Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls

iLegovideo

Equestria Girls  

9 users have voted

1. 1. Rate the film

• Flash Sentry steals your waifu - Hated it!
    • "... needs some peanut butter crackers." - Disliked it
    • "What are hands?" - Meh it was okay.
    • "Those are my girls! Woo-hoo!" - Liked it
    • "We helped Twilight win the crown!" - Loved it!

It all started because of this! =3

I love this movie, since it has sooooo much of positive energy and values~

I watched it more than 10 times and I'm not hiding, that I'd watch it once again!  :wub:

Despite the obnoxious fan rage that came when the movie was first announced, I was really looking forward to it.

And to be honest, I was pretty satisfied with it and found it to be pretty enjoyable.

Even though after Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games, I don't like it as much as I used to, I still find to it be pretty fun to watch.

Also Helping Twilight Win the Crown will always be the most catchy song to come out of both EQG and FIM and no one can tell me otherwise.

• Brohoof 1

Despite the obnoxious fan rage that came when the movie was first announced, I was really looking forward to it.

And to be honest, I was pretty satisfied with it and found it to be pretty enjoyable.

Even though after Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games, I don't like it as much as I used to, I still find to it be pretty fun to watch.

Also Helping Twilight Win the Crown will always be the most catchy song to come out of both EQG and FIM and no one can tell me otherwise.

The first Equestria Girls movie is still my favorite.  :wub:

And I totally agree, that Cafeteria Song (Helping Twilight Win the Crown) is the most catchy song ever! While not being a 'brony', I watched that movie once ('cause it was aired in TV ~ watched that just like other family animated movies like 'Ice Age' ~ nothing suspisious) and that song was in my head for more than a year, which resulted in me re-watching that movie out of curiosity and 'memories...', which in the end made me start watching the whole MLP and bringing me to where I am now.  :P

Absolutely nothing in the first Equestria Girls comes close to the Rainbow Rocks finale... "Welcome to the Show" is a sheer masterpiece.

• 4 months later...

First one : Hasbro after making equestria girls

Second and third ones : The fans of equestria girls

And the last one : ME among those fans trying to survive

post-39706-0-47434200-1477016789.gif

post-39706-0-69584500-1477017053.gif

post-39706-0-88290300-1477017071.gif

post-39706-0-51416200-1477017203.gif

Edited by leonbrony17
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

It sucked and made Sunset Shimmer a moron for the sake of drama. The other films were way better at making me like her.

First one : Hasbro after making equestria girls

Second and third ones : The fans of equestria girls

And the last one : ME among those fans trying to survive

Where do you get all these gifs?

It sucked and made Sunset Shimmer a moron for the sake of drama. The other films were way better at making me like her.

Where do you get all these gifs?

You're kidding??? There is a place full of wonders

, called the internet where you can find many gifs and memes.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just watched the movie. I really liked it. It has flaws. Like how the conflict gets resolved in two seconds. But I really liked the songs. For the most part I think the animation was good. I really liked the movie. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Well, now that I've seen Legends of Everfree. I should at least say that it wasn't that bad. That beginning scene with seeing Midnight Sparkle, and all the characters almost getting rezzed like it was almost like Tron. I thought to myself "Uh-oh, this could be bad." Turns out, was just a dream. As the movie went on it was all kind of funny with the new Twilight crush. I really honestly thought that Flash would try and get with "that world's" Twilight instead of Princess Twilight from Equestria, but eh. Later seeing the movie as it went along all the characters got new powers aside from Twilight who already had powers. but was afraid to use them because she thought that Midnight Sparkle would take over her. Towards the end of the movie, I would've NEVER guessed that Gloriosa a.k.a. Gia Everfree was the main villian of the movie. All the ponies used their powers, and Twilight prevented Midnight Sparkle from taking over thanks to her friends, and DANG those new outfits looked SO GOOD! Towards the end of the movie, I said too myelf with two things:

1. What if Twilight and Timber kissed?! #TimberTwi shipping?
  2. WHAT was that strange energy coming from the statue coming out fom Canterlot High? Maybe we'll find out in the next Equestira Girls movie?

This one's nice I guess. My latest watch was relatively painless, even with all of the cringe comedy, and although there's a lot here which makes very little sense, that doesn't really get in the way of my enjoyment. There's a light, fluffy quality to the film, and it's sorta nice to have Twilight get some mirror version of the gang back together. The cringe comedy - which is basically everything Twilight does in this - is unpleasant, but most of the rest of the humour is fine, and I don't think this thing is particularly obnoxious or anything. Still, I'm not sure what this entry's fans see in it, as I don't think it does a whole lot all that impressively compared to the show's usual standards, and while Friendship is Magic  isn't the poster child of coherent worldbuilding, most of what Equestria Girls establishes makes very little sense. It's fine, I guess. 

