Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hi, i was just thinking about it, and i was curious if it was a possibility that the opening scene in season 4 will change now that twilight is an alicorn because she isn't in the theme song. so, do you think they might change it?

• Brohoof 9

They'd almost have to. It would be very strange having her be a unicorn in the opening credits but an alicorn in the rest of the show. Of course, if they don't change it, that'd be a tipoff that the alicorn thing won't last.

• Brohoof 14

Yeah, they have to change the title screen in Season 4. To adjust the changes in the season finale, they have to edit the introduction or as they call it ''opening credits'' with her as a unicorn to replace it with her as an alicorn.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah it will probably change, honestly I'm surprised they didn't change it in S3 because they did change it in S2. And if Alicorn Twilight stays then they basically have to, otherwise it'll be very strange to see her A Unicorn then an Alicorn.

I don't know if they'll change the opening song though, but they'll probably change the intro sequence.

I don't care to much about it, because honestly I normally just skip it, but it would give me some interest to see. Maybe I'd take the time to watch it then :P.

• Brohoof 4

Most likely. I say it didn't change in season 3 because it was a short season, but since season 4 was confirmed to have 26 episodes, I think its gonna be changed for sure, especially with the alicorn change.

• Brohoof 3

They're only going to add a pair of wings into Twilight, nothing much is going to change. Maybe they'll throw in a few minor details here and there, but they aren't going to completely change it.

• Brohoof 2

I had this in mind for season three ever since last April. It still strikes me as a good idea even if Twilight never became an alicorn. For now, tt would be a reflection of how the storyline has evolved since day one -- a change symbolizing the dawn of a new era, considering our lovable egghead unicorn is now a benevolent princess having undergone many trials and challenges already. 

• Brohoof 4

♪My Little Pony, My Little Pony, ah-ah-ah-ah...♪

So of course with a new season comes a new opening sequence!

Quick refresher: The Season 1 opening sequence and theme song stuck around until Season 2, Episode 3, "Lesson Zero." That's when they aired the episodes from then on with the newly animated opening and remastered Friendship is Magic theme song. The new animation included a train in the background of where Twilight and Spike arrive in Ponyville via hot air balloon, carrying along Derpy, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and a few other background characters.

Now that this opening's been used for two seasons, and Twilight is an alicorn princess, I have reason to believe that a new opening sequence is in order. They might even re-remaster the theme song again, should they see fit!

There are some imaginative ideas I have that could bein the new opening sequence:

•At the very beginning, maybe instead of in Ponyville, the animation sequence starts off in Canterlot, or a big fly-over of Equestria (revealing places such as the Crystal Empire, Everfree Forest, Appleloosa/Dodge Junction). The reason I say this is because the scene with Twilight and Spike arriving in town in the hot air balloon is supposed to be reminiscent of their first arrival to Ponyville, when Twilight begins her studies of friendship. I think that part of the storyline has been taken care of, what with the whole “studies are complete, now you’re a princess” thing.

•Additionally, if they did keep the hot air balloon in the opening, maybe it could be the Cutie Mark Crusaders riding in it!

•At the part where Rainbow Dash breaks through the clouds and the camera flies into town, it could be alicorn Twilight flying in, or maybe both Dashie and Twilight flying side by side. Wingbuddies.

•Unfortunately, no Derpy on a train since it was decided she would be ousted from Season 4 :(. BUT, we could have other fanbase-established background characters walking around or waving hi to Twilight as she walks by/flies by/royally arrives.

•Wouldn’t it be cool if we saw Discord in the opening? Like, not as a major presence, but maybe flying through the sky in one scene like a Chinese dragon, or just standing in the background, breaking the fourth wall as he waves at the audience. Maybe we could see Trixie as well.

•When Twilight and her friends gather around for a group photo…it’ll be a new photo. Perhaps one with Twilight's wings gloriously yet happily spread out.

Countless ideas and possibilities! :D And I don’t mean to say I think any of these ideas I’ve posted are going to be in the new opening; I just think it’d be cool to see some of them. Anything in particular you want to see in Season 4’s opening sequence?

• Brohoof 2

I want Solrac to do the opening, I think that should be enough.

But what I do expect, if any changes are made, is just a simple addition of new characters from previous seasons, maybe a possible removal of Derpy from the train, and replace the Unicorn Twilight with an Alicorn model.

• Brohoof 2

Well first off, use this, but in english.

