Do you like to go clubbing?

Planty

143 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like to go clubbing?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • Underage

One does not simply dance to Industrial.

One must stomp

One does not simply dance to Goth.

Very different dancing styles for sure. Cannot state how many times i danced to this one:

Goth with balls!

Or something a bit slower....

• Brohoof 1

Very different dancing styles for sure. Cannot state how many times i danced to this one:

Goth with balls!

I think playing that song at least once every club night is a right of passage for every Goth club ever. 

That, and also this:

It's actually ridiculous how much these two songs get played. But they are awesome.

I do wish clubs would play more Pretentious, Moi? They're incredibly underrated.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like clubs at all. Too many sawgfags and wannabe gangsters.
I do however like to go to bars.
The bars I normally go to on an average saturday night usually include "The flyer", "1001fights", and "The Ravens Nest".
"The flyer" is my warmup a few beers and the like.
"1001fights" is the place I go to get Drunk and listen to music.
"The Ravens nest" is the grand finale Because almost always a band is on stage in the back area which is really just a large 20m x 25m room with a small stage and amp setup at the back.

The main reasons I like bars is its somewhere that a few friends and I can go to have a few drinks chill out and talk. You can have a conversation without having to deal with loud annoying music. I can also do things like play pool, darts, or watch whatever sports game is on the TV.

Clubs, however, are; loud, annoying, overpriced, and smell of sweat and cigarettes. The music is always some overproduced distorted bs that you hear literally EVERYWHERE nowadays. And dont even get me started on the sluts and douche-bags.

I'll have to upload a pic of my old clubbing jacket later Hansel. Leather jacket with band names all over them (Sisters of Mercy, Skinny Puppy, Delerium, FLA, DCD). Hangs on my wall now in my music room. smile.png

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

Actually all depends on the type of party or "club" when i think of club i think of smooth jazz and cigarette smoke and a calming and relaxing environment.... that's what i like!

I don't like clubs at all. Too many sawgfags and wannabe gangsters.

I do however like to go to bars.

The bars I normally go to on an average saturday night usually include "The flyer", "1001fights", and "The Ravens Nest".

"The flyer" is my warmup a few beers and the like.

"1001fights" is the place I go to get Drunk and listen to music.

"The Ravens nest" is the grand finale Because almost always a band is on stage in the back area which is really just a large 20m x 25m room with a small stage and amp setup at the back.

The main reasons I like bars is its somewhere that a few friends and I can go to have a few drinks chill out and talk. You can have a conversation without having to deal with loud annoying music. I can also do things like play pool, darts, or watch whatever sports game is on the TV.

Clubs, however, are; loud, annoying, overpriced, and smell of sweat and cigarettes. The music is always some overproduced distorted bs that you hear literally EVERYWHERE nowadays. And dont even get me started on the sluts and douche-bags.

Sounds like YOU should find a club that plays the music you would like to hear and with a crowd you could better relate to. I won't kid you even in my heyday there were only a couple of clubs that i'd WANT to go to as i avoided the contemporary, popular stuff for stuff that was more retro, alternative, or electronic. On those times I got dragged somewhere else i generally didn't like the music or the people.

Edited by Freewave

I've only ever been to a club once, but unless I'm dragged there by some friends I won't be going again. It wasn't a completely awful night, but I knew it wasn't my scene the second I walked in the door. First, I don't dance, the overly loud music doesn't appeal to me (I don't like having to literally yell straight into my friend's ear to talk), and the people there... You get that feeling they're just not your type of people. I did drink while I was there, which helped me loosen up, but I felt like I had to keep drinking to even tolerate the environment (spent way too much on drinks).

Surprisingly, I met up with an old friend there and got to catch up with him. Since it was impossible to hold a conversation with the music, we had to go to the smoker's area outside to chat (and I don't smoke). Second surprise, we met some cool people out there and ended up having a better time hanging outside the club rather than dancing inside.

In the end, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'd rather hang out with a smaller group of friends at a bar or someone's house than go 'clubbing' again. 

Sounds like YOU should find a club that plays the music you would like to hear and with a crowd you could better relate to. I won't kid you even in my heyday there were only a couple of clubs that i'd WANT to go to as i avoided the contemporary, popular stuff for stuff that was more retro, alternative, or electronic. On those times I got dragged somewhere else i generally didn't like the music or the people.

I'm a metal head. so its really hard to find a good club nearby.

But i suppose you could say "ravens nest" is close to a club. Its just cheaper.

I'm a metal head. so its really hard to find a good club nearby.

But i suppose you could say "ravens nest" is close to a club. Its just cheaper.

