Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"For Twilight (Trixie's Song)" [new music]

Dreamsong

(edited)

Hi everypony!

Some ponies have suggested that I have one thread for info on new music and such...! img-1252547-1-smile.png

Newest songs will be added here, with newest closest to the top... along with links to the more detailed post/reply about the newest submissions themselves, inside the spoilers! img-1252547-2-biggrin.png

-- Amadhia "Dreamsong"

For Twilight (Trixie's Song)

(parody of "For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her" by Simon and Garfunkel)

https://pony.fm/tracks/1020-for-twilight-trixiessong

Talk Like Zecora (parody of "Walk Like an Egyptian")

http://mlpforums.com/topic/52832-alone-lunas-song-dreamsongs-music-thread/page-3#entry1587191

https://pony.fm/tracks/997-talk-like-zecora-parody-of-walk-like-an-egyptian

Alone - Luna's Song

http://mlpforums.com/topic/52832-dreamsongs-music-thread/?p=1485471

https://pony.fm/tracks/807-alone-lunas-song-fox-amoore-dreamsong

PMV featuring drawings by Silverquill

My Equestria

http://mlpforums.com/topic/52832-new-music-young-folks-amadhiadreamsong-freewave/page-2#entry1448859

Young Folks

http://mlpforums.com/topic/52832-new-music-young-folks-amadhiadreamsong-freewave/page-2#entry1457851

King Sombra

http://mlpforums.com/topic/56871-king-sombra-freewave-dreamsong-goldfinger-cover/

Celestia's Ballad - Transformation Remix

http://mlpforums.com/topic/55213-freewave-dreamsong-celestias-ballad-transformation-remix/

Mad Mares

http://mlpforums.com/topic/53670-mad-mares-vocal-cover/

On Pegasus Wings

I've posted my first song to Pony.fm! img-1252547-3-biggrin.png

https://pony.fm/tracks/251-on-pegasus-wings

I originally wrote new lyrics to John Denver's "Eagles and Horses" several months ago; but when I first recorded it, my voice was pretty weak from surgery.  So I re-recorded it after massaging the lyrics a bit. img-1252547-4-smile.png

When I first wrote the pony lyrics, I was thinking about how myself and others who feel so connected with the world of MLP:FiM may be bound in imperfect bodies.  But that our spirits aren't bound by our physical bodies, and how in spirit we are as free as any pegasus... as majestic as any alicorn.  And even though we're here on this world, we can still strive toward the goodness we see in the MLP world.

After creating my ponysona OC, I liked to imagine her singing to colts and fillys who might be wishing they could fly like their pegasus friends... or singing it for ponies who may have physical limitations themselves.

------------------------------

"On Pegasus Wings"

(from "Eagles and Horses" by John Denver)

Ponies of air and ponies of Earth
We gallop on hooves of ivory;
And I may be a dreamer constrained by my birth –

But my heart, it can fly; it is free!

Our bodies are merely the shells of our souls –

Inside us is that which is true;

Like a Pony who leads her lost sister back home,
Like a best-friend who dreamed that we flew.

I had a vision of Pegasus Ponies
High on a ridge in a race with the wind,
Soaring higher and higher and faster and faster
With Pegasus Ponies I’m flying again.

In Cloudsdale they live in their heavenly heights
They know neither limit nor bound
They’re the guardian angels of thunder and light
And bring rainfall to us on the ground.

Our spirits will never be broken nor caught
For the soul is a free-flying thing
A Pegasus needing no effort nor thought
To rise up on glorious wings!

High on a ridge in a race with the wind,
With Pegasus Ponies we're flying again!

Our bodies are merely the shells of our souls

Inside us is that which is true;

Like Pegasai leading their sisters back home,
Like best-friends who dreamed that we flew.

Our spirits will never be broken nor caught
For the soul is a majestic thing
An Alicorn needing no effort nor thought
To rise up on glorious wings!

High on a ridge in a race with the wind
With Pegasus Ponies we're flying again!

Edited by Dreamsong
  • Brohoof 21

Wow..you have a really pretty singing voice. I don't listen to a ton of brony music but this is actually really really good. I like how soothing it sounds while being actually very dynamic.

Brilliant work- you have beautiful control and skill with singing! Keep it up! (: Have you considered doing more songs like this?

• Brohoof 3

Wow..you have a really pretty singing voice. I don't listen to a ton of brony music but this is actually really really good. I like how soothing it sounds while being actually very dynamic.

Brilliant work- you have beautiful control and skill with singing! Keep it up! (: Have you considered doing more songs like this?

Thank you so much, that means a lot!! <3 <3

I'm not very good at writing melodies, or even lyrics, (this just came to me all in a rush -- like it just had to be sung).

I much prefer working with others and singing things that they've written. :)

I hope to be able to find other brony musicians to team-up with -- I'd just love to do more pony-themed songs!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thank you so much, that means a lot!! <3 <3

I'm not very good at writing melodies, or even lyrics, (this just came to me all in a rush -- like it just had to be sung).

