Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*Post-S3* Favorite Episode of Season 3

Moved to Elsewhere

Favorite Season 3 Episode  

51 users have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite season 3 episode?

• The Crystal Empire Part 1
    • The Crystal Empire Part 2
    • Too Many Pinkie Pies
    • One Bad Apple
    • Magic Duel
    • Sleepless in Ponyville
    • Wonderbolt Acadmy
    • Apple Family Reunion
    • Spike at your Service
    • Keep Calm and Flutter on
    • Just for Sidekicks
    • Games Ponies Play
    • Magical Mystery Cure

My favorite overall/of all time episode of Season 3 would be, Sleepless in Ponyville. That episode expressed more of a future development for a sister bond between Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash. :)

• Brohoof 6

Same as the above. SiP was adorable and well structured, was an episode for a character who's desperately needed their own episode since the series began, and was an incredible source of character development.

I've edited the title to give it a bit more elaboration. We had a topic made for your favorite S3 episode but that was during the season, and it didn't have a complete poll. Instead of forcing a merge, I figure making this thread distinctive is a better approach.

• Brohoof 6

Top 4 are

1: Sleepless in Ponyville

2: Wonderbolt Academy

3: Too Many Pinkie Pies

4: Apple Family Reunion

Sleepless wins because it developed Scootaloo and her relationship with Rainbow Dash well, had great moments and comedy, used a variety of characters well, had a Luna appearance, played with my emotions masterfully, was relatable, showed Dashie's soft side, and it was the most heartwarming thing ever. It's my second favorite episode of the series and has a decent shot at moving up :)

• Brohoof 5

My top 5:

1. Magic Duel

2. One Bad Apple

3. Magical Mystery Cure

4. Apple Family Reunion

5. Sleepless in Ponyville

Sleepless in Ponyville was a good episode, but it didn't seem to stick out to me as AMAZING as it seems to have for so many others. Eh, maybe I'll go watch it again and rethink my position.

Edited by Tall_But_Short_37

Top five

1. Magical Mystery Cure

2. Wonderbolt Academy 

3. Magic Duel

4. Keep Calm and Flutter on.

5. Games Ponies Play/Sleepless in Ponyville

Many would be surprised of me saying this but I have to say that Rainbow Dash was AMAZING this season, except for her appearance in the Crystal Empire, I really loved Wonderbolts Academy, one of the best episodes of the show so far.

Edited by Sparkity
  • Brohoof 2

My top 3?

1.Wonderbolt Academy

2. Apple Family Reunioun

3. Keep Calm and Flutter On

I liked to see that Rainbow accomplished one of her dreams but she realized somethings are more important. I love RD as a character and it sucks to see her struggle to impress The Wonderbolts.

• Brohoof 3

I have to admit I can't select one from the thirteen.

A few of my favorites were, in chronological order:

• Magic Duel

We saw the return of Trixie and I like the part where Twilight is learning from Zecora.

• Sleepless in Ponyville

The sister bond between Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash makes it a must-see.

• Wonderbolt Academy

One of the episodes with the best execution up to now. Everything felt weirdly in place

• Magical Mystery Cure

Even if a lot of people complain about it, I liked the musical style to this episode and the 7 songs played. And you know the rest...

to be honest my favourite episode in season 3 was actually a magical mystery cure i don't see why people hate twilight as a princess its just wings would rainbow dash or flutter shy be ruined if they MAGICALLY grew a unicorn horn

• Brohoof 1

to be honest my favourite episode in season 3 was actually a magical mystery cure i don't see why people hate twilight as a princess its just wings would rainbow dash or flutter shy be ruined if they MAGICALLY grew a unicorn horn

because some people have HIGHLY EXAGGERATED standards for a show that it is primarily intended for girls below the age of 10, go figure. Anyways, I 100% agree, Magical Mistery Cure was the best episode.

Oh, it's gotta be Sleepless in Ponyville, though Magical Mystery Cure is a close second.  Sleepless gave Scootaloo a great personality, had cool dream sequences, gave Luna an interesting purpose, and the ending made me tear up.  Great stuff.

• Brohoof 2

My favorite episodes this season: One Bad Apple and Apple Family Reunion. I have watched these episodes at least three or four times now. They are such great episodes! I'm glad AJ finally got her own song.

Sleepless in Ponyville was on a whole different level than anything else I saw this season--story, writing, feels, you name it. I don't know what Season 4 is going to be like but I hope it has more episodes like that.

