Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[OFFICIAL] Equestria Girls Trailer

Sanic Screwdriver

86 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like or hate Equestria Girls?

• hate
    • neutral

I don't get what any of you see in this or how you think this has any potential. It just seems like another generic, shallow high school drama with the MLP:FiM name slapped onto it for the sake of making money off of the fanboys. And sadly, their plan is probably going to work seeing how receptive much of the fandom is to it.

Now we can only hope this movie doesn't bleed into the show and isn't part of the canon storyline.

I honestly don't know what to think about this. I had no love for it in the first place and now after seeing the trailer for this "disaster" all I can say is this.

I don't get what any of you see in this or how you think this has any potential. It just seems like another generic, shallow high school drama with the MLP:FiM name slapped onto it for the sake of making money off of the fanboys. And sadly, their plan is probably going to work seeing how receptive much of the fandom is to it.

Now we can only hope this movie doesn't bleed into the show and isn't part of the canon storyline.

No.  It's designed to make money off of pre-teen girls, not us.  And, while my expectations are rock bottom, I'm at least willing to give it a chance because of the creative staff behind it.

• Brohoof 1

No.  It's designed to make money off of pre-teen girls, not us.  And, while my expectations are rock bottom, I'm at least willing to give it a chance because of the creative staff behind it.

In case you haven't noticed, even the actual bronies are showing excitement and enthusiasm for this. As horrible as this is proabably going to be, much of the fandom will still eat this up simply because it's My Little Pony.

• Brohoof 1

Seems like a pretty good movie. 

Honestly, I was a little against it at first, since I thought it was gonna be more a series for the summer, which would end in the fall. Now, I look forward to seeing the movie. But, I guess I'll have to wait 'til the fall...since I've got summer classes. 

I just saw the Equestria girls trailer (link) http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/05/12/business/media/100000002220706/equestria-girls-trailer.html?ref=media

And it looks much better than I expected, I will definitely go see this and hopefully meet bronies in the process also, looks like a romance between twilight and some guy.

That's what I thought. Sincerely I am actually looking forward to this and I can't wait to watch the movie! Can't wait for alternate universe!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! IIIIIIIIIIIIIII....do not know how to react to this, actually... This is one of those things that I can't really put my finger on whether I like it or not. My first reaction to the video is "What...the fuck...Hasbro actually is making a motherfucking MOVIE? With PONIES?!?! And HUMANS????" *Mind blank for the next 90 seconds* *Video ends* *Runs outside yelling and/or swearing* Then here I am. So, I'm trying to RATIONALLY think about this. Should I be looking forward to this? I like ponies and all, but it's EQUESTRIA GIRLS. Well, then again, I shouldn't pass judgement on something I never saw before. Should I hate Hasbro for being a couple of bitches for not telling us? Or they HAVE told us and I am just being a bitch about this. They KINDA told us, but we took it as "They're making a TV show". I guess this is kind of "Intertwined" into MLP, so it's a part of MLP that is not there yet. Fuck it. I'll watch it. It may not be so bad, which ironically, is what I said right before I watched MLP. I guess this KIND OF makes up for the short season, and explains what Hasbro spent their fucking time doing all this time. It was a good surprise, I guess. It also kind of freaked me out. Nonetheless, I'll go see it.

Well the only problem I have with the whole concept of Equestria Girls is the fact that it probably won't be shown in theaters in th UK. I am really excited for it, I think it's a great idea and probably won't affect the show because it is a seperate franchise.

The part where Twilight tried to eat the apple like a horse made me realize that EG might not be as bad as I had initially thought.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It Tolerable, some people treat it like the end of the world or as if the ponies were to stay Human, thing they dont know or realize its that its just a spin off and That TWILIGHT is the only one that goes through the portal, The other Mane six are just the counter parts of the that Human world.

WE had to embrace Ponies once, now we got to Embrace the Humans.

P.s. you can Clearly see that the creators are trying hard to make the Movie Fan tolerable, such as Adding D-J Pon3 and Scoots doing a chicken dance.

not to mention the Art that the show has isnt lost, such as the Animation and the hidden stuff that only observant people see such  as  Human Twilight's Cutie mark cut in half symbolizing that she lost her magic and stuff.

I WILL Give it a Chance, and I wont Judge a Book by its cover, specially seeing who the Author of this book is.

Edited by Guyra
  • Brohoof 1

Since this is a spin-off, i'm still neutral, however if i have the chance i'll watch this to see if it's actually good or bad. I mean, it could be actually good, we need to give this series a chance.

This is how i became a brony.

, there was already a thread for the official trailer pinned at the top of this forum; your thread has been been merged with it. Before starting a new thread, please have a look at the pinned section and run a search of existing topics.

According to information released by the show's direction, Equestria Girls will have no influence on the classic Friendship is Magic series. So we all who hate it can just ignore the movie.

