Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Brony Athletes?

Brandon Lew

I know I apologize for making my first posts about athletics and stuff, but I really wanna make some brony friends who are also athletes, *even better if they play tennis :D*

Anywho, yea where are them Brony Athletes /:)? 

Ohh yea btw, Luna is my favorite ;)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

As it stands, I'm just a casual weightlifter. Counts though, right? When I get into better shape I wanna join my uni's rugby club, though. :)

BTW I think this is more fit for General Discussion than Sugarcube Corner.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1

I used to run, but I haven't for a few months. It's been so damn cold. Hopefully I'll start up again later this month, when it isn't that cold.

• Brohoof 1

I used to run, but I haven't for a few months. It's been so damn cold. Hopefully I'll start up again later this month, when it isn't that cold.

Actually I like running in cold weather because I wont get tired easy like in hot weather!

Well we all know us humans are warm-blooded!

• Brohoof 1

I guess I could consider myself an athelete. I do Karate and Taekwondo, Taekwondo being an official Olympic Sport, so yeah xD. I go to tournaments most of the time, so I'm not really one of those guys who does little to nothing in Martial Arts.

• Brohoof 1

I am in waaaaaiiiiittttttt for IT MARCHING BAND!!!!! I play the trumpet and it is amazing! The feel of the brass and the feeling as you march off of that feild, you leave a piece of you on the feild. So yea I'm kinda an athelete...

• Brohoof 2

So far I've gotten some great replies :D!

I've been doing this on my posts, but again, I really want to make the Brony Athletes Facebook page blow-up :) So you are all welcome to join http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brony-Athletes/511959675514176?ref=hl

As it stands, I'm just a casual weightlifter. Counts though, right? When I get into better shape I wanna join my uni's rugby club, though. :)

BTW I think this is more fit for General Discussion than Sugarcube Corner.

Haha that's still being an athlete in my books :), good luck in your progression, I can't wait to hear the news when you come back to tell us you made it in the rugby club :D!

Running is great :D!, it is a little more difficult to get up and out to go for a run when it is a bit cold so I can understand haha, it'll get warmer once spring and summer hit again though.

Actually I like running in cold weather because I wont get tired easy like in hot weather!

Well we all know us humans are warm-blooded!

Haha, there is some truth behind that lols, I know in tennis, I can last a bit longer when it's cold...although it takes me longer to warm up though lols

I guess I could consider myself an athelete. I do Karate and Taekwondo, Taekwondo being an official Olympic Sport, so yeah xD. I go to tournaments most of the time, so I'm not really one of those guys who does little to nothing in Martial Arts.

Nice! That's awesome too :D, haha I always wanted to learn Taekwondo, I know some Jeet Kune Do, since my dad is really good at it, but I'm no where near your level in martial arts haha

I do play baseball. I would love to see a professional athlete say that he's a brony. Like an NFL player, NASCAR driver or even Wwe

Baseball is a great sport too :), lot's of teamwork involved and a great sense of position, since each player has a position to play and do their part :), awesome haha! and yea I'd love a professional athlete to say they were a brony :).

I used to play basketball, but that was a long time ago lol

I'm too lazy to play any sports now XD

Well actually i did karate for like 6 years, but that's not really a sport lol

• Brohoof 1

I am in waaaaaiiiiittttttt for IT MARCHING BAND!!!!! I play the trumpet and it is amazing! The feel of the brass and the feeling as you march off of that feild, you leave a piece of you on the feild. So yea I'm kinda an athelete...

Marching! haha even though I was never part of a marching band, I always know they can get the crowd lively and get the fun started! I love music so I always enjoy a good performance from the marching band :D!

I exercise a bit. Nothing to great, not a bodybuilder, but I try to stay fit.

However, I do play paintball just about every weekend. Just a simple walk-on player at the moment, but maybe I'll be part of a division team someday; who knows? Either way, it's certainly a fun and physically demanding sport to play.

• Brohoof 1

I used to play basketball, but that was a long time ago lol

I'm too lazy to play any sports now XD

Well actually i did karate for like 6 years, but that's not really a sport lol

Haha it's fine :), it sounds like you used to be a pretty active person. Maybe in time you'll find a passion for some physical activity again.

(edited)

I'm not really an athlete, but I walk around all the time and have a record of about 23 miles in an afternoon (my legs hurt like HELL afterwords). Does that count towards something?

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

I exercise a bit. Nothing to great, not a bodybuilder, but I try to stay fit.

However, I do play paintball just about every weekend. Just a simple walk-on player at the moment, but maybe I'll be part of a division team someday; who knows? Either way, it's certainly a fun and physically demanding sport to play.

I agree! paintball to me is pretty fun haha, Although I've been more into airsofting, I always loved the atmosphere in the paintball scene more haha. And good luck to you and your paintball passion :D

I'm not an athlete per se, but I do play some sports. I played for a few softball teams in local leagues, as well as played badminton during my freshman year of high school. I'm an active swimmer, so every other day in the summer I hit the pool and practice my awesome breast stroke. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really an athlete, but I walk around all the time and have a record of about 23 miles in an afternoon (my legs hurt like HELL afterwords). Does that count towards something?

