Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The fandom and its downfall.

moduz94

it's more neigh than we think?

http://theultamate.blogspot.it/2012/09/a-bronys-letter-to-other-bronies-why-i.html

Now I know this isn't exactly and totally true....but....well most of it.

Really today they called me a "whiny bitch that should leave the fandom and nobody would care"  on EQUESTRIA DAILY because I stated my opinion about the mane6 shutdown and the twilicorn new toyline

what the hell?? 4chan is way less agressive than that thing XD

so what are your thoughts? 

:edited the useless things out:

Edited by moduz94

I really think people need to calm down. This episode hasn't even aired yet, and people treat it like the plague. Watch it, then have an opinion. Isn't that what we tell haters? Maybe we need to start following our own advice. Also, the fandom won't end. I'll still be here, forever... 

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 19

They said it would end after season one.  Nope.

They said it would implode with the introduction of Cadence to justify a pink alicorn toy.  Nope.

We'll make it through, simple as that.

• Brohoof 23

The fandom will only fall if we let it. Negativity begets negativity. If we want to stay strong we need to get back to our roots.

I know this is going to seem like a mad shameless plug, but I wrote up this blog a while ago, and I think it's more important than ever that people read it.

http://mlpforums.com/blog/407/entry-2831-the-brony-communitys-future/

• Brohoof 6

1)The person who wrote that is being just as obnoxious as the people they're complaining about.

2)I've never seen a fanfic get "sold" with the exception of FO:E, which was okay'd by both IP holders 

3)Fighting is Magic may have not been Hasbro's choice, they could've been strong-armed into it by the companies that hold rights to make MLP games. 

4)Everyone needs to stop complaining about Princess Twilight, the writers confirmed that's been planned for a long time, and it's been hinted since the beginning. 

5)Again, the Youtube take-downs came from Youtube's content ID system, not Hasbro. 

6)Every fandom has dicks, Sonic, Highlander, Trekkies, Star Wars, Gamers, Furries, Bronies, Pokefans, not a one is perfect.

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 15

They said it would end in between season 1 and 2.

Nope. 

Season 2 and 3?

Nope.

Hasbro being overlords?

Eenope.

Everyone being paranoid because they think the fandom is going to end because of random reasons?

You so silly.

Really. Shut up with your paranoia. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm tired of it. You know, the loudest bronies, the ones complaining and such, make up such a small part of the fandom. It's cute how some bronies, who are a bit more new think they make up most. They really should get out more. 

As a fandom grows as we move on, obviously. As the fandom grows, you get people who like it because others like it. And man. Those seem to be the worst kind of people. I've been in this fandom for quite a while. And it was so much quieter before. Coincidence? And actually, I think it's the people complaining about how bad the fandom is that get it worse.

Ignoring the rambling, everything in this post I find quite ignorant. :)

EDIT: You know your doing something wrong when first 6 posts disagreeing with you all get popular.

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 13

The fandom is ending? Thats cool. Im stayin right here. 

Rumors are rumors, and this sort of thing has been floating around since the dawn of bronykind.

My thoughts in a nutshell:

AND EVEN MORE RELEVANT!

PS: I love Saberspark

Edited by WingedRatchet
  • Brohoof 12

Hist points kinda lost me.  While there are those people out there, I haven't actually even chatted with any of "those" bronies.  Yes, some make EVERYTHING about ponies, and lot's  are hypocrites.  But I truly haven't experienced anything quite like he had listed there.  I feel bad for those that have had to deal with that, but I for one, haven't.

I don't think the end is near.  But I'm sure there will be a large portion breaking away at some point.  

Now, let's put this all aside. The fandom will continue to grow, as long we stay strong and not let it collapse down to the ground. We all overreact at times, but since the Twilight Alicorn episode did not release yet people are using pitchforks and torches at Hasbro's door. Pretty much, the fandom is not going anywhere. We buy the merchandise, watch the episodes, we make the music, fan art, fanfictions, and everything in our creative minds to let out works of art. So everybody, calm down it is not the end of the world.

• Brohoof 3

That blog the OP posted is right about one part, the love and tolerate thing, despite being the communities motto, isn't followed for the most part.

