• 90-95 MPH / 145-153 KPH
    • 95-100 MPH / 153-161 KPH
    • 100-105 MPH / 161-169 KPH
    • 105-110 MPH / 169-177 KPH
    • 110-115 MPH / 177-185 KPH
    • 115-120 MPH / 185-193 KPH
    • 120 + MPH/ 193 + KPH

(edited)

So my friend recently got a ticket for going 107 in a 65 (MPH). It got me wondering who here on the forums holds the record for fastest driver.

Me personally, I've only topped out around 90 (MPH).

I'll go ahead and toss in a poll, because why not? (If your answer is divisible by 5, round up in the poll)

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

As a new driver who has only driven in residential areas with a permit and parent in the car... about 30 Mph

I'm a rebel guys... You better watch out XD

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

i drove my moped at about 150 Km/h when i was testing it's new setup, guess thats my fastest till now. i can't drive cars on the road yet, i need to turn 18 for that first

EDIT i just calculated that that was about 93.21 Mph.  i'm kinda proud of that considering i was driving a moped, and those are only allowed to go about 20Mph in my country XD

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Is that in Miles or Kilometres?

I'm not proud of it but I've driven up to 180Km/h (111Mph) before. Looking back on it now it was an extremely stupid thing to do but I made sure i did it on a long and quiet stretch of road in good weather where I was in complete control of my vehicle, which of course doesn't make it any less stupid. Don't speed kids. 

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 1

Is that in Miles or Kilometres?

I'm not proud of it but I've driven up to 180Km/h before. Looking back on it now it was an extremely stupid thing to do but I made sure i did it on a long and quiet stretch of road in good weather where I was in complete control of my vehicle, which of course doesn't make it any less stupid. Don't speed kids. 

MPH, sorry for not clarifying. Maybe I'll add Km/h conversions in the poll for reference. There seems to be a lot of people that use them.

• Brohoof 1

85 MPH in a 55 mph zone.  It was the first time I'd ever drove, and the first time I used a stick shift.  I got up to 85 in 3rd gear.  Scariest moment of my life.

• Brohoof 1

To the best of my recollection, the fastest I've gone is 95 MPH. Usually in an effort to pass somebody who was going too slow but wanted to speed up when he saw someone was attempting to pass him. Virginia drivers are stupid like that. The highest speed limit in this state is 70 so the fastest I've driven on a consistent basis (not to pass another driver or anything) is 75-80.

• Brohoof 1

The fastest I ever went was 111 in a Mazda 3 on Highway 16 towards I-5. And I'm never, ever doing that again! I was absolutely terrified, and sure I was gonna die!

• Brohoof 2

I can't drive yet. But, I have driven a Golf-Cart and a Quad on a Quad I think I went like 90 miles per hour. When I was driving me and my friend were driving in the desert and we both had to bring are little brothers. I almost killed me and my little brother because, there was a pole right in front of me and since I was going 90 miles per hour it was so hard to stop it. But, I wouldn't be typing this to you if I was dead. 

• Brohoof 1

I have droven...2 Miles. That's right. NASCAR dude right here.

It was when I was somewhere around 8 or 9 that our car broke near our house on Halloween. So my dad got some people to push the car while I steered turns.

I'm the fastest thing alive!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've yet to drive a CA highway with a posted speed limit greater than 65 mph (which for my area tends to mean an average speed of traffic of about 70-75), but I've gotten up to 90 on a straight, downhill and deserted stretch of highway 25 heading out towards the Pinnacles.

One of my older sisters once made it to 120 on the same stretch of highway, but she got ticketedededed. Oops! yay.png

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I recently got my permit and am relatively new to driving so due to that and other reasons I don't go any faster than I have to my maximum speed so far was 65mph and only because that was the speed limit where I was at the time.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

70-75 MPH? It was on a freeway. I'd of course get a ticket if that was on a normal street, no doubt, but it was a fast freeway. I don't like to drive that often. :V

Edited by Dismajo
  • Brohoof 1

I think I went close to 145km/h once when overtaking someone on the highway, but I don't usually do that.  I usually drive around anywhere between 100-120 on the highway, mostly depending on the amount of traffic and in how much of a hurry I am. I'm not usually a very fast driver.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

80mph. Not that impressive, but I drive a Jeep Liberty, and these things flip like nothing. So going any faster would of probably ended in a wreck.

At least with me driving .-.

Edited by Retro✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

I actually got my permit this week. The fastest I've driven so far is only ~50mph on a fast 1-lane road. I probably won't be going any faster until I go on an interstate, which won't be for a while.

• Brohoof 1

First time I drove my mother's van by myself I floored it and went 85 MPH for about ten seconds. :D

img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png Daredevil. That's me.

Yeah, but just after that I saw a State Trooper and nearly died of a heart attack, and practically broke my collarbones with the seatbelt, I braked that fast. Thank God there wasn't anyone behind me.

So I'm a wimp. Big deal.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I topped out my stock Jetta TDI at roughly 110MPH last summer and held that speed for a solid 10 seconds or so. I would've pushed it further, but the car just couldn't possibly go faster. I'm luck the state trooper I flew by didn't decide to chase me.

I should say that what I did was very dangerous and stupid, and I would advise everyone else to stay off of open roads if you plan on driving that quickly. Do it on the track, or not at all.

EDIT : Fastest in a non-gasoline Car! Yay!

Edited by Twinhead B
  • Brohoof 1

Um.. 40 MPH? I don't know... It's been eight years since I have driven. lol. I was a painfully slow driver. But that's okay, it was never meant to be for me, I guess...

The highway speed limit in New York is 65 MPH/105 KPH, so I generally don't go past 70-75 MPH/112-121 KPH. I've gone over 80 MPH/129 KPH before, though. It's a bit scary, and I only really do it by accident when I'm not paying attention to my speed on a highway and don't have the cruise on.

I don't see the point in going 20-30 miles over the speed limit when all it does is increase the risk of both a crash and a ticket. I normally stay within 10 miles above the speed limit, at the most. Leave the racing to closed tracks, not the open road.

Well I don't have a license so I can't drive on roads, but nobody gives a shit about you on a dry lake bed, and it's hard if not painful to do more than 50. I went 60, and that was probably the worst back pain I had for a long time.

(edited)

fastest?

Motorcycle: 120Kmph on my Suzuki (only a 250cc engine, so it was pretty much topped out)

Snowmobile: 150-170Kmph on a Ski-Doo across some farmland and a lake.

Pedal bike- 50-60Kmph 

Moped: 25Mph

As for the guy that said he went 90Mph on a moped, I find that really hard to believe....a moped only has a 49.9cc engine (well most) and and about 2.5hp,  even if you added aftermarket parts and bored/honed out  the cylinder, and had a better compression ratio and a bigger piston and cylinder head to up the CCs, you'd be lucky to top out at 50-70Mph with 5Hp.. I also own a Motobecane (2 actually) 50v's

Edited by Flutter Dash