Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Teleportation

Smokin'HotRarity

It could be taken advantage of though. If teleportation were to become regular in the future, I imagine there would be anti-teleportation fields and defenses for buildings so that people don't pop in unannounced. For the teleportation machine, I also imagine you'd need to put in exact coordinates...

...Excuse me, I have ideas now for a sci-fi story.

• Brohoof 1

Sometime during the past couple years I was contemplating such technology.

Then it discovered something startling:

If you were to teleport yourself you'd be committing suicide.

And letting a clone of you live on somewhere else.

Teleportation also means time travel into the future, and cloning technology.

how so? time travel could be a way to "teleport" (speed up your own time so you can get somewhere else instantly), but discovering a way to do matter transmission wouldn't necessitate time travel. Also, perfect, instant cloning would be a way to "teleport", but it brings up all sorts of questions. Is the clone really you? If the soul exists, would it be cloned as well?

As I said above, one way to teleport would mean this, but it's probably not the only way to do it. Also, did you ever see The Prestige? :)

anyway, matter is just "frozen" energy, so if a way to break a person into energy, keep it organized, send it somewhere, and "refreeze" it without killing a person was discovered, then that'd be true teleportation. Other ways might be discovering a way to create and control wormholes, or a way to manipulate space through the 4th dimension, time.

Edited by Evilshy

We may not have the technology or knowladge now to teleport, but we might have a large amount of options that could teleport us that we just don't know about, other than killing yourself and letting a clone live.

how so? time travel could be a way to "teleport" (speed up your own time so you can get somewhere else instantly), but discovering a way to do matter transmission wouldn't necessitate time travel.

Instead of transmitting matter a distance over no time, transmit matter a time over no distance.

Teleport to the exact same position you started, 50 years later. Bam, instant one-way time travel.

As I said above, one way to teleport would mean this, but it's probably not the only way to do it. Also, did you ever see The Prestige? :)

No, but I'll do what I can to see it.

anyway, matter is just "frozen" energy, so if a way to break a person into energy, keep it organized, send it somewhere, and "refreeze" it without killing a person was discovered, then that'd be true teleportation. Other ways might be discovering a way to create and control wormholes, or a way to manipulate space through the 4th dimension, time.

You raise some good points, but personally I don't think going through more dimensions will allow us to do so, but that's up for debate.

Your first point, the one based of wave-particle duality that may be possible I think, but not for a while yet.

i tried this before. this was when i was a sciencetific Genius, i was calculating extreme Calculous to figure out a algorithym for it but obviously i failed.

Well of course it failed.

Basic teleportation needs the use of energy-matter transformers. The major problem would be that the energy would be absorbed by various obstacles.

Some methods of preventing/overcoming this issue are:

• Simple redundancy, produce multiple copies of the energy and send all of it. That way at least one whole copy will arrive at the destination.
  • Use airborne nanobots that utilize solar power for flight. These nanobots' propulsion would be similar to lightcraft but without the need for lasers. The nanobots will carry transfer the energy into a digital signal then fly across to the destination. There they will reassemble the analogue energy signal and that will somehow be turned back into matter.
  • We piggyback the internet, and use TCP/IP protocol suite to ensure that none of the data is missing. This would be the favourable way for now.
I feel smart now. Edited by Trixie the Great
  • Brohoof 1

Well of course it failed.

Basic teleportation needs the use of energy-matter transformers. The major problem would be that the energy would be absorbed by various obstacles.

Some methods of preventing/overcoming this issue are:

• Simple redundancy, produce multiple copies of the energy and send all of it. That way at least one whole copy will arrive at the destination.
  • Use airborne nanobots that utilize solar power for flight. These nanobots' propulsion would be similar to lightcraft but without the need for lasers. The nanobots will carry transfer the energy into a digital signal then fly across to the destination. There they will reassemble the analogue energy signal and that will somehow be turned back into matter.
  • We piggyback the internet, and use TCP/IP protocol suite to ensure that none of the data is missing. This would be the favourable way for now.
I feel smart now.

the 2nd 2 aren't very pratical or possible for some while but i thought of it as extreme speed would make it so you "Looked" like you did but you didn't. so it probably wouldn't have been true teleportation

In order for true teleportation to be possible, we need to be able to bend the very fabric of the third dimension. Which is something only realistically possible in the fourth dimension. This isn't looking too good, but there are probably some pseudo-teleportation methods. Trixie mentioned the Internet, which seems like one of the better options

That's the Doctor McCoy argument. It's why he didn't like the transporter. Teleporting without technology would be more like slipping you out of "Real" space, and then reentering at another point. No molecular/atomic breakdown and reassembly required.

That's the Doctor McCoy argument. It's why he didn't like the transporter. Teleporting without technology would be more like slipping you out of "Real" space, and then reentering at another point. No molecular/atomic breakdown and reassembly required.

That's essentially what going through a wormhole would do. The problem is, we know almost nothing about them.

Also, as far as I know, the only way science knows of how to convert matter into energy and back is through annihilation wih antiparticles. So you'd need an anti-you to annihilate you and turn into two waves (for lack of a better term) of energy, which would have to be transmitted to the destination, and then combined in order to recreate you and anti-you. That would probably kill you and not bring you back to life on the other side. It might work for simple objects, though. Problem is, the energy produced by annihilation is massive, I don't think we have anything that's durable enough to withstand that amount of energy while being sensitive enough to record it in enough detail to recreate at the destination.

This is a good topic of discution...

Let's see; for bein able top teleport you need this:

1- A way of scaning all the atoms in your body/object that you teleport, so that we have the exact data that we need

2- A sistem that can take all the atoms to a "placer" station so it can be taken; but that would need a way of making ALL the particle go throw a sistem, that would require some extrimily big infrastructure to take from poit A to point B, because you take fisicaly the particles, and if the distance is long it would fail, and be extrimily hard to make.

Alternative 2- Having a sistem that holds the data sa information, so the particles do never move, they are just "copied" as when you copy something from your hardrive; and then send that data to an "enclabler" station that would take the data and place all the atoms i that same order.

That last one would be the most "posible" way of "teleporting" awlso as some of you have said i will allow us to "Clonate" stuff, obviosly as long as we have the "materials" neded for reensambling; it would be extrimily usefull, imagine having infinite food, or and endless suply of everything; for example, need a formation of carbon thats extrimily hard to find for something (diamonds for drills, etc.) and using simple elements carbon based and taking their atoms and turning them into what we need; awlso, imagine taking the best soldier ever made, and creating an army of 1 soldier; or making the best genius live forever; the posivilities are endless.

Teleportation would go against reality itself; matter can't be created nor destroyed, and teleporting something would be technically taking apart that matter and removing it from the universe, then placing exact coordinates and replacing the matter there, otherwise it wouldn't be "true teleportation".

So yeah. I dunno if I just made sense or not.

That depends on what kind of teleportation you are talking about, if you are referring to the Star Trek kind then yes, if you are talking about the Halo kind then no.

Teleportation would go against reality itself; matter can't be created nor destroyed, and teleporting something would be technically taking apart that matter and removing it from the universe, then placing exact coordinates and replacing the matter there, otherwise it wouldn't be "true teleportation".

So yeah. I dunno if I just made sense or not.

You did, matter can't be created or destroyed. But we can change energy into matter and vice versa.