Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[OFFICIAL] Equestria Girls Trailer

Sanic Screwdriver

86 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like or hate Equestria Girls?

• hate
    • neutral

(edited)

http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/05/12/business/media/100000002220706/equestria-girls-trailer.html?ref=media

I just saw the Equestria girls trailer:

And it looks much better than I expected, I will definitely go see this and hopefully meet bronies in the process also, looks like a romance between twilight and some guy.

Edited by Artemis
Embedded a Youtube video for convenience's sake. :3
  • Brohoof 22

(edited)

Looks good to me.

Seems to keep the charm of the show intact which is a good thing.

I'll be there in theaters day 1. Seems most Carmike Cinemas will be playing it.

Also looks like the background pony appearances should be great here.

We already saw Vinyl. Hopefully we see Lyra being a Pony obsessed student. 

Lastly Sunset Shimmer as a villain should be interesting, I mainly want to see how anything here might affect the regular show.

Edited by Jawmuncher
  • Brohoof 6

Looks good to me.

Seems to keep the charm of the show intact which is a good thing.

I'll be there in theaters day 1. Seems most Carmike Cinemas will be playing it.

200 theaters I think, also, I'm going to try to see it opening night, seems like aq good time to meet some bronies, probably more adults than 13 year olds though XD but a brony is a brony.

I said it once, and I"ll say it again. Equestria Girls is going to be awesome! So many great things could come out of this, and did anypony see DJPon3? Again, so seeing this, and it's going to be awesome!

I'll be honest, I didn't have high hopes for it, but I told myself I'd check it out like see reviews or something first, but this trailer did it for me

• Brohoof 2

This doesn't look nearly as bad as the the promo art, I had a suspicion it was a case of just using crappy unpolished concept art for the ads. I'm kinda hopeful now, and I like that background song, it's very early 00s Disney pop. 

Before I was just kinda "meh, what happens, happens", but I'm actually eager to see it now. 

• Brohoof 9

the-office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-

In my humble opinion, it has taken a turn for the worst. That being said I will try to keep an open mind. The future will be interesting to say at the very least.

• Brohoof 4

This trailer kind of sealed the deal of me not seeing it, not trying to start flaming or attempting to troll, I am honestly put off by the trailer.  Granted yes I know this is a movie/show intended for girls and all but I can honestly say that as a fan of the show I might actually pass on this one.

I thought the trailer was pretty weird, but it actually made me a little bit more excited to see Equestria Girls. The whole Sunset Shimmer thing seems interesting, too.

Also, it looks like "Spikedog" is confirmed.

• Brohoof 2

Ah, well I'm glad to see that no one has wings in the human world now. The movie looks to be moving in the right direction for me. I still don't like the way their skin looks but I guess I can't have everything I want. Almost all my other concerns were wiped away by this trailer. Looking forward to seeing Equestria Girls in theaters.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The art style looks so much better than the promo art. I think that this could actually be good. Granted, it probably won't be my favorite thing MLP:FiM has put out, but it does look like it could be enjoyable. I have a soft spot for cheesy high school stories, and I think that it does look like it will remain somewhat true to the show. The big disappointment is Spike being a dog. Oh well.

Edited by lincolnshirepony
  • Brohoof 7

(edited)

Well...I'm still going to give it a fair chance and go see it. I'm less than optimistic thought. It reeeeeally looks like MLP+Monster High to me, especially with all the very non-human skin tones. And the plot, or at least what we've seen of it, doesn't interest me even a little. If this is, in fact, Twilight trying to become the equivalent of 'prom queen', and also winning the heart of the school jock/pretty boy/whatever, even though she's not as cool/pretty as the 'cool' girl (AKA every modernization of Cinderella done by the Disney channel), I will possibly puke in the theater.

But, it deserves a fair chance, so I'll go see it. Hopefully I'll be wrong and it will be good.

Edited by IronPonyApplejack
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'll be waiting for it to hit the downloads, because my theater charges like $16.50 a ticket(maybe more now), 

Yes, yes you read that right. My theater charges almost the price of buying something brand new on DVD to watch it once(and that's if they even show it, my area seems to be waaaaaaaaay out of the loop and only shows mega-blockbusters.)  

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

I actually think the show looks better then I first expected from the trailer, if thats any indication.

I'm actually kinda curious, and maybe a little excited to see this.

I still don't care for the art style though, but I plan to give it a chance regardless.

• Brohoof 4

This actually looks a lot better than I expected. I still have little interest in it, but I will still watch it when the chance arises. Hey, it's got Twilicorn at the start apparently. :P It doesn't look too great at the moment, but it is not a bastardization like I thought it would be.

Overall, I am actually impressed.

• Brohoof 7

Is this the long awaited Mass Effect movie? Because there sure seems to be a lot of colorful aliens!

Just kidding. That actually looked better than I expected. I'm still not digging the designs (my biggest gripe with Equestria Girls), but I may give it a chance. If the voice actors are the same, then I might watch it just for the voices.

Anyway, the movie looks pretty interesting. If I watch it, it will be with low expectations and cautious optimism, but I'm definitely hoping it'll surprise me. 

• Brohoof 4

Nuts beat me to the link

Anyway. I just watched it and I can't say I'm impressed. They couldn't make the first movie about FIM and I'm afraid that this....I fear it won't end well

Not so much within the fandom. We know whats going on

But as parents bring there kids to this and they watch it, many for the first time. They will get a look at what all us fans have been going on about for the last couple of years. And this will be their first and only impression of FIM and of the fandom...and it will be the wrong impression.

Guys I really hope I'm wrong. But my guts telling me this isn't going to be good

• Brohoof 5

Nuts beat me to the link

Anyway. I just watched it and I can't say I'm impressed. They couldn't make the first movie about FIM and I'm afraid that this....I fear it won't end well

Not so much within the fandom. We know whats going on

But as parents bring there kids to this and they watch it, many for the first time. They will get a look at what all us fans have been going on about for the last couple of years. And this will be their first and only impression of FIM and of the fandom...and it will be the wrong impression.

Guys I really hope I'm wrong. But my guts telling me this isn't going to be good

Well I assume parents whose kids watch the show, would have at least seen part of it when with their kids or something, plus I think this looks quite good actually :3

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad we won't have to wait long for the film to be in theaters. Sucks that it won't be a wide release though.

Hopefully this does well enough that a actual MLP film reaches theaters to.

Well, better than the concept art, though most of that is likely because it looks better in animation than as stills. Still unconvinced about the high school theme though.

I'm surprised about Sunset Shimmer. I really thought the toy was just an emergency recolour of Twilight...

Wait... is that high school prom the 'Masquerade' referred to on the toy packaging? That's... more planning on the writer's parts that I really expected on this spin-off. Good job.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not exactly thrilled about EG, but that trailer was a lot better than I expected it to be... I guess I can only wait and find out... Hopefully it shows in Canada!