Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dating a Brony

Pegasistersincethe80s

I've met quite a few Bronies, my neighbor who is also my coworker is one. And now, I am dating a Brony. Just for S&G's I put up an ad on Craigslist looking for like minded people to hang out with, I put a question that I wanted answered to weed out the fakers, the question was "On My Little Ponies, what is Pinkie Pie's cutie mark?"

You can imagine that a lot of people don't know the power of Google. Anyways, met a Brony, we are dating.

• Brohoof 14

I am happy for both of you. :) Sadly, I wasn't able to date a pegasister at all since I'm still in high school. I'd say, congratulations to both of you! Time to have a Pinkie Pie party! :)

• Brohoof 2

During the middle of my transformation phase, when I was going from mild hater to rabid brony, I text my girlfriend of one and a half years

"Oh god help me, I'm turning into a brony"

Her response

"Lol, that show is amazing, I'm a pegasister ya know"

"WHAT???"

• Brohoof 9

During the middle of my transformation phase, when I was going from mild hater to rabid brony, I text my girlfriend of one and a half years

"Oh god help me, I'm turning into a brony"

Her response

"Lol, that show is amazing, I'm a pegasister ya know"

"WHAT???"

HAHAHAHAHA NICE!!!!  Lucky!!  If only I can find my special somepony...  There was a similar situation when I was playing paintball a couple months ago.  As I was about to walk out onto the field, I jokingly told my friend that I was pissed that there wasn't a new MLP episode that day.  He then looked at me and asked, "Wait, how did you know I was a brony?"  I said I was just messing around, and he told me he was a brony.  I'm like NO WAY!!!  We brohoofed, and then I had the best day of paintball of my life.

• Brohoof 3

HAHAHAHAHA NICE!!!!  Lucky!!  If only I can find my special somepony...  There was a similar situation when I was playing paintball a couple months ago.  As I was about to walk out onto the field, I jokingly told my friend that I was pissed that there wasn't a new MLP episode that day.  He then looked at me and asked, "Wait, how did you know I was a brony?"  I said I was just messing around, and he told me he was a brony.  I'm like NO WAY!!!  We brohoofed, and then I had the best day of paintball of my life.

Very nice. The kicker in this one was that after this, I immediately texted my best mate (guy) and got basically the same response ("Yeah I watch that show, its pretty good"). For a guy who was struggling with allowing myself to like this show, suddenly OH GOD I'm SURROUNDED

• Brohoof 4

Very nice. The kicker in this one was that after this, I immediately texted my best mate (guy) and got basically the same response ("Yeah I watch that show, its pretty good"). For a guy who was struggling with allowing myself to like this show, suddenly OH GOD I'm SURROUNDED

Lol.  After that day, I started asking all of my friends about the show, and turns out that out of about 200 or so people, 1/3 of them are bronies!  I was like AWWW YEAH!

• Brohoof 1

Lol.  After that day, I started asking all of my friends about the show, and turns out that out of about 200 or so people, 1/3 of them are bronies!  I was like AWWW YEAH!

I just converted all my friends, that also works. My little mumble server went half brony in the space of a weekend it was glorious!

I just converted all my friends, that also works. My little mumble server went half brony in the space of a weekend it was glorious!

Very nice.  Once I became a brony and got over the fear of people thinking I'm weird, I started converting some friends.  It was very simple, and I'll explain my methods.

First, I asked them what they thought of the show to gauge their reaction.  If it was neutral or positive, I'd move forward.

Secondly, I would show them some funny pictures, memes, and funny videos of the show.  If they liked that, I'd move forward.

Thirdly, I would show them artwork and songs made by the brony community, and if they were into that, I'd execute the final step.

The final step would be showing them an episode or two.  It also helps to have some drinks, such as soda or beer.  (people will do anything for some free beer!)

• Brohoof 1

You must have tons of luck on your side! I have yet to meet anyone locally or any of my friends actually like the show. I would consider myself lucky to find a girl who even likes the show xD. Maybe once I can transfer colleges here I can meet some new people you know. But congrats to you and best of luck! 

