Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's show Hasbro that we care! C'mon!

Motion Spark

I've been reading everyone's status updates, and I see that you all feel insulted by Hasbro's choice  trying to stop Fighting is Magic development.

This hurts me even more because I'm a HUGE fan of fighting games, especially of the marvel vs capcom style.

Dissing Hasbro will not take us anywhere, MLP is their property and they can do anything they want to it. But instead of doing this we can use our heads and think and show Hasbro how much we cared about this game, we have to make the see that our fandom and MLP is important to us.

Instead of insulting them, why not we start a petition with out signatures and emails, I don't know let's get creative, I was thinking of creating a petition online or perhaps a google document that we can share all over the world.

Why don't we start a brainstorming? we need ideas! let's work on this! we can't let this game die, it really shows how passionate we are as a community!

I propose we test our ideas here and if it is succesful enough we can extend it to EQD to get the help of more bronies out there.

If you have something to share or say, this is the thread! let's work ladies and gentlemen!

Edited by Sparkity
  • Brohoof 40

A petition...eh? Now that is an excellent idea.

I can handle that. I'll start making one right away, we need to put Hasbro in it's place for once. Show them the rules of trademarking, because apparently they forgot or are just jerks.

• Brohoof 4

I think that's a good idea...

But I don't think it will work...

Hasbro has made bad mistakes many times... And if they keep being way too picky about there property... Then Hasbro will be the death of bronydom... It's almost like they don't care about the fans that make awesome stuff like this.

• Brohoof 1

I know I started this, but I can't write the document (or the body of the letter), my skills in english are quite limited and we need to write a letter as formal as possible to show them that we are serious, I was hoping for a google document, I don't know if you guys are up for it.

also if you have any news about this game, or if there an existence of other petition, please post it in here.

Aye, someone should get a petition up and runnin'. I'd be willing to sign it.

And yes, Hasbro has let SOO many other stuff go, now all of a sudden they lay down the law? What's next, removing all MLP episodes from youtube? Not that great of a buisness desicion if you ask me.

• Brohoof 1

There is a website that allows you to make free petitions. I'm starting on making one right now, i'll show you guys what I made once i'm done with it. 

Here's the website: http://www.change.org/start-a-petition

that's great tell us when you have all of this set, up. For some reason I feel like we also start another one in a google document, just in case.

• Brohoof 2

There is a website that allows you to make free petitions. I'm starting on making one right now, i'll show you guys what I made once i'm done with it. 

Here's the website: http://www.change.org/start-a-petition

I was trying to remember what that petition site was called because I remember using it when the whole derpy escapade came up :/ Glad you remember!

• Brohoof 1

What the hell....why is Hasbro trying to stop it anyways, what is wrong with it?

They've let so many other fan made things go by, why stop Fighting Is Magic?

That seems just really stupid

I think it's because of the violence the game that they don't like.

You know, it ruins the theme of the show.

But I hope It won't be too good of a reason for them to take down the game. I've been looking forward to it for months now.

• Brohoof 1

But I hope It won't be too good of a reason for them to take down the game. I've been looking forward to it for months now.

So...are they now gonna crack down on all of the Grimdark pics out there

And the violent, blood filled fanfics next? Still I do see this as a bad reason to take legal action against the game

• Brohoof 2

I try to love and tolerate em'.. I really do. But it's really hard to forgive them after some of the things they have done.. Copyrighting things like Friendship is Witchcraft, Rainbow Dash Presents.. It's gotten me pretty angry at times. But at the end of the day, Hasbro is just a company. And companies make money. And if they shut down, so does the rest of the MLP : FIM Line. But I'll support that petition.

• Brohoof 4

That doesn't make sense.

Fighting ruins the theme of the show, yes.

Well, so does sex as in r34 which is still using their IP, but you don't see them trying to stop those particular artists. I mean, that may be a totally different scenario and I don't know jack about law, but yeah.

• Brohoof 3

Well its better to get a petition and get every brony to sign it.  But, I guess Hasbro did not want the game to at least be developed first.

if that happens at least we could say that we tried. 

---

I need a fantastic writer who can set up a letter showing why we want this game. 

This game is just not merely a game, it's also a reminder of how passionate this community is and how creative we are being able to create fantastic things. This game was so professionaly made that it looks like it belonged an arcade machine or a vidogame console, it was just that detailed and well made.

I need to put words like these in a letter, a very well made letter that can show hasbro that we really want this.

• Brohoof 4

if that happens at least we could say that we tried. 

---

I need a fantastic writer who can set up a letter showing why we want this game. 

This game is just not merely a game, it's also a reminder of how passionate this community is and how creative we are being able to create fantastic things. This game was so professionaly made that it looks like it belonged an arcade machine or a vidogame console, it was just that detailed and well made.

I need to put words like these in a letter, a very well made letter that can show hasbro that we really want this.

I say we all right a "manifesto"-esque style sequence on why we want this! I say that all the people willing to write should add valid points here and we could then stitch it all together.

I'll start right away, I hope others follow and get this to be lengthy and well derived work!

• Brohoof 5

What. The. Fuck. Hasbro's trying to stop Fighting is Magic!? Why this, there's so much other fan-made stuff and this is what Hasbro goes after!? You guys have my signature, hands down!

• Brohoof 3

I wasn't even aware of this going on at all but I'm rarely up to date about all the fandom stuff. When people starting going on about the Brony doc I was confused as hell until I saw a youtube clip of it.

As a brony and a fellow fighting game fanatic I agree with Sparkity.

A petition might do some good but if the groups come up with anything else they think will have some effect on turning their actions I'll be happy to show some support and lend whatever skills I got to helping out. Fighting is magic a well made game so far and its got so much damn effort into it and thinking juice that it would be a loss not only to brony but fighting gamers too. It also would serve a great example of what some guys can do in the fighting genre instead of just the corporation and I think that the kind of example and inspiration the fighters could use.

• Brohoof 3

Make a decision, Hasbro. You either support bronies or you don't. Nitpicking about stuff like this is not going to endear you to a fan base.

Is there a petition somewhere?

We have one being formed now, and we are in-due-process of creating a message to Hasbro on why this game should be continued by the fans.

• Brohoof 3

I say we all right a "manifesto"-esque style sequence on why we want this! I say that all the people willing to write should add valid points here and we could then stitch it all together.

I'll start right away, I hope others follow and get this to be lengthy and well derived work!

That's a pretty good idea!

What if we wrote it with a quil and ink and sent it to them by mail? BE SO AWESOME!

But seriously, good Idea, I wish to see what you can come up with.

• Brohoof 4