I too have seen people spewing hate on EQD and I just ignore it. I'm a late comer because I started watching shortly before season 2 finished and wasn't involved in the fandom until about 5 months ago.

The downfall of the community will be when people stop watching in truth. It'll reduce in size overtime that is guaranteed. But I think the hard core will stay until the end and probably past that. They'll have to turn the show into a huge pile before I stop enjoying it I think.

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 1

That blog the OP posted is right about be thing, the love and tolerate thing, despite being the communities motto, isn't followed for the most part.

I too have seen people spewing hate on EQD and I just ignore it. I'm a late comer because I started watching shortly before season 2 finished and wasn't involved in the fandom until about 5 month ago.

The downfall of the community will be when people stop watching in truth. It'll reduce in size overtime that is guaranteed. But I think the hard core will stay until the end and probably past that. They'll have to turn the show into a huge pile before I stop enjoying it I think.

I personally predict we'll end-up something long staying like Trekkies, or Whoovians. It's not every fandom that digs in this deep and spreads this far.  

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 3

'All great nations come to an end'

In other words, all fandoms will at some point collapse.

Addressing that post you linked, I can see where he is coming from, side note Canibal Colt is a great idea, think I'm gonna try write a pony themed song to a Canibal corpse song, I do see bronies who preach love and tolerance then snap when it comes to haters and other bronies acting outside of the bounds of what they deem as correct ways to act as a brony, lemme give you 10bits worth of free advise, you don't 'act' like a brony, you are one, you still act like you but your perspective may have changed.

Love and tolerance - I love and tolerate, before I became a brony I hated just about everything and everyone, if you we're different from me I didn't like you, plain and simple, watching the show changed me, it made me understand how other people could like thinks I deemed as abnormal as the outside world would now deem my viewing as abnormal, I began to love and tolerate.

Back to how I started this post, every fandom collapses in on itself, they never get completely destroyed though, I don't see the show a being something to collapse the fandom, I believe it will be our growth that is our downfall, as more people join the herd we are slowly introducing more members who will act out in ways that most of us dislike, such as starting arguments with people just because they don't like somepony, our downfall will be us.

Whoa guys...

CalmDown1.gif

All it takes is one guy, one guy to make an off comment to set this debate alight. No, the fandom is not dying, just humanity in general. We all knew that with such a large following would come its fair share of idiots and I think we can handle it.

• Brohoof 6

I personally predict we'll end-up something long staying like Trekkies, or Whoovians. It's not every fandom that digs in this deep and spreads this far.  

You sir are correct. The fact that we seem to have grown into those fandoms too kind of concretes us in.

Also the fact that from the interviews we've read so far it seems the show has had a profound effect on a lot of people, not many can claim that.

• Brohoof 2

You sir are correct. The fact that we seem to have grown into those fandoms too kind of concretes us in.

Also the fact that from the interviews we've read so far it seems the show has had a profound effect on a lot of people, not many can claim that.

Not to mention it's been years since something like a  fandom of a new movie, or new TV show has had annual conventions dedicated solely to it. Not even Highlander can claim anything other then small meet-ups, or panels at Sci-Fi cons. 

• Brohoof 3

If Star Wars fans, Trekkies, Whoovians, and Tolkeins can last for decades and still go strong, so can we. We just need to put our minds to it.

But none are as strong as the one were, I don't mean the fandom will cease to exist, I said this in my closing area graph:

Back to how I started this post, every fandom collapses in on itself, they never get completely destroyed though, I don't see the show a being something to collapse the fandom, I believe it will be our growth that is our downfall, as more people join the herd we are slowly introducing more members who will act out in ways that most of us dislike, such as starting arguments with people just because they don't like somepony, our downfall will be us

If Star Wars fans, Trekkies, Whoovians, and Tolkeins can last for decades and still go strong, so can we. We just need to put our minds to it.

For the love of God, yes. If Star War fans haven't nuke themselves to oblivion by now, I think we're safe. It only takes the smallest stray fart to set off a flamewar in that one. 

