Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's "love interest"

Blue Moon

86 users have voted

1. 1. Would do you think about Twilight's Love Interest?

• Love it!
    • Like it
    • Neutral
    • Don't like it
    • Absolutely hate it.
  2. 2. Do you think the new character is a love interest? (Notice the word "think")

• Yes
    • No, he's Shining Armor
    • No, he is just a new friend who happens to be a boy.
    • No, other (Please specify)

(edited)

I don't believe it's actually a love interest. The boy has the same almost the same hair as Shining Armor has, and the same VA. I believe he's Twi's older brother -like char even in the movie, and that's kind of a problem for Twilight. If he'd be a love interest, I think they would've inserted some kind of romantic bit in the trailer... Not a kiss, but not only an excited hug... And if you're gonna say something "what about Twi bumping in the hall", I wouldn't say that's a romantic bit, since she's confused... And doesn't know anything about the world...

This is only things I've thought of, and are pretty probable, so they're... Kinda spoilers? There's a possibility I'm wrong, but... If you seriously don't want to know anything, don't read. But they're not exactly spoilers, so...

(I can picture scenes where Rarity is dreaming about the hottest boy in school, a senior, who's Shining Armor. Twilight "slaps" (or more likely does something dramatical, that isn't violent) Rarity and tells her that "that's my brother you talk about!"

Then later on she finds out that the main antagonist (probably Sunset Shimmer)is going to the prom with him, and tries to stop him from going (since she is Sunset's "enemy" and Twilight's probably going to have "a bad feeling about her"...

Edited by Tenshinohana
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think he'll be a love interest in the movie.  Twilight will be to busy getting the crown to be worrying about dating opertunities.  The show will be another matter entirely.

Wait...what if the movie ends with Twilight missing "what's his name" and then running into his FiM doppleganger?  This could get interesting...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

as much as I want to believe that their is no love interest going on, it looks like they might have some small thing in there between twilight and this mystery person, i hope this is not a pilot to another high school drama series like generation 2

• 1 year later...

i am not a fan of Brad, i dont care what his name actually is, hes Brad, i was very pleased that he was hardly in Rainbow Rocks, and Trixie became a hero when

she c---blocked him when him and twilight were gonna kiss

• Brohoof 2

img-3244688-1-post-18984-0-36150800-1415

I would like to see at least one of the main characters acquire a boyfriend.

Maybe in the EQG world but I doubt the mane 6 would have relationships within FiM, majority of the fandom would go crazy ;-; 

Although I could see a marriage much like Shining Armour and Cadance but that would probably be when they've mature more with each season...

img-3244688-1-post-18984-0-36150800-1415

I would like to see at least one of the main characters acquire a boyfriend.

So would I, but they'd have to do it right. 

Flash Sentry, as he is, barely qualifies as a character. I wouldn't mind him being with Twilight if he would develop a personality. 

• Brohoof 4

The majority of this topic's posts came from before the 1st Equestria Girls film was even released and only just recently did someone posted here AFTER the release of the second film, Rainbow Rocks. I'm surprised that after the first theatrical release of the first film last year, no posts whatsoever were made about this until yesterday.

Anyway, I do like to see him as a love interest, but I know it's very unlikely to happen. Maybe if they show him as more than just a nice guy. Not that being a nice guy is a bad thing, it's just underdeveloped.

Edited by WiiGuy2014