Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Swearing in Class

Stary Dreams

Meh you bronies know what to say.... Hmm... But here is my opinion:

It is rude indeed, but sometimes it is hard to keep it all inside and exactly if you feel like teacher does not understand even after the longest explains.

(edited)

I only swear when I'm really pissed off. tongue.png

But yeah, I don't see the point in swearing 24/7, like most people I know do, and I don't like to swear much myself.

And my school is seriously against swearing, one kid did in one of my classes and he got sent home for the rest of the day and had to go in isolation the next day.

Edited by Vexxy

Somehow he managed to drink a 16 ounce cup of coffee, smoke 5 cigarettes, and swear about 30 times during conversation in the span of 5 minutes. He would also swear in every other sentence during lectures.

That kind of reminds me of this one English teacher I had in college, one thing he would do is we would go over these essays and pick apart what was wrong with them. When we went over them he would really tear them apart he would thrown in a few swear words here and there and even a few suggestive jokes he was a bit of a ball buster but he was also hilarious. One of the best jokes he did was this one about this rather akward wording in this one essay we went over about growing up that made it sound like the author was talking the size of boys her classes er... well you know.

Everyone in my class swears. We only swear when the teacher is out of the room, or in a foreign language that isn't taught (like saying 'kuso' which is Japanese for shit.)

• 7 months later...

I did... right at my teacher... yup. Bitch pissed me off really badly.

So I yelled at her as loud as I could and told her how I was feeling at the time... sure everyone in school heard me say it.. sure I got kicked out for 4days... but hot damn it made me feel good :)

Well I do try to avoid swearing on MLP forums: but when I was at school I swore all the time with my BFF.

I went to a different school for a short time and I remember this nice French teacher and I think I said ‘F it’ or something and the class was shocked: I never swore in front of teachers but that one time I did.

Yeah, when I was in school, a lot of people would curse because we could. When I was in catholic school, pretty much any teacher that wasn't a Friar or really uptight wouldn't care if you swore as long as you kept it down so nobody outside could hear you. Apparently though, Maryland is one of the most vulgar states in the union. Not surprising, however, because Maryland is surrounding a huge bay that was used for transport, thus we swear, quite literally, like sailors. http://www.businessinsider.com/most-polite-and-vulgar-states-2013-5 there's a little article on it, apparently we place 2nd in most vulgar, yet somehow 3rd in most courteous. Weird.

I've done it but never really gotten in trouble for it. Unless you're saying it directly to your teaches you shouldn't have a problem.

That depends, I have had some teachers that have sworn on occasion but I had this one teacher back in high school that would scold you even for mild swears like hell or damn.

• Brohoof 1

Well far back as I remember, I would say "damn it" in front of my teacher, to which I always said "Ooops I'm so sorry" but they would laugh and say its not a big deal. Never cussed uglier then that in a classroom. Outside the hallways sure or outside on the grounds, but never in a classroom.

I swear more than I probably should, but teachers and professors never seemed to mind. Most of them swear in class all the time, and my English professor this year even said that "Belle from Beauty and the Beast was only let out of the dungeon because of her fuckability" It was hysterical as she went on a rant about how toxic Disney is to children and adults alike. I couldn't stop laughing at the awesomeness

I couldn't stop laughing at the awesomeness

Now that is a teacher I am sure you are going to remember, I am taking this health class to meet a requirement for my AA degree and it has two teachers one is a football coach and the other is a swim coach and they tell some rather interesting stories in class some of which do involved some profanity. The swim coach told this one joke about the different religions views on why "shit happens" and my personal favorite is hedonism "there is nothing like a good shit." He also told this story when we were talking about alcohal about how when he was 14 he got wasted with the preachers son at this church he and his family went to. And the football coach said on the first day of class "I know that most of you are just here because this class is a requirement and probably don't really give a shit but I hope you get something out of this."

I do swear but never in front of teachers

When i know they are there

There was this one time were I threw a discus into goose poop.

And I swore quite loudly not noticing the teacher behind me *facehoof*

But i do cuss in class just under my breath when needed such as ive forgotten my book for the fifth time this week >o<

YES I'm scatterbrained! :derp:

• Brohoof 1

No...dear no. I've never sworn. Not at school or at home! I actually just use funny substitutes like fudge, son of Celestia, pickles, sweet beans in a basket, and Discords Chocolate Milk. Yeah..

I used to swear a lot but then I realised there is no need for t and that often what I was saying just lost meaning when I added a swear word to it, so I stopped.

Although I don't like it, I don't mind other people swearing around me, it so common now anyway s.

I really don't like swearing but I've found myself guilty of swearing many times. Tough never to offend anybody. I don't swear with diseases or things ever because I hate how other people can feel bad about it. :)  If somebody tells me that I'm swearing a bit too much I'll watch my language and stop it too.

I'm very casual about swearing, however I don't really do it in front of another person until I know they themselves don't mind. As for class? I never talked much in school or college, so swearing didn't really happen anyways. At work now, however, I swear all the time. As do pretty much everyone I work with. There's a phrase I made up a while back that seems to be pretty accurate. Work at Wal-Mart, no matter who you are, and you'll be saying "fuck" by the time it's done.

One particular example of Swearing at work happened not too long ago... the situation went something like this:

*Support Manager walks by with a pallet of food. The pallet falls over*

Support Manager: Fuck!

*Support manager sees me standing there scanning random boxes*

Support Manager: I dunno how you feel about Swearing, but-

Me, casually: I don't give a fuck. *Continues working without a care*

• Brohoof 1

Work at Wal-Mart, no matter who you are, and you'll be saying "fuck" by the time it's done

LOL that is so hilariously true but I think that is the case for retail in general, people have no idea just stressful and infuriating it can be until they themselves work in retail. I have already mention my potty mouth at work in an earlier post but my position in general would probably make even Ned Flanders from the Simpsons start swearing like a drunken sailor on shore leave. I am a dairy clerk at a grocery store though I am stepping down soon for reasons that would take forever to explain and would cause me to stray way off topic though what I say next will give you one of the main reasons. Every Wednesday the load always comes late and I have to write the order for the next day often without knowing what in the hell I even have back there. I often end up ordering too much for Thursday because of that and have to bring things down for Saturday and can sometimes bring things down too far. The store manager is always looking for a scapegoat and I am one of his favorite targets, and dairy clerks at the company I work for also function as backup checkers and I have serious anxiety issues and sensory issues when I am up there and it can sometimes put me way behind. At this point "fuck" has pretty much become my motto.

• Brohoof 2

I do swear but never in front of teachers

When i know they are there

There was this one time were I threw a discus into goose poop.

And I swore quite loudly not noticing the teacher behind me *facehoof*

But i do cuss in class just under my breath when needed such as ive forgotten my book for the fifth time this week >o<

YES I'm scatterbrained! :derp:

lol, I remember that.

I do tend to swear at teachers.