Haha, I'll be honest! I don't think I'd be walking after 15 miles xD, 23 miles is a long a$$ walk! So YES! that counts toward being a boss at walking long distances :)

I'm not an athlete per se, but I do play some sports. I played for a few softball teams in local leagues, as well as played badminton during my freshman year of high school. I'm an active swimmer, so every other day in the summer I hit the pool and practice my awesome breast stroke. 

Well as far as I'm concerned, I consider you an athlete at the least. You seem very active :)! haha keep it up! I also like swimming although my horrible tan lines make me feel weird when I go to the pool lols!

I used to play baseball in a little league when I was young as a pitcher, but I stopped.  I tried lacrosse in Middle School as an attack, but stopped that too.  

In present day, I consider myself a runner, a fencer, an ultimate frisbee player, and a badminton player.  

I fenced competitively for about 6 years, and I still pick up my sabre (or epee) every once in a while now because it's a sport I enjoy.  I run for distance, not speed.  I'll sprint occasionally if I have a reason too (like ultimate frisbee), but usually I just run long-distance.  Badminton, however, is probably my favorite sport.  I play on a serious level.  In fact, I actually get somewhat annoyed when people write off badminton as a "lame" sport, proclaiming it's "boring", and "easy".  If you've ever seen what badminton is really like, you'll understand that it's an explosive sport, and requires a lot of coordination and physical mobility.  Not that silly stuff people do in gym class.

Here's a video of what I mean.  This is what badminton is SUPPOSED to look like: 

Doubles are typically faster paced: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn5RTGkfFI4

• Brohoof 1

Welllll.....

Tennis,Soccer,Hockey,Swimming ....  *cough*

And some hiking every now and then, I love to camp under the stars...

Bronies have wide varieties of talents...from Art to sport and singing to animation...

Im sure you will find some other Brony athletes to talk too while playing Tennis

• Brohoof 1

I am a Runner, I love Cross country and Track. My first year of XC I made it to state and got 23!!! I am also a wrestler. ive been varsity for the Three years of my high school career.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love sports and have participated in many over the years.

Basketball is my favorite, been playing on teams since I joined Boosters in 1999. I actually remember watching old NBA on NBC games with Michael Jordan and just thinking that I wanted to be like him someday. Weeellllll, times change and I went into the animation interests lol, but that still didn't stop me from playing the game. I am currently in a college league but not on a team. The guys in the NCAA are waaaaay too talented over me lol.

I discovered I loved running when I was in middle school, and so I joined both the Cross Country and Track teams around 2006. Again, haven't stopped since and I have been in a lot of invitationals, half-marathons, and overall just for fun runs! I think my fastest mile time is a 5:58 and my 5K PR is like 20:46. Not bad considering I was sssslllooowwww as hell during my first year. I remember running like a 36 minute 3 mile lol.

I've also done Lacrosse (which I've recently taking a renewed interest in), Cross Country Skiing (for only one year, thought that sucked :P), Bowling (Still do but recreationally), Archery (Again, recreationally but I once was in a high school league for it but they cancelled it in my Freshman year >.>), and Soccer (Thought that sucked and quit mid-season lol).

Basically, the only major sport that I didn't really like in high school was Football and Wrestling, and that's because I'm not a muscular guy by any means. I tried getting into Tennis but I wasn't fast enough for those damn lob serves haha.

Edited by AegisReflector
  • Brohoof 1

My main sport is table tennis. Yes, it's a sport :blink:  If you play matches for a few hours straight, table tennis can actually be quite intense. I'm improving pretty fast, and I hope I can make it onto my school's Varsity team next year. This year I was in Junior Varsity.

The only more physically demanding sport I do is jump roping. I guess it's not so much a sport but more of just an excercise. A couple of times a week when I take a break from homework, I would do 1000 jumps, usually splitting into sets of 200 or more. 

Other sports I do is jogging on the threadmill(sometimes) and swimming once a week. I never jog outside, because in where I'm living now I would probably get hit by a car.

• Brohoof 1

Myself, i play Tennis for my school and outside of school.

I've been playing Tennis since i was in the 7th grade. Tennis is what i like to play and it's what im best at.

I was offered the opportunity to move into JV1 from JV2, but i said no, i will stick with JV2, because there is people on my team that i want to see improve(Rarley have i seen them improve at all) and still hang out with. But i may or may not be able to play again my Junior year which is next year.

If you play Tennis, Brohoof this post! :)

• Brohoof 2

Myself, i play Tennis for my school and outside of school.

I've been playing Tennis since i was in the 7th grade. Tennis is what i like to play and it's what im best at.

I was offered the opportunity to move into JV1 from JV2, but i said no, i will stick with JV2, because there is people on my team that i want to see improve(Rarley have i seen them improve at all) and still hang out with. But i may or may not be able to play again my Junior year which is next year.

If you play Tennis, Brohoof this post! :)

Haha coincidentally I do play tennis :). I actually play college tennis lols, I play for Chabot College as their #2 doubles and #2/3 singles ;)