After that my favorites were Keep Calm and Flutter On, Too Many Pinkie Pies and Games Ponies Play. It's kind of a ride downhill after that IMO, from Apple Family Reunion which was decent to the season finale and Magic Duel which failed to connect with me on any level. This is the first season of the show I don't plan to buy on DVD. :blush:

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 2

Sleepless in Ponyville is easily my favorite.  It is not only the one episode of MLP to get me to shed a tear, it is one of the very few pieces of media to do so.  I felt really connected with Scootaloo's plight, and I couldn't help but give some sort of emotional response at the end when Scoots was confessing her fears.  It was just a great episode.

Runners up include Wonderbolts Academy (which I saw as the pinnacle of Rainbow Dash's character development), Keep Calm and Flutter On (a fun episode by one of my favorite writers), and Apple Family Reunion (an all-around good Applejack episode).

• Brohoof 2

Keep Calm and Flutter On. I found that one to hilarious. I enjoyed this season's episode set alot. But sadly while I enjoyed this as a season set, individual episodes didn't strike me as hard as individual episodes in the first two seasons. 

Except Sleepless in Ponyville, that episode was brilliant in my opinion. But being an oddball, I find myself enjoying random hilarity more this time around..

I like alot of S3, heck I even liked the premier a good bit, but I think my favorite has to be Sleeless in ponyville, its just got such great development between scootaloo and Rainbow dash. And not to mention I had to rewatch it soon after watching it the first time so yeah :P.

Bad seed falls in there behind it, and I think the finale might fall in close by, and then Ugh, I can't put them in order. I have a hard enough time chooseing between the few in my top list :P. I just pick Sleepless in Ponyville because its the first that I rewatched right after seeing.

• Brohoof 1

Keep Calm And Flutter On is my favorite for the simple fact that John De Lancie was a voice in it. Case closed. Also, the story line, lesson and overall animation was great, even though others may find it a bit rushed. Discord breaking the fourth wall and literally eating the reformation spells made me laugh so hard... Anyway, the animation in the spinning house scene was awesome and the Wilhelm scream struck again with Angel flying through the air. Oh yeah! Angel finally was taught a lesson!!! By the spirit of chaos no less! ^_^ All in all, the humor in that episode won me over, it being the episode that had made me laugh more often than any other episode since the season 2 premiere. 

A close second for me has to be Too Many Pinkie Pies, because, again it was funny and had a lot of Pinkie Pie breaking the laws of physics. Always a good thing. 

In third place was Sleepless In Ponyville, for all of the reasons listed above in previous comments. It was cute, funny, and had a wingless Scootaloo for about three seconds! ;) 

Wonderbolt Academy was great and Magic Duel was good as well. Yoda Zecora is best Zecora. 

I didn't particularly hate Magical Mystery Cure until Celestia appeared. It all went downhill from there. I'm still recovering. :(

After a season of ups and downs, I have to say I'm really looking forward to Season 4 and can't wait for it to get here. Mostly so I can find out if Twilight Alicorn is going to stay or not. Yeah. That's my two bits. :)

• Brohoof 1

Now my top 5:

5)Too Many Pinkie Pies: One word: FUN. JUST FUN. One of the funniest episodes in the entire show. Pinkie at the best she can be. 

4)Sleepless in Ponyville: An episode for Scootaloo finally! I've been waiting for it for too much time, and the wait was worth, the episode itself is fun and in the end RD and Scootaloo becomes officially "sisters" (not genetically but sisters anyway). Oh and as a Luna fan I've appreciated her presences here;

3)Keep Calm & Flutter On: thanks to this episode Discord and Fluttershy have entered my top 5 of favourite characters, both at the best they can be, and the scene where Discord realize that Fluttershy's friendship was important to him was one of the most heartwarming scene in the series;

2)Magical Mystery Cure: you don't have idea of how many tears I've dropped with this episode. Twilight is my favourite character of the show and one of my favourite characters ever. With the Celestia's Ballad to see her best moments, and the consequent alicorn transformation was a very big realizzation to me... surely one of my favourites episodes ever... I'm proud of you Twilight.... I'm proud of you;

1)Magic Duel: despite the fact my love for Magical Mystery Cure, it's not my favourite of the season. The gold medal goes to Magic Duel, because it was really epic, dark, and also funny. I just loved everything here, and I can't find a defect in it.

This is my top 5. See ya!