Maybe sometimes a Friendship is Magic film will came to movie theatars, because a whole cinema full of bronies would be really awesome. I will not go to theater for Equestria Girls as I pointed out several pages before, together with all those... mh, if My Little Pony fans are bronies, Equestria Girls fans must be called girlies or something like this.^^

Oh. Good. God.

This will either go very well and be a hit (not as much as F.I.M.)

Or extremely badly...

We can only wait and watch. I wonder if there will be a separate fandom for Equestria Girls?

(edited)

We can only wait and watch. I wonder if there will be a separate fandom for Equestria Girls?

Yup, they'll be called girlies.^^ Virtually all of them will be bronies, too, and a lot of bronies will become Equestria Girls fans, maybe a lot of them just fanboys and girls that accept and like everything the show/ band/author/team/whatever they are fan of creates, so they will not be really seperated from each other. I for myself  fear that non-fans are going to associate the classic FIM series with ALL bronies with Equestria Girls.

Edited by Tahirih
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yup, they'll be called girlies.^^ Virtually all of them will be bronies, too, and a lot of bronies will become Equestria Girls fans, maybe a lot of them just fanboys and girls that accept and like everything the show/ band/author/team/whatever they are fan of creates, so they will not be really seperated from each other. I for myself  fear that non-fans are going to associate the classic FIM series with ALL bronies with Equestria Girls.

But shall there be segregation of the fandoms? Such a slippery slope and we stand on the very precipice. Hopefully both can exist without rivalry.

Oooh! that last post earned me a muffin! Muffins for everypony!

Edited by MilBrony

, there was already a thread for the official trailer pinned at the top of this forum; your thread has been been merged with it. Before starting a new thread, please have a look at the pinned section and run a search of existing topics.

Okie dokie lokie! Thanks mod

Yup, they'll be called girlies.^^ Virtually all of them will be bronies, tloo, and a lot of bronies will become Equestria Girls fans, maybe a lot of them just fanboys and girls that accept and like everything the show/ band/author/team/whatever they are fan of creates, so they will not be really seperated from each other. I for myself  fear that non-fans are going to associate the classic FIM series with ALL bronies with Equestria Girls.

....girlies? I'm sorry but that just sounds like you are to feminine or something.

(Though I am very feminine, after all I am a girl.)

Found a screenshot from somewhere. I'm not sure if this is legit or not, but bloody hell this is juicy :wub:

TmQOM3X.png

Maybe EQGirls will take place in a parallel universe and there is a pony Brad exists in Equestria, and he mirrors the one in the human world?

• Brohoof 2

Well, when Equestria Girls first came out I tried to remain positive, but I still had my doubts about it. I mean seriously... was like Monster High removed everything about them that was goth. But after seeing this trailer....I'm actually real excited for it!! Finally! Real footage!!! But I'm super excited...

The art style is still okay, but I guess once you see them in action it's not as bad, but still.....purple skin...argh! :P But wow and we can see  some scenes with a blue-haired guy Twilight meets....I can foresee the shippings. :P And I even caught a glimpse of Snips and Snails as humans. :3 

But it looks really cool...played this like 6 times when I first saw it! :P Can't wait, and I think the writers will be able to pull it off! :D I have faith in Equestria Girls! 

(edited)

(I'm not a fan of humanizing ponies, so I won't try to be biased towards this movie.)

I might just ignore this movie since it isn't canon and move on as if it never happened. It doesn't mean I hate the movie, it just means I'm neutral towards it because of it's premise.

The animation, music, and voice acting will no doubt be good, but I really  can't stress hard enough how much I hate the High School Prom + Possible Twilight's love interest (I'm really hoping that's Shining Armor). The writers should know better than to introduce Twilight into a romantic interest. Then again it isn't canon but that doesn't mean Hasbro should do whatever the buck they want to do. Another thing that bugs me is Spike being a dog. Just why is he a dog? It makes no sense even from different viewpoint. I guess Hasbro really don't like Spike or something.

Two things i'm neutral about are the supposed villain who seems to be a Trixie knock-off. She thinks she's the best there is until Twilight comes in and threatens her reputation to be prom queen or something. The other thing is the designs. If you're going to make the pony into a human; Make the pony human and not a semi-mutated human with colored skin. (This reminds be of the Cartoon series Doug)

Twilight's human design is passable but I think they missed the bulls eye here, If they made it how the fans do (and she's usually represented to be white as all the other mane 6 girls are...I suppose they did this to avoid race issues but i think that's a stupid excuse.) Unless Hasbro would think the kids would be too stupid to not know who every pony is without their usual coat......er skin color. It's obvious by their personality and hair style.

Anyways like I said, I'm neutral on the Equestria Girls issue and I may ignore it so I can wait on how other bronies react to it before I go to watch it.  I pray it has more ponies than it does humans. I'd call it a major plus if it does.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn