Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are there any mlp online games?

jreidsma

Hi everyone :)

Alright, I know mmorpg's and online games are not necessarily the most liked games ever, but I enjoy them somewhat. I have been on a non pony one called runescape for around seven years now, don't play it very much if at all now as I have kind of lost interest in it.

I haven't really tried to RP sections anywhere, don't want to mess anything up or say anything weirdtongue.pnghuh.png

I was looking for a mlp mmorpg or online game to play today, but was rather taken back by the lack of them.  I found a couple but after I would find their websites it would turn out that hasbro had claimed copyright on them forcing them to close the game... angry.png I knew that that had happened with fighting is magic and equestria online but not this many...

This one looked pretty cool in their video but copyright was claimed...

http://mlpfimonline.blogspot.com/

There was one that was 2D and looked promising, Equestria Origins I think? But I cannot find a place to play or download it on their site.

http://equestria-origins.proboards.com/

One may be coming out soon that I am looking forward to possibly; Legions of Equestria. It looks pretty cool from the videos I have seen. I am worried that the minute it gets released copyright will be claimed though and it will end  up like the rest.

http://www.legendsofequestria.com/

This is not meant to be a hasbro complaining thread. And if there is a thread about this alrteady sorry about that.

So is there a online game that I am missing that everyone is playing? I mean everyoe has to be keeping this a secret from me or something ph34r.png  :P

No, not really. However, I do think you should try out Roleplaying. It is very fun and similar to an online game. Don't worry about saying something wrong. People don't really care as long as it isn't an advanced roleplay.

• Brohoof 1

R.I.P. MLP Online.  Game got C&D'd bout month and a half prior to Fighting is Magic.  Last I heard Questria (a 3d MMORPG for ponies) is still in development, but if the past is anything to go by it will get C&D'd shortly before release too.

• Brohoof 1

Oops, forgot to post it. But I am already playing the gameloft app/game. Its rather addicting :)

Questria from what I read was going to be set in a totally different world and everything that MLP to avoid conflict with Hasbro.

Maybe once I get more knowledge in video game designing and coding I can try my hand at making a game.

I am rather new to the MLP community (joined at the biginning of season three) so forgive me if I am wrong about this, but lets say someone, or even me, were to begin a new game. If we contacted Hasbro before releasing it do you think they would go a bit easier on it?

I am doubting it, but hey its worth throwing out there ;):P

I am quite desperate for a MLP MMOG, but having it set in a place outside of Equestria is such a strange thought. Maybe, just maybe, if we notify Hasbro of something like this before starting, we might be given a chance.

Sorry if this looks like a Hasbro complaining post, but I just don't understand why Hasbro can't just ask the creators of these projects to remove all copyrighted material instead of just forcing them to stop development entirely.

• Brohoof 2

I am quite desperate for a MLP MMOG, but having it set in a place outside of Equestria is such a strange thought. Maybe, just maybe, if we notify Hasbro of something like this before starting, we might be given a chance.

Sorry if this looks like a Hasbro complaining post, but I just don't understand why Hasbro can't just ask the creators of these projects to remove all copyrighted material instead of just forcing them to stop development entirely.

A c&d is hasbro asking the developer to remove all copyrighted material hence the reason fighting is magic is still going ahead just without the ponies we know.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm very late for this, but anyone playing the iOS game add me, My ID is: MekkaBrony I send gifts when I can to friends :) god, I hope this isn't classified as something against the rules here, if it is I'm sorry, I'm just very nooby on stuff like this

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Or why Hasbro can't just team up with the creator(s) thus getting more fans of their shows. If people can get a free game of something they enjoy then they would be more willing to go buy the merchandise maybe.

Wait, fighting is magic is still going on? OMG!

The bad thing with having to remove all copyrighted material, is that the copyrighted material would be anything mentioned in the show right?

You can try adding your gameloft name here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/35777-mlpfim-gameloft-app-friends-and-info/page-63#entry1310411

Edited by jreidsma

A c&d is hasbro asking the developer to remove all copyrighted material hence the reason fighting is magic is still going ahead just without the ponies we know.

Since the ponies we know and all the other related content aren't in the game any longer, it doesn't even look like it's the same game. Instead of just stopping all development as Hasbro told them, they basically found a way to work their way around it and continue, but without making it look like the same game at all.

• Brohoof 1

Since the ponies we know and all the other related content aren't in the game any longer, it doesn't even look like it's the same game. Instead of just stopping all development as Hasbro told them, they basically found a way to work their way around it and continue, but without making it look like the same game at all.

because Hasbro had nothing against the game they were against the profiting from copyrighted material witch is literally everything to do with mlp. I dont agree with Hasbros decision its not fair since Hasbro Have not provided a decent official game it doesn't seem fair but when your up against a corporate super power there isnt much we can do to fight it other then pay thousands of pounds/dollars for licencing fees :(

• Brohoof 1