duidamasterXD

Just seems odd that he goes from THIS (fanmade FIM version of the G1 Tirek):

img-2607262-1-Tirek2.png

To fucking THIS:

img-2607262-2-Rafiki.jpg

img-2607262-3-fd5acd64_e128_426c_a710_b6

......LIEK.....

Dude... Baboons are scary.

LOL. I get your point. Let's wait and see what he looks like. He also seems very small in that clip. Maybe like Luna, he'll get bigger as he draws magic from ponies? In the other clip he did look a lot like he used to be... Or his face, at least.

• Brohoof 1

So I went and watched "Rescue at Midnight Castle" to find out what this Tirek guy is all about. Not sure what to say.

Oh I know. Apparently when someone says "I'll get help" it means "I'm going to drag back here the first random child I run into".

I don't think it would take a lot of provocation to get a baboon to tear your face off, so they're actually kind of scary.

Kind of? They're bloody menaces! They will tear your face of with NO provocation. If i had a choice of Tirek ad a baboon, I'd take my chances with Tirek.
  • Brohoof 2

Well they have said that the comics are "as close to canon as possible" but that's not saying they're canon.

Yeah, that's exactly what I just said x)

--

Tirek appears to be a monkey-taur by my guess. Which is a good choice, IMO. We don't need to introduce the concept of humans (normal centaurs as the original Tirek was styled after) to the show now, do we? I know most people share that thought. A good design choice for him, to go with an ape, IMO. It looks cool from what we saw so far.

Well folks, it seems the Hub just leaked the info about the Big Bad of the Season Finale.  And for those of you who loved MLP G1, you're gonna love this

LORD TIREK!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/05/season-finale-villain-teaser-clip-name.html

Wait, did that guy just die?

Looks like Lord Tirek is the origin of all pony magic.  Remember that the cutie marks are magical in nature.

post-124-0-45415100-1319383320.jpg

Yup the preview was quite enticing. Propably the best villian we had so far aside from Discord because Tirek looks like he's out for blood.

He aint playing around this time like all the others villians did which is a first.

(edited)

Has this preview been posted yet? No? Okay then.

Twilight is supercharged with... something. :wacko:

Also, RIP Treehouse door. :(

And another preview:

Twilight says duty. :comeatus:

Edited by Radiance64

With all this hype going on with the Season Finale, I've got to say this.

Should all the hype pay off in the end, I don't think there will be a Season Finale as Epic as this.

I mean, take alook at the hype.  They're using nearly alot of the important characters.

Twilight Sparkle

Rarity

Rainbow Dash

Pinkie Pie

Fluttershy

Applejack

Princess Celestia

Princess Luna

Princess Cadance

Discord

And of course Tirek(First G1 villain to be adapted into the G4 series).

And it seems everything is on the line(Even more so than "A Canterlot Wedding.") for Twilight Sparkle.

If this finale becomes worthy of its hype, I dunno how Meghan McCarthy and her team can top that.  They would have to do an epic Godzilla-like battle in Season 5 to get even more epic. :(

Uh, excuse me, Celestia, I don't mean to nitpick, but how exactly will allowing Twilight's friend know she's essentially been super-charged would be 'putting them at risk'?

You surely know they're be suspicous of Twilight (as they somewhat prove to be in the preview before this one), and because of this they'll just keep following Twilight as long as they think something is up, so what exactly is the point?

Oh well, maybe it will make more sense when the episode proper comes up.

(edited)

Uh, excuse me, Celestia, I don't mean to nitpick, but how exactly will allowing Twilight's friend know she's essentially been super-charged would be 'putting them at risk'?

You surely know they're be suspicous of Twilight (as they somewhat prove to be in the preview before this one), and because of this they'll just keep following Twilight as long as they think something is up, so what exactly is the point?

Oh well, maybe it will make more sense when the episode proper comes up.

The answer, I'm not saying it's a good one, but the answer is very spoilery. Read on if you want.

The bad guy is trying to track down the princesses to steal their power and so they give it to Twlight and I think Celestia wants as few ponies as possible to know that this was done to Twilight. That appears to be the rationale.

Edited by Nature's Spell

The answer, I'm not saying it's a good one, but the answer is very spoilery. Read on if you want.

The bad guy is trying to track down the princesses to steal their power and so they give it to Twlight and I think Celestia wants as few ponies as possible to know that this was done to Twilight. That appears to be the rationale.

Perhaps, but it doesn't explain how Twilight's friends would be at risk if they know what's going on.

Perhaps, but it doesn't explain how Twilight's friends would be at risk if they know what's going on.

Perhaps he could use them to control Twilight. A human shield? Perhaps we'll find out more.

(edited)

I am so afraid they simply changed the rainbow cannon all six of them are needed to fire for one that Twilight can fire on her own...

And I hope Discord dies this episode...

If what I read was a real review (somebody questioned it, not sure why) the solution won't be to blast the baddies exactly. A bit more to it than that. As I've said I'm pleased with the outcome, but everybody will have to judge it themselves. Edited by Nature's Spell

If what I read was a real review (somebody questioned it, not sure why) the solution won't be to blast the baddies exactly. A bit more to it than that. As I've said I'm pleased with the outcome, but everybody will have to judge it themselves.

Well, as far as I can remember, we tend to agree on this stuff, so I get a bit more excited about the episode.

While I don't want to read the thing myself, I can ask you something: are the other Mane Six important in winning the day, no matter what happens, or is it just about Twilight?

Do the other princesses play any significant role beside hiding their magic in Twilight?

As far as you can tell, of course.

(edited)

Well, as far as I can remember, we tend to agree on this stuff, so I get a bit more excited about the episode.

While I don't want to read the thing myself, I can ask you something: are the other Mane Six important in winning the day, no matter what happens, or is it just about Twilight?

Do the other princesses play any significant role beside hiding their magic in Twilight?

As far as you can tell, of course.

Yes I do believe we have similar likes and I do hope you enjoy it. To answer your questions.

I don't want to give too much away, but the end of the villain starts with Twilight making a choice and yes her friends do appear to play an important role. The review was a bit vague.

As far as the other princesses I'm not sure how much they help beyond their power transfer, but that's partly because the villain wants them and they can't face him directly. However by working with Twilight and the Mane 5 it's almost like they all join forces. I'll also say that Twilight is not left wanting in the end. She gets a reward.

Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 1