Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are the positive qualities of Rainbow Dash?

Princess Twilight

By 'mean' I mean like rebellious not as in she kills everypony that would be very mean 3: I sorta mean like she only really cares about herself but sometimes she  does nice things and learns that its not all about her

She thinks she's top of the world... I think that too sometimes...*coughs*¨okay a lot of the time :P
I find her one of the more dynamic characters in the show, yes, she can be "a bitch" from time to time but come one, who isn't. She obviously has reason to, no?

As each of the ponies have their own flaws so does rainbow dash. Everyone likes different ponies for different reasons. I like rainbow dash because she is plain awesome and that is hard to argue with. She may be a bit too boastful at times. But in the end she is always loyal and never breaks a promise to her friends. Plus she's got guts and that I like to, she keeps going no matter what. *Respectable trait you got to admit*

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I'll just step in here and inform you all that I hate Rainbow Dash with a burning passion. I look at her, and I see nothing but that asshole jock that kicked the crap out of you in High School or worse, that very same jock who just doesn't know how to shut up. Always bragging abot their accomplishments and making themselves the center of attention every day.

Edited by DashForever

@Mzukiller:

I'd hazard a guess that you haven't actually watched much of the show, if you believe that Dash is still as arrogant and self-centered as she was in the first season.  She might not be my #1 favorite, but she's risen in my list BECAUSE she's grown a lot in that time.

Edited by DashForever
Replying to Hidden Content
  • Brohoof 2

Because I can relate to her the most and just think she is really awesome.

I like her looks, her mane, her voice, and her personality. No, she is not a bitch. She may be selfish on the outside but she can always open up to her friends when they need her.

Rainbow Dash always wants to show off and act tough for the reasons that she wants to get noticed and she wants the wonderbolts to see her. It's her dream to be famous and become one of the wonderbolts, so she wants people to notice her and the wonderbolts to see her and take her in. It's the main reason as to why some people think she's ''selfish''.

• Brohoof 2

She's the stereotypical tomboy in every show that people like the most. Really, it happens with every show, the difference is that Rainbow Dash while she may brag, and boast, which she admitted herself, mind you, she's a character who plays a major role, really, she's the icon of the brony community, as much as i hate to admit it, since after all pink pony is best pony, but Rainbow Dash is the only reason we have such a big fandom.

I'll just step in here and inform you all that I hate Rainbow Dash with a burning passion. I look at her, and I see nothing but that asshole jock that kicked the crap out of you in High School or worse, that very same jock who just doesn't know how to shut up. Always bragging abot their accomplishments and making themselves the center of attention every day.

Someone seems to be getting a little bit angry. People have different opinions, and you look like you have never seen a single episode where the main focus is on Rainbow Dash. She may be a show off on the outside but she always cares about her friends and can open up to them when she needs to. Why does this fandom get in such heated arguements of ''who is best pony''?

She's the stereotypical tomboy in every show that people like the most. Really, it happens with every show, the difference is that Rainbow Dash while she may brag, and boast, which she admitted herself, mind you, she's a character who plays a major role, really, she's the icon of the brony community, as much as i hate to admit it, since after all pink pony is best pony, but Rainbow Dash is the only reason we have such a big fandom.

Or maybe people just like her because they like her personality?

Edited by DashForever
Replying to Hidden Content
  • Brohoof 1

Someone seems to be getting a little bit angry. People have different opinions, and you look like you have never seen a single episode where the main focus is on Rainbow Dash. She may be a show off on the outside but she always cares about her friends and can open up to them when she needs to. Why does this fandom get in such heated arguements of ''who is best pony''?

Or maybe people just like her because they like her personality?

I did say that. What else did i say for being a reason they like her? I must have said something i completely forgot about, 20 seconds after i posted it.

Rainbow dash is one of my favourite characters for the following reasons:

1.She has awesome hair

2.She is afraid of nothing

3.She's loyal

4.She's fun

and she just has that kick ass attitude that is needed to get things done.

Edited by MagicMushroom

I did say that. What else did i say for being a reason they like her? I must have said something i completely forgot about, 20 seconds after i posted it.

Mind you I was replying to 2 people at once. Also I was replying to the fact that you said the only reason people like her is because she is seen as ''cool'' and tough. Most people like me like her for her unique personality that most bronies don't always understand. The fact that she is only trying to act tough and be seen by people because it's her dream to be noticed and become one of the wonderbolts. The real personality of her, the pony that will get scared under very high pressures (S1E16) but will be brave and go out of her way to help her friends when they are in need.

