Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Applejack, Potential Mary Sue?

A Talking Dragon

Mary Sue is a term that I have really grown to hate now. Still, Apple Jack does kinda seem like Miss Perfect Pony when put into different perspectives but at the same time she is just as prone to messing up badly as the others. I want this to be highlighted just a little but more though. The one episode that I despised Applejack in was Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 600 (That name is a mouthful). I loved that episode overall but it kinda bugged me how much they showed Applejack as being right even if the Flim Flam brothers weren't exactly doing anything wrong. Then there is that famous line 'I didn't learn anything!'

So, Mary Sue? No, I hate that term. A bit too perfect sometimes? Ehhhhh, kinda, but it doesn't exactly bother me much. This whole 'Mary Sue' nonsense doesn't exactly worry me much as a whole.

Nah

Applejack just lacks the external conflicts all the other mane 6 ponies have. Applejack is probably the only main character who is comfortable where she is while the others have life long goals to achieve.

Hopefully the next Applejack episode brings the conflict directly to her.

Nah

Applejack just lacks the external conflicts all the other mane 6 ponies have. Applejack is probably the only main character who is comfortable where she is while the others have life long goals to achieve.

Hopefully the next Applejack episode brings the conflict directly to her.

Well again I can see why she would be seen as mary sue,

discords now a good guy, (Maybe) right?

Suppose that's true.

Even if you wanna say he was never a bad guy (I could and have), the main cast, Celestial and Equistra at large wants him to go against his very nature.  Despite arguable being 100 times more powerful than apple jack he's going to be a man apart with himself.

In that light I could see her being considered being mary sue.  Internally she doesn't have issues that are likely to wreck her.