Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dating a Brony

Pegasistersincethe80s

Wow, you guys are all way too lucky. I have exactly zero bronies at my school. My non-brony friends accept me and all, they're just a little weirded out about my obsession with ponies (and possibly my undying love for Pinkie Pie).

Just follow my steps above!  I've convinced at least ten or so of my friends to become bronies by just using that method, and we've become a lot closer because of it.

Eh, lucky bastards, lucky bastards everywhere :P

Not a single person in my school is a brony and it's an understatement to say that ponies is frowned upon by students in my school

• Brohoof 2

I'm a bit weird in that respect, apparently. I guess I just hate that as a high school teenager, "love" doesn't mean actual love, it means hormones. :\

If you honestly believe that YOURSELF, and some parent or teacher didn't put that thought in your head, then you are the one stopping yourself. This statement shows that some people have no imagination or compassion. 

But anyway I have been dating my girlfriend for a little more than a year now and she is a pegasister. We are both in high school and I truly believe that I love her and there is no way I'm going to believe it's just hormones acting simply because I'm in high school like there is a magic barrier between high school and graduation that changes everything about you.

Sorry for the rant on that one statement but it was a bit irritating especially seeing as though it was from another high school student.

• Brohoof 1

I wish you two the best of luck in your relationship. I right now am not in a relationship much less with a brony but i have converted my two friends.  Most guys around here would probably not express that they're a brony openly around here anyways from fear of getting called gay or being beat up. So for right now the closest thing i have to a brony in my life is my cat who sits on my lap as i watch the show which is ok for right now  :)

• Brohoof 1

Eh, lucky bastards, lucky bastards everywhere :P

Not a single person in my school is a brony and it's an understatement to say that ponies is frowned upon by students in my school

I know how you feel man.

Bronies are incredibly rare over here in the UK (I've never seen anyone openly talking about ponies or wearing pony clothes, and the media doesn't seem to acknowledge our existence at all) so if I began to tell people around my school that I watched a show intended for little girls, I suspect the result would be less than desirable.

Edited by Spess
  • Brohoof 1

Lol.  After that day, I started asking all of my friends about the show, and turns out that out of about 200 or so people, 1/3 of them are bronies!  I was like AWWW YEAH!

Aw nuts. You guys are lucky. What the hay, my friends don't even know what a brony is, far less be one. *sigh* I wish I knew a lot more bronies where I live. I only know that my cousin is one, and my sister. That practically doesn't count! I need to make some brony friends. :(

Yiou know what I think is really cool though? A brony family - brony dad, pegasister mom, and brony/pegasister kids. :wub:  and to spend family time together they watch episodes of MLP, and make fanvideos. That would be the life..

Edited by Fireball Rush

There won't be any Brony kids.. I um, lack the proper organs to do so. I'm older than most of you guys, I've had my kids and I'm done with that. In fact, I think my oldest is probably around most of you guys age, maybe a bit older.

if your oldest was my age you would have given birth at 12

but to be fair I am usually always older (at least by 5 years) then people here

• Brohoof 1

I find myself sincerely jealous of you lucky people. Where I am in the world, only one other person I know has watched even an episode, with the rest being too afraid of the stigma to do anything but poke fun at my hobby. my sister is quickly becoming brony but a great deal of miles separate us... Which means you guys will all have to do for my brony friends ;)

I was able to convert my ex into a brony, although it was really easy - he was already in to internet fad-like things. But htat relationship was really shaky and kinda stupid, so that didn't last long :')

My current boyfriend comes from a family that would mock him ruthelessly and call him gay, fag, etc. for liking soemthing like ponies. Nevertheless though, I've been able to get him to watch the show, and now he loves it :) He insists on watching new episodes with me. He doesn't like to call himself a brony, though. But he's become much more open when it comes to gender issues and preconcieved notions. And he sorta uses me as an excuse for why he likes it - he's just trying to connect with me through a shared interest, guys! Yeah, right ;) But they've overall accepted it. His sister even gets him pony stickers or figures that she finds, to give to me.

I do come across a number of pony fans in college (but maybe going to an art school helps!), and I've been surprised by long-time friends who suddenly start spamming pony pictures on facebook :'D

Edited by Powderpuff
  • Brohoof 2

Women hate me because of my over-the-top crazy personality, no one wants to date me because I'm so incredibly weird. Not even the women who ARE bronies like me...I think.

Long story short, I am not a dating object in the eyes of women, and it really, really sucks.

So then what I am hearing from you, more or less, is that women don't want to be bothered by your over-the-top super-hyper antics?

So then what I am hearing from you, more or less, is that women don't want to be bothered by your over-the-top super-hyper antics?

So what I am hearing from you, more or less, is that you're being malicious and a sarcastic dick towards me?

How about you go pick on someone else, or if you're going to pick on me, pick on me with the girlfriend I'm assuming you have.

If you honestly believe that YOURSELF, and some parent or teacher didn't put that thought in your head, then you are the one stopping yourself. This statement shows that some people have no imagination or compassion. 

But anyway I have been dating my girlfriend for a little more than a year now and she is a pegasister. We are both in high school and I truly believe that I love her and there is no way I'm going to believe it's just hormones acting simply because I'm in high school like there is a magic barrier between high school and graduation that changes everything about you.

Sorry for the rant on that one statement but it was a bit irritating especially seeing as though it was from another high school student.

I didn't mean that as an insult to anypony besides myself, so if it came out as such, I apologize. Still, the "no imagination or compassion" comment was more than a little bit hurtful.

I do believe that some people can have fully sincere romantic relationships in high school. Just not me, for whatever reason. I should have phrased that better, and I'm sorry that it came out in such an insulting fashion. What I meant to communicate is that, as a result of my own physical properties, especially age, I have never experienced actual love. I'm sorry.

• Brohoof 2

I didn't mean that as an insult to anypony besides myself, so if it came out as such, I apologize. Still, the "no imagination or compassion" comment was more than a little bit hurtful.

I do believe that some people can have fully sincere romantic relationships in high school. Just not me, for whatever reason. I should have phrased that better, and I'm sorry that it came out in such an insulting fashion. What I meant to communicate is that, as a result of my own physical properties, especially age, I have never experienced actual love. I'm sorry.

You're not the only one. When I was in High School, I just sorta blended in. I wasn't really one who had a girlfriend or anything I just sorta existed. Due to my looks and (probably more so) my head telling me on a constant basis that I will never be good enough to get a girlfriend which leads to me being shy and never being able to talk to anyone much less a girl , has me never experiencing actual love myself.

At this point I don't care if she's a Pegasister or not. As long as she just accepts it and maybe agrees to watch just one episode, that's fine with me. I don't think it's too much to ask to find a girlfriend who actually doesn't mind that I am a Brony.

BTW congratulations on finding a girlfriend who's a Pegasister. I can barely find any Bronies here, much less become friends with any of them.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...
On 2013-02-26 at 8:54 PM, Quiles said:

During the middle of my transformation phase, when I was going from mild hater to rabid brony, I text my girlfriend of one and a half years

"Oh god help me, I'm turning into a brony"

Her response

"Lol, that show is amazing, I'm a pegasister ya know"

"WHAT???"

Wow! That's amazing!