I much prefer working with others and singing things that they've written. :)

I hope to be able to find other brony musicians to team-up with -- I'd just love to do more pony-themed songs!

Well everyone starts somewhere! The lyrics you used in this song were absolutely perfect and frankly, it'd be interesting to see a brony make ponified versions of songs. I'm not sure if somebody's already on that, but just from this song- it seems like something you're really talented at!

Seriously- you should try to get in contact with collaborating brony musicians and see if maybe you can sing lyrics for songs they've already composed! I'm sure there's plenty of people who would be interested in working with your skill!

Edited by fluffpudge
  • Brohoof 1

that is wonderful...

usually not even close to any brony music I listened to (I usually prefer other directions), but you have a wonderful voice...

Soft when it fits, very powerful, and clear :D it´s just beautiful...

The lyrics are very well written and... I don´t know xD, it all goes along so well.

Great work, please keep doing those, it´s lovely :wub:

(oh, and a :very late: welcome!)

• Brohoof 1

Well everyone starts somewhere! The lyrics you used in this song were absolutely perfect and frankly, it'd be interesting to see a brony make ponified versions of songs. I'm not sure if somebody's already on that, but just from this song- it seems like something you're really talented at!

Seriously- you should try to get in contact with collaborating brony musicians and see if maybe you can sing lyrics for songs they've already composed! I'm sure there's plenty of people who would be interested in working with your skill!

*nodnods*  This is true... and if it's something that others within the ponyverse would be interested in... I'll most definitely keep listening to songs with that in mind! :)

OOooch, I'd love to get in contact with other brony musicians to collaborate!! <3   (I just don't yet know where to find them.)

I'm pretty new to the herd.. I've been quietly enjoying things from a distance for months and months, but I just needed to connect with other bronies and pegasis's, and so here I am. :)

that is wonderful...

usually not even close to any brony music I listened to (I usually prefer other directions), but you have a wonderful voice...

Soft when it fits, very powerful, and clear :D it´s just beautiful...

The lyrics are very well written and... I don´t know xD, it all goes along so well.

Great work, please keep doing those, it´s lovely :wub:

(oh, and a :very late: welcome!)

OOoooh!  Thank you so much!  *blush*  It really means a lot!

(I know it must seem like it goes without saying, but it's really awesome to have found a place where doing pony-themed songs is a good thing!!!  <3 <3 )

Oh, and yaah, that style was pretty far out of my usual repitiore -- I usually do a lot of jazz, some pop, a bit of Celtic, and some symphonic metal.

This is really well done and i gotta say the best track I've heard from you yet. Atmospheric and beautiful. Those instruments are top notch too.

Kinda remind me of Miu (who didn't stick around that long sadly).

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ooch, thank you so much!  <3

It's just something that poured right out without thinking about it!  <3   (I didn't even know if anypony else would even like it, it being more folk or even country than dancy. :)

It's so great to find others who also find happiness in what makes ya purr inside! <3 <3 <3

(The instruments are just the standard set for Cakewalks X1 - Studio, with the LinuxSampler piano gigasample. :) )

Oh wow, Miu's work is beautiful!  Thank you for sharing it!  (It's too bad she's gone off on other paths.)

wow...just wow...

This has definitely jumped to one of my favorite songs from the Brony community recently. Keep it up, your really talented at what you do! :)

• Brohoof 1

I love this song! You've got an amazing singing voice, it's very soothing. And the lyrics and melody, too! They were gorgeous. Keep it up. smile.png

Thank you so very much!  I'm very flattered!  (I just love your avatar image, by the way!)

The song just came to me all in a rush one day... I really look forward to doing more!  <3

Oh... Wow... I don't even know what to say... It's just amazing. I don't know how it is, but your voice is perfect to go with the wispy tone of the song. The song eminates beautiful freedom, and it's just plain good.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh... Wow... I don't even know what to say... It's just amazing. I don't know how it is, but your voice is perfect to go with the wispy tone of the song. The song eminates beautiful freedom, and it's just plain good.

Ooooch, thank you so verra much!  <3 <3 <3

I'm so glad the freedom I felt in my heart in my secret wish that I could be free like a pegasus pony... I'm so very glad that came through!  <3

(I remember seeing a picture a quiet moment between Ditzy/Derpy and The Doctor where Ditzy is laying against the Doctor, crying, and she is saying, "I don't want to be special any more."  And my heart just broke for her right there... I was like, "Oh hun... I know so very much what you mean."

(...And it fit so well with this song... that no matter if our bodies may not be what we wish that they were... our spirits can fly, they are free.  <3 )

Edited by Dreamsong

• 5 weeks later...

Great Job on this dreamsong, you've definitely got a sweet voice. The instrumental track can be worked on though as it's holding you back imo.

• Brohoof 1

You have such a beautiful voice Dreamsong. Seriously. Its so soothing and just yeah. :P

I wish I had even half of your talent :P. I'm thinking of doing some covers on Pony.FM myself, but I'm not really that great so I'm not sure. 