• Brohoof 2

I actually showed one of my friends a few funny youtube poops of MLP, and he loved them.  A couple of months later, he calls me and asks where he can get EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE.  He then told me he got his GF into the show as well.  I'd say mission accomplished! 

The herd is growing...

• Brohoof 1

Wow, you guys are all way too lucky. I have exactly zero bronies at my school. My non-brony friends accept me and all, they're just a little weirded out about my obsession with ponies (and possibly my undying love for Pinkie Pie).

Edited by CamRad18
  • Brohoof 3

Wow, you guys are all way too lucky. I have exactly zero bronies at my school. My non-brony friends accept me and all, they're just a little weirded out about my obsession with ponies (and possibly my undying love for Pinkie Pie).

With some nudging you could probably convince them to give it a try, give them some reason why you like it, they probably just see cartoon ponies and thats it when there is so much more.

• Brohoof 1

Lucky :/, I don't even have a girlfriend, much less a girlfriend who is also a brony.

Well whatever, :P Enough ranting about myself. Good luck to the both of you! Hope your relationship goes wonderful :).

my friends aren't at all keen on the whole brony thing and tell me they won't be seen with me if I wear a MLP t shirt or the like

I've never dated a girl that liked MLP but I don't think its as common with women 24 and over, not that I care

MLP isn't a huge part of my life

Well, I have Pinkie Pie's cutie mark tattooed on my calf.. It's kind of an invite for Bronies to approach me. I'm also not shy about telling people I'm a Brony.

yeah that would be weird, mostly because I would change my mind later on and regret it, but that's just who I am

I don't have an issue with it, I don't care who knows I just don't feel like screaming it unless there's a purpose, like anything I like

Mine wasn't a spur of the moment decision, I had carried the first version Pinkie Pie on me and it's always brought me luck, plus Pinkie is so random and so am I.

so am I but it certainly don't bring anything to the table for relationships, well there are other reasons too but as a package I am, well nuts

Ha! I can totally relate. I have Schizioaffective disorder and Borderline personality disorder, so I'm not exactly sane myself.

I donno, none of the girls I ever went out with went anywhere after a few dates, I don't like to say what I have, it shames me, needless to say it makes it so I don't socialize well and can't understand others well

I just feel so detached nowadays, common interest or not (online dating is a waste of my time, I am not what these people want)

Women hate me because of my over-the-top crazy personality, no one wants to date me because I'm so incredibly weird. Not even the women who ARE bronies like me...I think.

Long story short, I am not a dating object in the eyes of women, and it really, really sucks.

• Brohoof 1

Awww! That is so awesome. Best of luck to you two. :)

I *sigh* haven't been so lucky with dating...period, much less dating a pegasister. :(

Though I have played brony "reverse-matchmaker" in a way. My best friend's girlfriend of two years recently became a pegasister after watching "A Canterlot Wedding," and now he asked me to help bronify him to make her happy. Now they kind of view each other as Shining Armour and Cadance. On one hand it's heartwarming...and on my end it is kinda extremely depressing, because that's the kind of relationship I'd like to have with somepony...anypony.

I know there's a few pegasisters on campus, as I have both received and given brohoofs to a few (plus I found out about another pegasister through a long exchange of pony doodles in the art room, but she's a senior graduating in December, so no go there >.<). No idea how I could meet them again. Maybe they could come to the Brony club meetings once I get that up and running. Hooves crossed...

But yeah, that's awesome. Hope you guys have a long, fruitful relationship. :)

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

Huh.

On the topic of dating, I've actually never held any interest whatsoever in romance...even if some girl I know who's constantly dating random people online has admitted to having a crush on me, and tried to get me to kiss her once. That was kinda awkward.

I'm a bit weird in that respect, apparently. I guess I just hate that as a high school teenager, "love" doesn't mean actual love, it means hormones. :\

..although I still wish you to have a great relationship, and the same to everypony with a girlfriend/boyfriend in this thread.

• Brohoof 1