them.