Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shouldn't there be a human Twilight already? Where was she?

Naught Important

So, I've been thinking...

If there is a humanized version of everypony in Equestria in this High School place, wouldn't there already be a humanized version of Twilight there?

Would Twilight have to meet her human-dimension self in the movie? Or did her soul replace the already-human Twilight's soul? Or was there just not one for some reason?

What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There's a comic floating around somewhere that has an explanation for that. I'll post it here if I happen to find it in the next few minutes

**Edit** 

Found it. Here's what happened.

com__the_duplicates_by_anirichie_art-d66

Edited by SongBrony
  • Brohoof 15

(edited)

For the sake of it being convenient for the plot Im pretty sure that Twilight will not have duplicate but I dont know it may be explained in the movie we will have to wait and see.

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache
  • Brohoof 1

Perfect timing on us both posting that at the same time :/ It would be a hilarious second movie if that really did happen though

you beat me too it haha I think it would be amazing if there was a second movie where we see human Twilights adventure being stuck in Equestria haha

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've been thinking about this as well, and I have a contribution to make to the discussion.

So at the beginning of the series, Twilight lives in Canterlot and moves to Ponyville, right? So this high school campus Twilight ends up in could be the human equivalent of Ponyville, and the other Twilight could be in the human equivalent of Canterlot, or just a different school.

• Brohoof 3

Heeeey ^^^ That is actually a cool idea. Maybe they can do a multi view of 3/4 points, Ponyville, Twilight's "humanized" world, Celestia/Luna, and Twi's duplicate. That would be cooool!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

On another thread, somepony told me that Human Pinkie mentioned another human resembling Twilight, inferring that Twilight did have a human double after all.

But did she have a human double?  If so, did she enter the mirror to Equestria around the same time pony Twilight entered it into the human world?  I mean, if you're going to enter a parallel universe, it should have your own double, rather than just doubles of the people you know and love.

• Brohoof 2

This is highly theorized in my opinion.

It does make sense when you think about it.

The biggest possible explanation to this answer is in this here comic!

Check it out, and maybe the riddle has been solved!

http://anirichie-art.deviantart.com/art/COM-The-Duplicates-373185410

That wasn't very helpful.

As I said, someone mentioned Human Pinkie Pie mentioning a human resembling Twilight, implying that she did have a human double as well, just probably switched to Equestria in her place.

• Brohoof 1

@@Commander_PonyShep,

Hello there. I have merged your topic with an earlier one that was wondering whether there was already a human version of Twilight Sparkle before the pony version traveled through the mirror. I have also edited the title of the older thread slightly.

There's a comic floating around somewhere that has an explanation for that. I'll post it here if I happen to find it in the next few minutes

**Edit** 

img-1499566-1-com__the_duplicates_by_ani

Haha, this is totally what I was kinda thinking, they're souls are like swapped, thats just awesome xD.

I assume it has something to do with the fact Twilight entered the portal, maybe taking over her human self idk, something along those lines was my theory.

**Edit** 

img-1499566-1-com__the_duplicates_by_ani

Haha, eeyup.  I'm using that as the basis of my first MLP fanfic, though I do a few things differently.  One of the trailers briefly shows a grouped picture of the human Main 5 (a version of the one Celestia receives in the opening theme), with Human!Twilight being conspicuously absent.  If Human!Twilight appears in the movie, my guess is she'd be in an epilogue scene after Alicorn!Twilight returns to Equestria.

It seems to me that Spike probably does not have a counterpart in the HumanVerse.  In the second trailer there's a scene where someone is shocked that Dog!Spike talks.  This implies that only ponies have human counterparts, since the only non-pony sapient who goes through the mirror comes out as a different, normally non-sapient species in the HumanVerse.  Since an ordinary dog can't be a research assistant/butler, Human!Twilight apparently doesn't have her own equivalent of Spike.

For those of you who have watched the movie, do we ever see an alternate human-Twilight in the film? If we do, what is her role? I'm guessing it's nothing more than a quick glimpse or realisation.

No we don't, and it says nothing about her at all not even a subtle hint which really bugs me. I hear they are going to make a comic though so that might go into it and if not people will undoubtedly write fanfics about it.

• Brohoof 5

Whats the deal with Sunset Shimmer constantly mentioning she was going to ruin Twilight like she did the last girl that stood in her way? Who was the last girl who stood in Sunset's way? Can someone explain that?

What if Sunset Shimmer is actually Twilight's human self, the anti-Twilight as you see that came out of the human world to steal the pro-Twilight's crown? That would explain so much if that was true.

See Sunset=Twilight Shimmer=Sparkle. They have to be related in some way. I'm guessing Sunset Shimmer is actually the human version of Twilight that came out of the mirror. What if when the people come out, they turn evil? That would explain why Sunset is th villian.

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

What if Sunset Shimmer is actually Twilight's human self, the anti-Twilight as you see that came out of the human world to steal the pro-Twilight's crown? That would explain so much if that was true.

See Sunset=Twilight Shimmer=Sparkle. They have to be related in some way. I'm guessing Sunset Shimmer is actually the human version of Twilight that came out of the mirror. What if when the people come out, they turn evil? That would explain why Sunset is th villian.

I haven't seen the movie but spoiled myself a lot. Sunset Shimmer was Celestia's Student. In Pony world. She is technically a Pony, as far as I know.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious

(edited)

I saw the movie last week for the very first showing in LA, so here we go. Everyone in the human world, it seems, has an alternate human version of themselves except for Sunset Shimmers and Twilight Sparkle, who are purely from Equestria. If you mean "Is there another Twilight Sparkle in this world?", then I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Sunset Shimmer is Celestia's former student. She quit because she always wanted things her way. She did not understand friendship and came to the human world to overpower all the students at Canterlot High School. Twilight stops her with the alternate human versions of the mane 5. They all know that Twily is a pony princess in another world. Human Pinkie Pie is the first to suspect this. Both Pinkie Pies, human and pony, in their respective dimensions, seem to know about everything that has happened to Twilight in the opposite world. Because hey, she's/they're Pinkie Pie.

Sorry if that was confusing.

Edited by Nagisa Misumi

Nah, I doubt it. Because she clearly has a different pony form when she went through the mirror to steal Twilight's tiara. I'd bet that when someone's alternate self goes by the mirror, they'd look just like their counterpart. 

Nah, I doubt it. Because she clearly has a different pony form when she went through the mirror to steal Twilight's tiara. I'd bet that when someone's alternate self goes by the mirror, they'd look just like their counterpart. 

Where has sunset Shimmer been this whole time? Maybe she was the human Twilight who found the mirror and when humans go into the pony world they turn evil! She layed low for a while, then when she didn't become ruler she went back into the human world. When she found out about Twilight becoming a princess, she came back and stole the crown.

I don't think we will see alternate Twilight again. It was good to see the film and think about what the characters would be like in different forms but we all know that ponies are a far better form than ponies so we don't need to see those alternative selves again at least in the regular series. happy.png