• Brohoof 1

Mind you I was replying to 2 people at once. Also I was replying to the fact that you said the only reason people like her is because she is seen as ''cool'' and tough. Most people like me like her for her unique personality that most bronies don't always understand. The fact that she is only trying to act tough and be seen by people because it's her dream to be noticed and become one of the wonderbolts. The real personality of her, the pony that will get scared under very high pressures (S1E16) but will be brave and go out of her way to help her friends when they are in need.

I didn't even read the top part of the post to whomever you were responding to.

and that IS her personality, and I'm not saying is a bad thing, really now, are you just gonna assume that i hate her because i said she brags and boasts, even though she's admitted herself for doing that.

Also, unique? Any show has that character, again, not a bad thing, but be truthful, i love pinkie to death, and i still see the flaws that make her similar, and differ from other characters, and gain hate from certain folks, not a bad thing, just the truth.

A lot of people like her for her arrogance, competitiveness, etc. TBH RD is one of my favorite characters next to Fluttershy and Vinyl Scratch. I would've made Rainbow Scratch my name but someone took it :( Anyways, she's like that character who's either loved or hated. Not a lot of people on the "in-between" side

Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony. I mean I can understand that some people hate her because of her jock like attitude. But, she almost always learns something. "Mysterious Mare do Well" was to Dash like "Spike at Your Service " was too Spike. Neither one of them really showed the others best strengths.  Rainbow can be seen as a bully sometimes, but can also be very sweet.

1. Would a bully actually go with Fluttershy to that Butterfly Migration thing, that was brought up in "Dragon quest"? What about taking a little kid under his wing? What about possibly giving up his/her life long dream for a friend? Rainbow Dash has a lot of redeeming qualities, she isn't just some show off who only cares about herself. She cares about her friends too. She's just not as good at showing it. But, in most of the episodes you could tell that the love of her friends is there.  Sometimes she just doesn't say it.

Name me one season and I could think of 4 or five reasons how she stood up for her friends/cares about her friends.

• Brohoof 1

I like her as a character because she is essentially the pony equivalent of Sonic the Hedgehog. Just more relatable and with more noticeable flaws. I am a big Sonic fan, so Rainbow Dash just naturally is a favored character for me. If I had to pick a favorite pony, I suppose RD is only beaten by Fluttershy.

There are people who like her for her confidence, and how she's got massive ambitions - they think that's admirable. The reason I like Rainbow Dash, however, is quite different. Every day, she's pretty self-conscious about whether she looks cool and is respected, and tries more than anything to be sleek and awesome. But even after all that, she can't help but have moments where she looks the polar opposite of cool - that is, where she looks cute.

Within seconds, you can have her go from this:

Rainbow_Dash_Wonderbolt_fantasy_cropped_

to this:

mlp_rbd_yay.PNG

I find it really humorous. Bathos! That's the word I'm looking for.

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash is awesome, because not only does she keeps her head in the clouds but also has an amazing talent that has to do something with being the fastest flyer in all of Equestria... but what's this, not only is she not a Wonderbolt, but dreams of stepping in right into the competition one day showing off her amazing and her amazing and impossible tricks that'll impress the Wonderbolts so much that they'll be wanting to spend an entire day with Rainbow Dash instead, she can also do this one rare trick or a technique which is called a "Sonic Rainboom" a sudden atomic burst of rainbow that wiped out an entire sky, even as a young filly performing it at the wonderbolts academy... and even her Sonic Rainboom has changed everything back then. Everyone likes Rainbow Dash, because Dashie is super amazing at being fast and furious, and also amazing for being "20% Cooler In 10 Seconds Flat" and if anypony wants to challenge her, then they're gonna have to think twice, knowing that she is "2 fast 2 furious" for anything that they can ever think of as Dashie's got the "Need For Speed" to outshine everything she does... :)

post-13964-0-73005300-1364602142_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

There's gotta be a brat in the pack. Otherwise, you have a bunch of sweet ponies battling bad guys and tough life decisions, and no one around to offset it all with the elixir of obnoxiousness she can offer. (If I'm wrong, then my personal life's work has meant nothing...)

