Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I seriously the only one who doesn't like the .MOV series?

Champion RD92

I seem to be the only person who doesn't enjoy those .MOV videos. I just do not find them funny, except for maybe a few jokes here and there. Mostly it's just a bunch of sick, disgusting, disturbing, vulgar crap that just isn't funny at all whatsoever. I watched all of them and I just don't get why everyone loves them so much. I honestly can't believe I'm the only one who doesn't like them. 

• Brohoof 39

For being just one person, the animation is extremely good and very funny, to me at least.

Most of the jokes are funny but it can pass the line and become plain boring, like in the Pinkie Pie one.

The attention he gets is well deserved.

• Brohoof 4

Hm, I could see how some people might enjoy them but I personally don't. Granted I haven't seen all or even most of them, but I didn't really like what I have seen of it.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

Don't worry. I don't like them either. Specifically the last one. It was neither funny, nor epic. Plus, they keep getting worse and worse. The first few were okay, but now... It's just disturbing.

• Brohoof 6

You guys didn't think PARTY.MOV was gold? Spike making a "chasing the purple dragon" metaphor in PARTY.MOV was genius!

Max Gilardi is passionate enought about FiM to go to the trouble of crafting intricate parodies for each character. Sometime his humor can be pretty crude, but the dude is a true fan.

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1

You are NOT the only one. I don't really like them either. They're like a lot of Pixar movies for me. One or two laughs and cringing the rest of the way. I think it's just important to remember that everypony has their own likes and dislikes. You're not right or wrong for your opinions. It's just what you like/dislike. We're in the same boat with the MOV stuff.

Should I even mention that one horror fanfic? I don't want to bring it up (even though I just did). I find it sick and I don't know why the hay anypony else would like it. I'm just not in that crowd.

Our opinions make us who we are. ;)

• Brohoof 3

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edited by SignorStable
  • Brohoof 1

You're not the only one.  I'm not really a fan of the art style and the humor.  They're just... odd.  I think I saw the apples one, but I personally found it to be boring and annoying.  However, I guess I can see why other people like them.  I just don't.

Edited by Antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 1

Well I only ones really enjoyed were APPLE and SHED; the rest were either okay or unbearable. Honestly, I ended up watching SWAG mostly just to see Jappleack come back... and for some closure I guess. Overall, the series wasn't amazing but I found it entertaining for the most part.

Well, I don't watch them for the "comedy." I just watch them because the Max's art style is pretty cool and clean. To be honest, the only character that makes me laugh is Paco. You gotta love that kid.

Ugh, they went downhill real badly after shed.mov, I just care less for them now, Apple. MOV was much better than this new crap he is churning out, but hey, at least it's the end.

Some positive notes: Great art and voice acting, I really like Meelee Princess's voice role as Twilight, and some of the humor is pretty nifty. 

I never found them all that funny. these videos could *almost* be called part of the darker side of the fandom. It most certainly isn't what you show to people to get them interested in the show.

My dislike aside: a single person created those, so that is impressive and the art style is unique, but i still don't like them

• Brohoof 2

I honestly enjoyed them, just because me and a few friends of mine quote them.  The last one was pretty good, and had me laughing.  I have a wide range of humor I enjoy, and timing was good to.  The animation was great, though I have to admit some of the jokes were just over the line. 

I haven't seen the new one, but here's my rundown on them:

Apple: It was okay, I guess, I at least got a couple laughs from it

Shed: The song was catchy.

Dress: So forgettable I forgot it existed until someone mentioned it. 

Magic: It dialed the shock humor back and was actually rather clever and started to get funny in spots

Party: Annnnnd went straight to crap again, I only really laughed once, and that was a forgettable enough laugh that I can't recall what it was about.

So as a whole, I don't have a fervent hatred of them, but I'm not in love with them either.  

In truth, they kinda remind me of Joe Cartoons(like Frog in a Blender, or Gerbil in a Microwave) with a lot of the humor sucked out. 

I think Apple.mov and Dress.mov are the only funny ones. Party.mov was just.....meh. No disrespect to the guy doing them though. The voice acting is good and the animation is really good as well. I just think that Party tried a bit too hard.

• Brohoof 1

I seem to be the only person who doesn't enjoy those .MOV videos. I just do not find them funny, except for maybe a few jokes here and there. Mostly it's just a bunch of sick, disgusting, disturbing, vulgar crap that just isn't funny at all whatsoever. I watched all of them and I just don't get why everyone loves them so much. I honestly can't believe I'm the only one who doesn't like them. 

bro i feel your pain. There are countless people who are truelly mentally slow or are just plain stupid. I've seen a few aswell, and i even blocked the swag one, because well swag doesnt pay the bills and its stupid as hell. but yeah, if i continue, i might say things about the .MOV that i could get yelled at for :)

I think it's funny when people make the 'Am I the only one who doesn't like _____" topics, because they, of course, get flooded with replies that prove the contrary.

You don't have to like it, I don't think people should expect you to. It's crude as hell. But many find it enjoyable, just as people do with many things. Simple as that; ignore, leave it be x3

• Brohoof 6

RD, I honestly don't think you've read enough comments on those videos or seen the criticism on Tumblr. You're pretty vocal about your dislike towards it, as well. You just give it more power, to be honest. The series is over now. I ain't disrespecting you, I just think you realize the mixed reviews PONY.MOV gets. It's not overwhelmingly positive.

Edited by Dismajo

I haven't watched them, but from what I've heard of them, I don't want to. Not only do I have a problem with combining that kind of material with MLP, but I'm trying to stray away from that sort of content in general. It reminds me of things that used to be in my life that I am trying to move away from.

I don't like it, either. Hell, I absolutely loathe it. The PONY.MOV series is everything that MLP isn't. It isn't funny, it doesn't have any of the qualities that makes the show good, and it certainly isn't what I look for when I watch ponies. I won't go far as to say they should stop making it, but the series is definitely something I've avoided since watching the first few videos.

• Brohoof 4

I don't like them either. Some were fun to watch but not my kind of entertainment. But strangely what got me interested in the Brony culture was after I watched Apple.mov. That was the first time I was exposed to anything MLP related (didn't even watch a single episode of the canon series). After I watched a Fluttershy clip I was hooked.

• Brohoof 2