Well that's a huge issue then. They are called dance clubs and metal is rarely used in dance form at all so you're a bit outta luckk. At least until Industrial Rock/Metal comes back.

Edited by Freewave

Actually, some of the clubs I go to have Metal floors, sets, or Metal nights on a different day. Mind you, one of them had an "Extreme Metal floor" which wasn't extreme... at all.

I was expecting frostbitten Black Metal from the furthest reaches of Scandinavia.

I got Disturbed. 

Edited by Hansel

• 2 months later...

No. I have a mild case of Potophobia, so I don't have much of a reason to go clubbing in the first place. Plus, the type of people I would meet there probably aren't the type I would like to be friends with...

I suppose it is good for some people who like it but I would not fit in a club scene... Yeah and I don't plan on it. I am a really quiet person and really shy at that so I certainly would feel out of place. Not only that I don't like the majority of music they play at clubs... so it certainly works for others I am just not one of them. I would rather go somewhere with a few of my friends have a few drinks and relax or something along those lines seem like a better time to me than clubbing.

(edited)

Ok, I'm going to make a new post, and change my vote if I could.

Remember how I said I didn't go to the under-21 clubs in Chicago?

I did, and I'm glad I did. I still have social anxiety, but I forced myself to go. First time was pretty bad. I went alone and was a wall flower the whole night, but I got out there. The second time was better, I went with a lady friend the night they had a foam party. She's pretty much a "bro," if that makes sense. We're really good friends and we spent the night dancing. She's pretty shy, too, and she was wanting to go, so we decided we could kind of support each other all night.

And you know what ended up happening? We kissed, and I had my first kiss. We ended the night still as friends, but a little bit closer than we entered the place. 

And it wouldn't have happened had I not gone with her that night. 

Yes, clubbing can be sucky. It can be noisy and filled with douches, but it's also a good opportunity to have fun and pretty much play with other people (because that's what dancing is...play, an exchange of positive energy), if you go with the RIGHT PEOPLE.

So yeah. That's my story. I came. I saw. I kissed. And I'm glad I did it. smile.png

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 2

I prefer to use a mace. The metal head makes a more satisfying impact.

Okay, stupid jokes aside. I used to go clubbing on occasion, twenty years ago. Usually being dragged to one of Toronto's gay clubs by my friends. It was amusing being the one straight guy in the club.

I don't like clubbing, I get claustrophobic when surrounded by people so naturally a crowded club where everyone is pushing up against each other is not a place I like being, I tolerate clubs for a while early in the night whilst they are not packed, but only if I have enough alcohol in my system, I also dislike club music.

(edited)

Clubbing wouldn't be a thing that I'd do for fun because I'm a rubbish dancer and I don't drink alcohol. I'd much prefer to spend a weekend playing a lot of video games then to go to a noisy crowded place with not so good music. 

Edited by NightOwl

i love to go clubbin'!

i go to a club called "huize maas" almost every weekend.

and if i'm not in huize maas, you  can be sure to find me in either of the clubs "pulse" or "ome ko" XD

it's one of the best things to me and it really helps me release the stress of the week.

I went to a club one time full of nothing but hipsters and an indie rock band with my ex fiancé. The club was full of cigarette smoke and I was about to choke to death. Clubbing is exhausting to me, and I could really care less about it.

Clubbing? I don't even know what exactly that means, which may already give you my answer. xD

Partying and drinking I do not do. I'm a social person, but I like going to quiet places with my friends (like their apartments) and enjoying some time together. Parties are loud and obnoxious. Drinking is pointless. That stuff tastes nasty. It's an acquired taste, and it certainly isn't one worth acquiring in my eyes. I have enough problems in my life.

So, no.

I don't really like clubs, I have gone to one once not so long ago. I didn't really like it, mostly because of the alcohol and smoking. Because of my asthma I can't really be around people that are smoking, indirect smoking is just as bad. So I just feel like I'm suffocating at those places.

I actually like the loud music and the ground shaking from the bass, but I just always feel like I'm suffocating at places like that. So I simply can't be there. So it's not really that I like or don't like to go clubbing. I just can't because of that asthma I just feel bad at places were there are too many people.

Given that I'm an EDM fanatic it's inevitable that I'd go to clubs when I'm of age to do so, but ideally I'd be going as a performer and not as a patron. Nothing against dancing, in fact I love dancing to death and I'm not half bad for somebody with no formal training, but I just don't have many friends who are the club type and it's no fun without friends! Don't personally have anything against responsible drinking either, but I wouldn't engage in it to often. I feel horrible the day following any hard liquor. 

Is it weird that when you said clubbing, I thought it meant you killed seals? XD

Nah, im underage. It sounds terrible anyway, normal partys sound way better. Besides, I hate loud music.