Also, besides the fact that her heart is huge, she looks cute when she sleeps on clouds.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash is awesome, because not only does she keeps her head in the clouds but also has an amazing talent that has to do something with being the fastest flyer in all of Equestria... but what's this, not only is she not a Wonderbolt, but dreams of stepping in right into the competition one day showing off her amazing and her amazing and impossible tricks that'll impress the Wonderbolts so much that they'll be wanting to spend an entire day with Rainbow Dash instead, she can also do this one rare trick or a technique which is called a "Sonic Rainboom" a sudden atomic burst of rainbow that wiped out an entire sky, even as a young filly performing it at the wonderbolts academy... and even her Sonic Rainboom has changed everything back then. Everyone likes Rainbow Dash, because Dashie is super amazing at being fast and furious, and also amazing for being "20% Cooler In 10 Seconds Flat" and if anypony wants to challenge her, then they're gonna have to think twice, knowing that she is "2 fast 2 furious" for anything that they can ever think of as Dashie's got the "Need For Speed" to outshine everything she does... :)

attachicon.gifrainbow_dash_street_car4.jpg

Haha nice, you put her cutie mark on a blue RX7. I see you have a distinct taste in JDMs? If you do add me, I love JDMs. Anyways very nicely put

@Mzukiller:

I'd hazard a guess that you haven't actually watched much of the show, if you believe that Dash is still as arrogant and self-centered as she was in the first season.  She might not be my #1 favorite, but she's risen in my list BECAUSE she's grown a lot in that time.

Ohoho, I'm offended. Of course I watch the show, how else do you think i've come to this conclusion? And before you ask, no I won't point out ever little moment where she proves my point....cause well that'd take a while. And why does everyone assume she's been any better in season 2 or 3? Yeah she's improved a tad, but let's be honest here there are plenty of episodes where that pure arrogance still shows.

And you know what? I've accepted that, that's just who Rainbow is. but nowhere does it say that I have to like her.

Hey I'm getting sick and tired of all those "Is RD hated character" and "Why do people like RD" and "Why do people hate RD" and "Why do people like RD more than Flutters when she's just oh so adorable" "Why can't this pony get more love than RD" and "Why do you like RD" topics.

Why should we love and do anything for a reason? I can dislike something without a reason, because It's unsympathetic, because we are totally different... just by a sight. So it works in this way too.

I love Dash because she's beautiful, cheeky, brave, courageous, cute, loyal, competitive, spiteful.

Because she loves books, turtles, clouds, flying.

Because she has rainbows, cloud house, dream, pet, strong will, awesome voice cracks, beautiful colour scheme, rainbooms.

Because AppleDash and SoarDash are my OTPs.

Is that enough? Good.

• Brohoof 1

Because she's awesome, and lots of people will have different opinions. I like her because I can identify with her, and she is an adorable character, with cute voice cracks, and although she has a whole lot of personality flaws, why should you blame her?? Nobody's perfect!

I could say, 'Monkeys have wings and tails on their heads and they can fly!!!!' But that doesn't mean it's true. And anyways, most of us RD fans tolerate the other mane 6, so why can't you guys tolerate her?? Sheesh. That's where 'love and toleration' comes in. (gosh, haven't heard that phrase in quite a while!)

Edited by Fireball Rush

There isn't much that I could say that hasn't already been said about Dashie. She is my favorite pony, I like her for many of the reason given as to why people like her. She also reminds me of myself and my younger self, especially her loyalty. She has her flaws like everyone else, she knows it, even if she doesn't always show or admit it. I'm the type of person to not really show their emotion, or acknowledge their flaws, even though I know they are there. Basically I can see that RD still has some growing up to do, same for most of us. Those of us that like her have our reasons, most of which has already been stated. Just like everyone else has their reason for liking their favorite ponies. I like all the main six, RD just stands out more for me. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and I think threads like these will help those who dislike a character to better understand why others like a specific character when someone else doesn't.

On a side note: If Rainbow Dash wasn't my favorite pony, it would either be Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie.

Ohoho, I'm offended. Of course I watch the show, how else do you think i've come to this conclusion? And before you ask, no I won't point out ever little moment where she proves my point....cause well that'd take a while. And why does everyone assume she's been any better in season 2 or 3? Yeah she's improved a tad, but let's be honest here there are plenty of episodes where that pure arrogance still shows.

And you know what? I've accepted that, that's just who Rainbow is. but nowhere does it say that I have to like her.

The question we have to ask you is, if she was completely free of her main fault, her cockiness, would she be a better character? Far from it - she'd be boring. Exalting your own feats is something that a lot of people do. People might not find it appealing, but it makes a better character in itself - it makes her believable. People enjoy seeing her in situations which test those traits.

• Brohoof 5