Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Equestria Girls ever make anypony feel different about MLP?

Fluttershy_babe

I think It will be strange. 

I'm excited for Equestria Girls, but seeing them human is just not right for me.

And has anypony thought about the voices? I hope they are still played by the cast. I don't want anything to change, really.

Anypony else thinks this will impact how they feel/think about MLP? 

I do wanna see the show, but they better not do something retarded like giving Rarity a boyfriend. I hope the show is decent xD.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to actually watch it before making all sorts of judgements about how good or bad it is. Right now it'd be pure neutral, because I have no idea what it'll be like.

• Brohoof 2

Whether is bad, or okay, I doubt this will have any effect on the main show, nor my perceptions of it.  I'm not going to get myself worked up over something which is obviously not targeted at me, nor am I going to let it affect something that I enjoy that is barely related.

I don't really know for sure yet until I see Equestria Girls myself. As for my judgements on the show for that matter, it will not change how much I love the show. :P

• Brohoof 2

I'm reserving judgement for when we actually see something. I was originally pretty hostile to the show, but then I realised the giant logic bomb in my thought process (namely I watch My Little Pony in the first place) and that being dismissive without evidence is not a wise idea.

Edited by Celtore

I doubt anything good will come of this and see it nothing more than a marketing ploy. As long as it doesn't affect MLP:FiM itself, though, I'd be content just ignoring it completely and pretending it doesn't exist.

• Brohoof 2

I'd be fine with it as long as it doesn't bleed into the current MLP universe. We can't judge yet so I'll just wait until the show is put up online.

If it's good, then it may well make me feel better about the series, in that they took a storyline and art that didn't seem promising but made a wonderful story about it anyway. It almost certainly won't have an impact on the rest of the series anyway, so if it's bad then I can simply ignore it. 

• Brohoof 1

Lol guys, I think we should watch it before we can comment on it. When I heaerd Hasbro was putting Littlest Pet Shop, I had to go watch it, only that I didn't feel for the characters as much.

• Brohoof 1

I can't say whether i will or won't like it untill i see it. But if there making humanized pony's they should atleast give them normal skin.

• Brohoof 1

I'll wait until the first episode and then make an opinion, just like I did with mlp and I ended up loving it. But I really hope they give them normal human skin. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't see how it should, it's just a spin off. If I like it, then I like it, and it's more pony(or human) for me to enjoy. If it sucks then it sucks and I can just ignore it

It sounds like it could be pretty amazing if done correctly. If done wrong, however, it could very well be a repeat of the previous generations.

The show has little hope of succeeding if it gets stuck with a crappy staff to get the work done. What we need are some talented writers, artists and musicians to handle the job. Since to my knowledge a season four is being worked on, Hasbro wouldn't be able to have them working on both FiM and Equestria Girls (EQG?) all at once without slowing the production time. They could split up the team and mix them in with fresh meat, but that may or may not alter the overall quality of FiM. And in all honesty, I'd like to have more enjoyable pastel ponies plus distasteful EQG rather than sub-par pastel ponies and a possibly shitty run of the latter.

So, indirectly, it may very well waver my opinion on FiM. If they choose to split up staff or have the team work on both FiM and EQG, it'd effect the quality of the show and thus make me like it less. This is just my opinion though, It could end up not effecting our beloved program in the slightest. When Lauren left after season one, the quality remained just as good, so who knows.

• Brohoof 1

It sounds like it could be pretty amazing if done correctly. If done wrong, however, it could very well be a repeat of the previous generations.

The show has little hope of succeeding if it gets stuck with a crappy staff to get the work done. What we need are some talented writers, artists and musicians to handle the job. Since to my knowledge a season four is being worked on, Hasbro wouldn't be able to have them working on both FiM and Equestria Girls (EQG?) all at once without slowing the production time. They could split up the team and mix them in with fresh meat, but that may or may not alter the overall quality of FiM. And in all honesty, I'd like to have more enjoyable pastel ponies plus distasteful EQG rather than sub-par pastel ponies and a possibly shitty run of the latter.

So, indirectly, it may very well waver my opinion on FiM. If they choose to split up staff or have the team work on both FiM and EQG, it'd effect the quality of the show and thus make me like it less. This is just my opinion though, It could end up not effecting our beloved program in the slightest. When Lauren left after season one, the quality remained just as good, so who knows.

This is pretty much my view on it.  It really depends on who is writing/directing/storyboarding the thing.  If the creators of EQG have an interest and passion for the program, and put a lot of care into the development (much like the development of FiM), it could be okay.  We already know Daniel Ingram is doing songs for it--so those should at least be enjoyable music-wise.

But, if this is just some kids-show let's-compete-wth-Monster-High shovelware, where the crew may not have a vested interest in the show, and just write it for a paycheck, it probably won't be good.  Think of a lot of the actual Monster High or Barbie direct-to-DVD things.  You know what I'm talking about.  The stuff that looks like it could have just been spat out by a cooperate girls show making computer with no actual human involvement.

Either way, it is what it is.  If it's okay: great!  If not, no biggie.  The world goes on, and more importantly, FiM goes on!

• Brohoof 1

That depends if it has any bearing on the parent series. It likely won't as it is just a spin off series, and even if it turns out to not be that good I'll still like the original show just as much.

(edited)

Yes. This is just not right. Ponies in human form? Thats just weird and how is that MLP anymore. Equestria Girls? No, just no, I don't like this, if anypony else likes this let them like it but I don't.

But maybe, I shall check this out and see whats this all about.

Edited by ok3y11

to be completely honest, it might not effect me in any way. i wont judge anypony if they like it, i think might turn out somewhat good but a lot of people are going to hate and complain about it. I'm just curious how it will turn out

• 9 years later...