Mlp equestria girls pirating youtube

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Captainloudmouth

Captainloudmouth

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

You all should know how mlp (all episodes) are on youtube. But, will equestria girls be on youtube for free? If not, then i would not get to watch it, because I'm more or less a "closet brony" (only my best friend know I'm a brony). So it would be akward to leave my parents home and say "hey, mom. I'm going to see a movie, bye" and the responce bring "oh, what movie?" And then replying with "equestria girls."

So, in the replies of this thread, i would like to know if anyone knows if equestria girls will be on youtube.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Register now to remove this ad.

#2 Flipturn

Flipturn

Did someone say Pinkie Pie?

• Moderators

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

If someone ever does upload it to Youtube, it'll be a very bad quality version that will get taken down within minutes. Especially since Hasbro have been quite active with taking down copyrighted content, and don't want to lose money from this film to pirates considering how many there are in the fandom, Equestria Girls on Youtube would not last long enough to watch all the way to the end. That's what I think anyway. Keep an eye out, though, there could be something that you could save or download quick enough.

You could also buy it when it comes out on DVD, and watch it in your room without your parents knowing.

#3 Captainloudmouth

Captainloudmouth

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

If someone ever does upload it to Youtube, it'll be a very bad quality version that will get taken down within minutes. Especially since Hasbro have been quite active with taking down copyrighted content, and don't want to lose money from this film to pirates considering how many there are in the fandom, Equestria Girls on Youtube would not last long enough to watch all the way to the end. That's what I think anyway. Keep an eye out, though, there could be something that you could save or download quick enough.

You could also buy it when it comes out on DVD, and watch it in your room without your parents knowing.

Using a mobile device (my iphone) would not allow me to save or download the movie. But, I'm sure another website will have the movie for free. Seeing as you can't take down EVERY SINGLE video.

#4 Just some guy...

Just some guy...

Bunny

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

If it's not on video-sharing sites like Youtube and such,I'm pretty sure there'll be torrents once the movie gets released to DVD so people can pirate it and use the money on more important things.

#5 Jamiequadbike

Jamiequadbike

The Crazy Ones

• Poniverse Staff

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

It will most likely be released on iTunes or other online film stores like that. Unless you're parents use the same computer you do, that's probably the best and highest quality thing you can do without buying the physical disc. It's what I'm probably going to do since I'm a closet brony too. But if it doesn't end up being released on iTunes, I'm just gunna buy it off amazon and secretly watch it in my room. It's possible! I'm managing pretty well to hide the elements of harmony book I bought last week!

#6 repsol rave

repsol rave

~Weekend Warrior~

• Donors

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

i think i'll just go and pirate it. it is not released in theatres in my country,neither on dvd. so i guess i'll have to download it somewhere, and seeing that i have absolutely NO knowledge of anything itunes related. i don't think there is another way.

Edited by repsol rave, 12 June 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#7 Lord Bloodpool

Lord Bloodpool

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

On YouTube? Probably not. There might be a few scenes from the movie uploaded, but I don't think the full movie would be uploaded. Hasbro defends its copyrights quite vigorously, and YouTube nearly always complies with a takedown request when it gets one, so I can't really see anyone getting away with it.

On the other hand, I'd imagine that it would be uploaded to a fair few torrent sites, but they will most likely be poor-quality videos filmed the back of a movie theater with a hand-held camera. When the DVD version is released, however, there will probably be quite a few decent-quality copies available on most torrent sites.

So yea, depends on how long you want to wait to see it. You could always go to see it at a movie theater, of course. Just say you're going to watch something other than Equestria Girls. Like "Face Shooter IV ", or something random like that. 

#8 NightOwl

NightOwl

Irish Brony

• Subscribers

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

It might be uploaded on YouTube but it's more likely to end up on places like 1channel and torrent sites. I'll probably buy it but I might see what the community thinks of it after it's released before I make that decision. 

#9 jklrqpo

jklrqpo

I DID IT FOR THE LOLZ!

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

It's pretty easy to just say that you are going to a movie and then if she asks say a movie that is playing there that whe would think is exceptable to see. Other than that I have nothing for you :/

#10 Midnight Blade

Midnight Blade

Parasprite

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

The only way for me to watch it would be online.

Even if it got in the theaters here it'd be one hell of a bad translated version.

Or I'd have to order it online but I'd just watch it once because I almost never rewatch anything.

#11 Lady~Rarity

Lady~Rarity

Rarity

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

If it is posted on Youtube, it would probably be in a million different parts. And in a low quality. My best friend and I are going to rent it on Redbox (hopefully it will be there) and see if it's any good before we buy it.

#12 hayden of curiousity

hayden of curiousity

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

youtube  should make it free after all its a video and we make videos daily all the time who agrees with me on this little post ?

#13 MrHaru

MrHaru

Parasprite

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

When is it being released on video anyways, and which order are they putting EG on?

>movie theaters

>TV

>dvd

or

>movie theaters

>dvd

>TV

?

Because I now won't be able to go see the movie even though I really REALLY wanted to and it bums me out.sad.png

#14 Brony_Poly

Brony_Poly

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

It probably wont be uploaded to youtube, but hey you could just lie to your parents your seeing a different movie and see equestria girls!

#15 Radiance64

Radiance64

Puttin' the 'Rad' in Radiance!

• Moderators

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

The posts in this thread are highly suggestive towards piracy, which this forum does not condone. As such, I don't think it would be right to keep it open any longer, so it will be locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Register now to remove this ad.