Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Arylett Charnoa

This is a request I did for a buddy of mine named Legendary Emerald for the cover of his fanfic, The Subordinate Six. I don't really read fanfiction, but I sure did enjoy making a cover for a story despite the fact that I typically only draw OCs. It's something I'll likely be doing in the future once more:

post-809-0-54880200-1363236220_thumb.png

• Brohoof 17

I love Lyra's expression - it exudes a tremendous amount of "omgomgomgomg", while I can almost imagine Bon Bon's expression being reflective of her being a bit embarrassed by Lyra's ridiculous enthusiasm.

That's my headcanon. Don't mess with it. plz.

This is really good. But I'm confused. I thought you had left us Arylett.

Not that you shouldn't be here. Just, I haven't kept up with current events as well as I should.

EDIT Okay so I read your blog stating that you're back. I'm a moron. I know Zoop would agree with the fact I'm a moron.

Edited by Keypassion

I've seen this before, and this is an awesome piece of art, which also reminds me that I should finish reading Emerald's fanfic, though I keep forgetting to.

Love the shading and idea. The only criticism is that it looks very empty. I would be perfect if there were a couple ponies in the background or something.

Also when did you get back Arylett?

Derp, I didn't see your status.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

Fascinating! I really like the shadow effects you did with lyra and bon bon!

PS: What's the fanfiction about? Shipping? Cause I'm interested!img-1270464-1-wink.png

Thanks! I'm glad you like the shadow effects. That was my first time trying that type of shading. I'll keep on doing it for big pieces like this one.

As for the story's plot (NOT THAT SORT OF PLOT YOU SICKOS) really have no idea. From what I've heard though, it's some sort of comedy. Here it is on FiMFiction should anypony want to see for themselves.

Lyra and Bon Bon hit Las Pegasus? Oh I gotta read that. Lyra does seem like the type to gamble away all her bits. I love their little backpack things.

It does seem like an interesting idea. And thanks! I had a lot of trouble with Lyra's, because well, I was specifically told to make it a backpack and not a saddlebag. But I'm glad it turned out well.

I love Lyra's expression - it exudes a tremendous amount of "omgomgomgomg", while I can almost imagine Bon Bon's expression being reflective of her being a bit embarrassed by Lyra's ridiculous enthusiasm.

That's my headcanon. Don't mess with it. plz.

I'm glad i managed to capture LE's instructions of Lyra looking excited well. I think he did tell me to draw her more uneasy and uncertain, so perhaps she is actually embarrassed.

As for your headcanon, I would never mess with it. Because your head is bald and that would hurt.

This is really good. But I'm confused. I thought you had left us Arylett.

Not that you shouldn't be here. Just, I haven't kept up with current events as well as I should.

EDIT Okay so I read your blog stating that you're back. I'm a moron. I know Zoop would agree with the fact I'm a moron.

Hee hee, it's okay. Easy to miss. Thank you. :)

I've seen this before, and this is an awesome piece of art, which also reminds me that I should finish reading Emerald's fanfic, though I keep forgetting to.

Thanks! And reminds me of the same thing as well.

Love the shading and idea. The only criticism is that it looks very empty. I would be perfect if there were a couple ponies in the background or something.

Also when did you get back Arylett?

Derp, I didn't see your status.

The reason it's so empty is because I followed LE's instructions to the letter. He told me a very specific way to draw the drawing, and I wanted to capture his vision as much as possible, because I hadn't read the story so I didn't really know what it was about. For the future when I draw a city though, I'll keep that in mind.

If this whole not knowing I'm back thing is gonna become a trend, I might have to link to my blog in my signature.

I absolutly love this! The shading is really well done and the perspective is nice as well! biggrin.png the only problem I see are the face angles but that's pretty much it :3 

Thank you, and thanks so much for the criticism. I have a lot of trouble with pony face angles, and whilst I think Lyra's looks decent, I agree Bon Bon's is a bit off. It's something I'll work on in the future.

Thanks! I'm glad you like the shadow effects. That was my first time trying that type of shading. I'll keep on doing it for big pieces like this one.

As for the story's plot (NOT THAT SORT OF PLOT YOU SICKOS) really have no idea. From what I've heard though, it's some sort of comedy. Here it is on FiMFiction should anypony want to see for themselves.

It does seem like an interesting idea. And thanks! I had a lot of trouble with Lyra's, because well, I was specifically told to make it a backpack and not a saddlebag. But I'm glad it turned out well.

I'm glad i managed to capture LE's instructions of Lyra looking excited well. I think he did tell me to draw her more uneasy and uncertain, so perhaps she is actually embarrassed.

As for your headcanon, I would never mess with it. Because your head is bald and that would hurt.

Hee hee, it's okay. Easy to miss. Thank you. smile.png

Thanks! And reminds me of the same thing as well.

The reason it's so empty is because I followed LE's instructions to the letter. He told me a very specific way to draw the drawing, and I wanted to capture his vision as much as possible, because I hadn't read the story so I didn't really know what it was about. For the future when I draw a city though, I'll keep that in mind.

If this whole not knowing I'm back thing is gonna become a trend, I might have to link to my blog in my signature.

Thank you, and thanks so much for the criticism. I have a lot of trouble with pony face angles, and whilst I think Lyra's looks decent, I agree Bon Bon's is a bit off. It's something I'll work on in the future.

Cool thnx! Not a sicko by the way, just asking.sad.png

I may like shipping, but I don't clop or do anything, I just read them cause there adorable at times!wub.png   

Cool thnx! Not a sicko by the way, just asking.img-1271420-2-sad.png

I may like shipping, but I don't clop or do anything, I just read them cause there adorable at times!img-1271420-3-wub.png   

It's all cool, man. I was just joking. :P I just don't know if it's actually a shipfic.

Oh and those who want to read the fic? I found out that the fic's actually posted right here on the forums. So here is the link to that thread. Go give LE your love if you like it!

This is really amazing. Like seriously this looks really great :D. I love love love the expressions on Lyra and bon bon's faces :D.

Great job, for not normally drawing anything but OC's you did a darn good job :).

Keep up the good work!

Wow! It's always nice to see your work, even though your avatar is the only thing I've seen before this. the shading is great, you did a good job on the background, and I love the expressions on their faces. You did such an amazing job with this, Arylett.