Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long does it take you to fall asleep?

Miss Light Diamond

I pretty much fall asleep just about instantly. Once I close my eyes, give me 0-2 minutes and I'm gone. Completely dormant. I didn't know so many people have trouble going to sleep, I just hug my derpy plush and I'm asleep...

In my case, every time before i go to sleep, i take my Ipod and watch some of the favorite videos i have downloaded for it, I take about 30-1 hour to get enough of that, and when i get to sleep, i do it almost instantly.

I really can't sleep without watching something in bed ;-; 

Anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour for me on most nights, but about once a month I have these nights where I absolutely cannot sleep for no reason at all.

I just lay there with my eyes closed, occasionally trying to force myself into a dream by imagining the tactile sensation of walking, but mostly just having my mind wander like it does every night, without the sleep that comes with it.  On these nights, I'll usually get a couple 20-or-so minute sessions of sleep until it finally gets deep around 5:00 AM.  If it's a school night, I have to resign to a complete lack of concentration and energy throughout the day.

It really depends on how tired I am, but I'll have to know that most of the time I am watching MLP on my ipod or just my subscriptions on youtube or something, I can't really fall asleep without watching something, it use to be I had to have a TV on. Not sure why, anyways now that has migrated to watching my Ipod, and I don't really fall asleep until I pass out with my Ipod in the middle of watching something.

That can take any amount of time honestly. It all depends on how late it is and stuff. It could be anything from an hour to a half an hour.

Normally atleast 30 minutesish before I fall asleep though, on a normal night.

• Brohoof 1

I taught myself how to fall asleep whenever I want while I was in high school... I was very unhappy and I liked to sleep through classes instead of actually experiencing them. I don't know if that's a thing most people can train themselves to do, or if I was just lucky enough to be able to do it easily, but it's come in handy since then. I can sleep on any surface, at any angle (as long as I'm not in a ton of pain)... so falling asleep on an actual bed takes minutes.

• Brohoof 1

It varies alot for me...

Some nights I can fall asleep with no problem. But other nights I can hardly relax myself to rest. Usually it takes me around 30 minutes to sleep. I think that is pretty fast considering. Other times ill toss and turn witho getting any rem sleep :/

On any given day when I'm actually all serene and listening to some music, than no more than 30 minutes. Of course, there are those times when it can take me hours if my body is all stressed and crap.

I am on a terrible sleep cycle (trying to break it) where I can be restless for an hour to last nights where I closed my eyes laying down and fell asleep. :P 

I guess you can say I'm like Chuck Norris. I don't sleep...I wait. xD

But in all seriousness I sleep pretty much 10 after my head hits the pillow. IT's lights out and I hate when I'm woken up before I want to. I get so mad xD

Way too long. I've had trouble sleeping for as long as I can remember. Melatonin helps every once and a while, though.

However, I actually made a playlist of brony songs that, when played, I fall asleep during it. They're not all relaxing or something, just that I fall asleep when listening to it.

Now, if you excuse me, I need to wake up at 6:30 am tomorrow and I get less than 5 hours of sleep. GN forums

Sleep is for the weak-willed. I'm never in a vulnerable state -- what most people would call "falling asleep", I call "activating my subconscious".

Seriously, I could even rob a bank in my slee- uh, I could rob a bank with my subconscious activated. Yeah.

I never sleep.

Similar to many others, it depends on the situation.  On average, it takes about 30-45 minutes.  If I'm beat tired, 5 minutes.  If I'm wide awake, well, I go into this state where I know I'm awake, but I feel asleep.  Almost like a deep mediation state.  I might do that for 2-3 hours and be wide awake for the rest of the night.  

One thing that really keeps me up is actually physical.  Sometimes, I can't relax my face muscles and keep my eyes closed.  I'm squinting just to keep them closed.  Then I get a headache and bleeegggh.

It doesn't help if I have some riff of a song (not even the whole thing!) just stuck on loop.  It drives me insane.

With ADHD, my brain has thousands of thoughts. I normally stay on my phone, except on the weekdays. I go to bed at 2 AM, but it takes minutes for me to fall asleep. It normally takes me about 30 minutes or more. I used to leave my door open, but now I close it. My mom and my sister go to bed at 11 PM every night cause they are on instagram. I really don't like that I can't fall asleep quicker. I want to, but so many things within this fandom distract me, along with my twitter, instagram, youtube, facebook, and fim fiction accounts.

1/2 - 3 hours, unless I'm in school, and then I fall asleep in only a couple of minutes :I

I find it a bit funny though, my handwriting turns from my already horrible writing into random scribbles x)

I've got ADHD as well. I guess that could contribute to why it can take a bit for me to fall asleep. My mind is always going, even when I'm trying to go to sleep. I guess 20-30 minutes or more, but I really don't know. I just lay there with my eyes closed, thoughts racing through my mind. Then suddenly dreams, and I'm awake. If I'm really tired, I can go to sleep almost right away or within a few minutes.

On a good day? 3 hours. Otherwise I tend to not fall asleep at all.

And I hate so much how my parents, my uncles and aunts, my teacher are always saying that "I should sleep earlier". I TRY, I TRY!!! But it can't be helped that I have insomnia, and a very energetic mind. I can't stop thinking, and I can't think right unless I'm walking back and forth.

I know that last part is weird. But I can't change myself like that damnit! DX

EDIT: Something I left out I just realized I shouldn't have: In days I don't fall asleep, I can pretty much sleep whenever I want the next day. It's just falling into bed, and then BAM! I'm unconscious.

Edited by SOHCAHTOA

Hello!

It really depends on how active i was that day... Sometimes i will fall asleep in just 5-10 Minutes. On some occasions, i'll have to spend 2-3 horrifying hours...

I've been taking medicine for sleeping for a while now so it takes... 15 mins for me to fall asleep! For 4 years, it took 2-3 hours for me to fall asleep which had extreme effects on my concentration in school. I was diagnosed with insomnia when I was 10 due to depression :(