Second, yes to more background ponies.

Third, a Powerpuff Girls style showcase of the villains would be sweet.

Fourth, the CMC should have a more significant part in the intro.

Fifth, the group photo should have all of Ponyville, with the Mane 6 up front.

Also, @ Jack Durango, is it offical that Derpy isn't in S4? If so, that's a bummer.

• Brohoof 2

It's obvious that they're going to redo it so Twilight is an alicorn. The real question should be whether they change the song or not. In the outro of the S3 Finale, instead of playing the orchestral version of theme song as they normally do, they played "A True, True Friend". Or a few seconds of it before Miss America rudely interrupted. They've only done this once before that I'm aware of, and that was the 'Cranky Doodle Donkey' episode where they played Yankee Doodle instead of the normal outro.

I'd be totally fine with them retheming the opening song to resemble "A True, True Friend". In fact, I almost hope they do it.

• Brohoof 2

Well first off, use this, but in english.

Is it offical that Derpy isn't in S4? If so, that's a bummer.

I personally like the current opening more than that Italian one. That's just a compilation of a bunch of clips from the show. I'd rather have a completely new animation. If you think about it, the fact that it's just reused every episode means that the animators can go above and beyond on their work on the intro.

Also, I haven't heard anything saying Derpy won't be in S4. There was all the drama around her being supposedly removed forever earlier in S3, but then she was in the finale. So I'm not really sure what Derpy's situation is right now. 

• Brohoof 2

I personally like the current opening more than that Italian one. That's just a compilation of a bunch of clips from the show. I'd rather have a completely new animation. If you think about it, the fact that it's just reused every episode means that the animators can go above and beyond on their work on the intro.

Also, I haven't heard anything saying Derpy won't be in S4. There was all the drama around her being supposedly removed forever earlier in S3, but then she was in the finale. So I'm not really sure what Derpy's situation is right now. 

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, the intro set to "Go Take Flight" (the Italian song's title translated to english) is basically just a simple PMV montage. Animation made just for the opening is a must.

But I really love that song. It's alot more exiting, and it just gets me more pumped for the episode than the song we curretly have, but that's just a personal prefrence. I guess the idea I'm getting at is that we need a song that better fits the "all-ages-slice-of-life-fantasy-adventure" vibe of the show.

• Brohoof 1

In the new intro, Derpy, upset over her neglect in the previous season, and subsequent removal from the intro's train carriage, will be one sneaky and cheeky little pony, making sure she pops up somewhere in every shot.

This will, in turn, lead to her coming that much closer to her goal of making more "Where's Derpy?" appearances than the great Wally himself ever showed up in his own books.

And in the final shot that transitions to the episode fade-in, Derpy will accidentally drop a whole plate of muffins into the scene, completely obscuring the camera's view, of which she will then be heard to say, "Sorry, let me clean that up for you," but will then end up cracking the camera lens instead, with that successful accompanying cracking sound of goodness being heard. It then fades to black, and the episode begins...

Edited by PianoOfMuffins
  • Brohoof 2

It will change, and it will be EPIC. I'm calling it, now XD. Hopefully, though they make the intro just a tad bit longer. I'm a super geek when it comes to intros. Heck, I still love to listen to the Yugioh GX and Pokemon Johto theme songs since they are so pleasing to the ear. This goes the same for the MLP:FIM I put the theme song on repeat.

Edited by Pinkie Pie 3 U
  • Brohoof 1

They've only done this once before that I'm aware of, and that was the 'Cranky Doodle Donkey' episode where they played Yankee Doodle instead of the normal outro.

What about A Canterlot Wedding? Or The Return of Harmony? They used a triumphant song in place of the normal ending credits theme for both of those.

As has been stated, they're probably not going to make any drastic changes. They'll have to reanimate the opening sequence to account for Twi's wings (and they'll probably have some fun with it), and that's really all that needs to be done.

• Brohoof 1

Now that Twilight is an Alicorn/Princess, they probably have to change it now.Or at least the same opening except no Derpy Hooves and Twilight is a bit taller with wings xP

I'd much rather a new opening IMO. It'd be nice to have a change of intro after a couple of seasons with the same thing.

• Brohoof 2

I bet instead of descending to Ponyville by hot air balloon, she flies down. Then there will probably be different character intros for each of the mane 6, but otherwise the rest will pretty much be the same.

• Brohoof 3