Not to mention it's been years since something like a  fandom of a new movie, or new TV show has had annual conventions dedicated solely to it. Not even Highlander can claim anything other then small meet-ups, or panels at Sci-Fi cons. 

Exactly.

I also would like to point out that really, we popped into existance very VERY quickly.

For instance, Whovians weren't really a major fandom force (to my knowledge) until Moffat rebooted the show.

Of course their were Whovians before that, but they didn't have an impact on popular culture like they do now.

Also, we bronies had stuff like the internet and YouTube to help us boost our numbers. and most importantly, Hasbro was kind enough to let the episodes stay up for as long as they did.

Look at Disney, you can't so much as post a clip without getting blocked.

So I think that this fandom will endure and possibly become a part popular culture like Doctor Who and Star Trek.

• Brohoof 3

But none are as strong as the one were, I don't mean the fandom will cease to exist, I said this in my closing area graph:

Back to how I started this post, every fandom collapses in on itself, they never get completely destroyed though, I don't see the show a being something to collapse the fandom, I believe it will be our growth that is our downfall, as more people join the herd we are slowly introducing more members who will act out in ways that most of us dislike, such as starting arguments with people just because they don't like somepony, our downfall will be us

But to still stay really strong after so many decades is quite a feat. Like I said in another thread, all fandoms have an initial "rush" period before steadying out into something long term. Some old members leave, new members come, either for the better or worse. In the end I think the fandom will settle back into something like it was in late-2011 to early-2012. Big (face it, we will always be big), but still true to the values it was incepted with.

Our fandom is still finding it's footing in the world. This is a very critical time, and too much negativity can be very damaging, which is why I say we need to stay positive, return to our roots, and capture a little bit of the energy that embodied the fandom in it's early days.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 3

Thanks guys, it's always good to write here,always.

Maybe I'm too beign too much paranoid because my mom died 1 week ago and I can't really find something nice to think about...and then all this shitstorm happened about the show and Hasbro it made me go almost insane or something.

Truth is that the show itself made me a more caring and loving person and I just can't stand how some people call themselves bronies and then act the exact opposite of that, even on EQD, that surprised me more than everything.

Edited by moduz94
  • Brohoof 1

Celestia's beard, what a rant!  He had a few good points but was overreacting to an extreme.

1) Hatred of cloppers is a problem in the fandom, but I find that many of the older Bronies are more tolerant in that regard.  (The picture he posted is actually rather tame, from what I know about clop.)

2) Yes, invasions are a problem.  However, we can hardly criticize Bronies for having pony avatars or making a couple pony threads on non-pony forums.  Serious, /b/-esque invasions are not common.

3) He's right about victimization.  There was once a time when Bronies could easily consider themselves victims.  But unless you live in a very socially conservative part of the country, that time has passed.

4) I don't know much about other fandoms.  However, I do believe that ours has exceeded the others in influence and scope.

5) His point on music sounded more like a criticism of dubstep and remixes than an actual attack on Brony music.  By the way, Acoustic Brony, for the most part, does not make acoustic music.  Ironically, Acoustic Brony is the closest thing to the "pony British heavy metal" band that the author wants.

5) Oh, the "stop talking about Derpy" stuff.  I agree that we should try to move on from Derpygate, but the author seems to be calling for a much greater sort of forgetting.

6) A good point about "Fighting is Magic"

7) And the rest of it was the guy being as self-righteous as the people he criticizes, condemning jokes that he doesn't like.

So, in other words: This was a guy's ranting blog post.  It should not be considered a guide to the community's problems and is not worthy of any attention.  Moving on...

• Brohoof 1

Thanks guys, it's always good to write here,always.

Maybe I'm too beign too much paranoid because my mom died 1 week ago and I can't really find something nice to think about...and then all this shitstorm happened about the show and Hasbro it made me go almost insane or something.

Truth is that the show itself made me a more caring and loving person and I just can't stand how some people call themselves bronies and then act the exact opposite of that, even on EQD, that surprised me more than everything.

You have my condolences and prayers. I've already lost both grandparents, a sister, and I'm on the brink of loosing my Dad, so I know what loosing someone close is like. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2