I might do it anyway, just to see how it turns out. But I'm still pretty eh as a singer.

Anyways enough about me, your lyrics are great, your singing is awesome, the instrumentals are great, great song overall :).

• Brohoof 1

Great Job on this dreamsong, you've definitely got a sweet voice. The instrumental track can be worked on though as it's holding you back imo.

Thanks so much! Yes, I agree with you that the instrumentals are not great.  Being a singer and having to otherwise rely on other musicians to sing with, when there's a song I really want to do and no one to sing to, I do the best I can. :/

I'm working with a real Brony musician who's re-doing the music for this song, hopefully we'll be done with the new version of it in a few weeks! :D

You have such a beautiful voice Dreamsong. Seriously. Its so soothing and just yeah. tongue.png

I wish I had even half of your talent tongue.png. I'm thinking of doing some covers on Pony.FM myself, but I'm not really that great so I'm not sure. 

I might do it anyway, just to see how it turns out. But I'm still pretty eh as a singer.

Anyways enough about me, your lyrics are great, your singing is awesome, the instrumentals are great, great song overall smile.png.

Ooooch, thank you so much, Zygen!  You are so sweet!  *hugs*

I'm verra, verra flattered! <3

It was just a song that I felt deep in my heart and felt needed to be sung! :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Haha i'm not a real brony musician! but I could help out with an instrumental later down the road if you need it. perhaps youd lend me a voice later at another time.

Edited by Coconeru
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Your voice has a brilliantly melodious feel and I would simply love to work with you some time. If you would like, you could message me and we can discuss the possibility of creating music together. I believe our voices are very compatible.

Edited by NekromantiaFox
  • Brohoof 1

Haha i'm not a real brony musician! but I could help out with an instrumental later down the road if you need it. perhaps youd lend me a voice later at another time.

Oooch, that sounds like fun! :D

What instrument do you play?  (I used to play the flute a while ago, but I've been getting so much into singing that I've really let that slip. :/ )

Your voice has a brilliantly melodious feel and I would simply love to work with you some time. If you would like, you could message me and we can discuss the possibility of creating music together. I believe our voices are very compatible.

Oh, thank you so much!

I'd love to collaborate with you on something!  Do you have anything in mind already?

(I'm wrapping-up the first episode of an MLP radio-drama series I'm writing and acting in... so I may be a little slow to respond until it's done in two weeks, but I'd love to do a song with ya! :D )

Oooch, that sounds like fun! biggrin.png

What instrument do you play?  (I used to play the flute a while ago, but I've been getting so much into singing that I've really let that slip. :/ )

haha I was totally kidding about not being a musician XD I play Cello Piano Guitar Ukulele and I'm a classically trained tenor, also a voice teacher. 

You can check out my channel here ;3 http://www.youtube.com/user/Coconeru?feature=watch

• Brohoof 1

Oooch, that sounds like fun! biggrin.png

Oh, thank you so much!

I'd love to collaborate with you on something!  Do you have anything in mind already?

(I'm wrapping-up the first episode of an MLP radio-drama series I'm writing and acting in... so I may be a little slow to respond until it's done in two weeks, but I'd love to do a song with ya! biggrin.png )

Actually, I'm learning to play the flute right now XD I used to know how to play the guitar, but I haven't in a pretty long while. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to learn a new song though. I, too, normally just sing.

• Brohoof 1

haha I was totally kidding about not being a musician XD I play Cello Piano Guitar Ukulele and I'm a classically trained tenor, also a voice teacher. 

You can check out my channel here ;3 http://www.youtube.com/user/Coconeru?feature=watch

Oh my gosh, that's awesome!! :D

And oh goodness, yes, I'd love to do some work with you at some point!

(Here's a soundtrack-style piece I did last year:

http://d.facdn.net/art/dreamsong/music/1355429875.dreamsong_revolution.mp3

Score, lyrics and performance by Fox Amoore

Lead vocals by me. :) )

Actually, I'm learning to play the flute right now XD I used to know how to play the guitar, but I haven't in a pretty long while. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to learn a new song though. I, too, normally just sing.

Awesome...!  Flute is _such_ a beautiful instrument.  How long have you been playing? :)

Oh!  Just out of curiosity, what range do you sing?

Oh my gosh, that's awesome!! biggrin.png

And oh goodness, yes, I'd love to do some work with you at some point!

(Here's a soundtrack-style piece I did last year:

http://d.facdn.net/art/dreamsong/music/1355429875.dreamsong_revolution.mp3

Score, lyrics and performance by Fox Amoore

Lead vocals by me. smile.png )

Awesome...!  Flute is _such_ a beautiful instrument.  How long have you been playing? smile.png

Oh!  Just out of curiosity, what range do you sing?

Like...a month

It kind of depends on what I'm singing. I can sing deep very comfortably, but, if I tune a little bit before I sing, I can also sing very high soprano. I have a pretty wide range, but sometimes it's difficult to transition properly from the two.