• 7 months later...

It's almost 3 years now since I've watched this movie. Even though it may not have been a masterpiece, I still enjoyed it. Even though she was a complete villain, I immediately grown close to Sunset Shimmer. And originally, I thought Snips and Snails were EG world only characters (Yeah, I haven't been paying attention with MLP at all!). Now originally, I wanted to see this movie in theaters back in 2013, but things didn't work out so well with me. So I eventually bought it on DVD a few months later and watched it the following Summer.

• 1 month later...

I watched it and I have to say it was much better than I expected. While the human characters and world don't have the same appeal to me as the ponies and Equestria, the film was reasonably entertaining on the whole. For the most part, the characters acted like their pony counterparts, and even Spike being a dog didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. The duration may have been a bit too long considering how much they can do in a regular 22-minute MLP episode (or a two-parter). Bonus points for the human Derpy in the credits (always nice to see her). All in all, while I don't think I would watch dozens of episodes of this if it were a series (unlike FIM), it's entertaining enough to watch once in a while.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Now i finally also watched Equestria Girls and even though, for a Movie that was in theaters for a short time, the Animation and Art style was still a bit to simple for my taste ( i thought it would be a slight improvement over the Series ) , i still enjoyed the movie.

I will always prefer to watch a Fantasy Show with Animals, but since this was just a spinoff, it was totally fine for trying something new and it was very entertaining to watch Twilight, how she tried to understand the Human World and how they move. It felt like this Movie finally put all the different Species and Worlds, from the first Generation, back together. I mean, i was sad that Megan didnt showed up, but at least all the different Worlds are back together again and at peace.

Since all the Species disconnected, when My Little Pony Tales aired , it was great to see how G3 put them back together again and how G4 even wrote a new Backstory, as to why they started to hate each other and how they came back again and now they sealed it by also including the Human World again, now the Mlp Universe feels whole again.

I liked Sunset Shimmer and she even had a good backstory, so it was understandable for me, why she hated Twilight so much. Also her Transformation looked very cool, now i wish i would know, how she would look like, when she transforms as a Pony, that would probably look freaking awesome!

That being said, im sad that we didnt saw more of Pony Sunset and maybe never will, oh well. But at least Flash Sentry exists in the normal Fim Universe, i wish that he and Twilight would come together at some point, i found their Relationship to be cute. Would be nice to see more from him in Season 4. And also more from Sunset of course.

Overall, i enjoyed the Movie, the Songs were catchy and the Characters interesting. From the normal Episode rankings, i would vote " i liked it ".

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Equestria Girls Reactions/Reviews/Discussion Thread
  • 2 months later...
(edited)

Still cute, still forgettable. The cringe comedy doesn't bother me quite as much, but that's probably just because I expect it now. Not sure why Twilight left Sunset on the other side of the mirror... guess it's some kind of community service thing? Still, she clearly wanted to return to Equestria. Big takeaway from this viewing is that there's a vague melancholy to Sunset in the final act which I never noticed before. The way she gets jealous of all the praise poured on Twilight... does she just want to be loved? Is that why she seeks power? Is she trying to compensate for something? Her repentance, and everything she's done in this series since, makes much more sense in that light, but the movie is too vague about it. This movie would be so much more interesting if it were about Sunset learning that friendship was what she really wanted. 

Score:
Entertainment: 7/10
Characters: 7/10
Themes: 5/10
Story: 5/10
Overall: 60/100

Edited by AlexanderThrond

• 4 months later...

I watched it again, so I thought that I'll pour my opinion on it. 

Equestria Girls is quite the entertaining film. The human versions of the ponies are quite interesting and the gags revolving around Twilight adjusting to the human world, did make me chuckle. The animation is pretty good and I found that the film looked very pleasing. The introduction of the mirror - the entity that is the link between Equestria and the Human world, is something that I'm quite intrigued in. I'm curious of it's history and magical power.Sunset Shimmer is definitely an interesting character, albiet a weak villain. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of her :mlp_wink:.

Now as for the Flash Sentry x Twilight Sparkle romance - I really don't mind it. Yes, it could've been written better, but I found it to be relatively harmless. I did feel that the segment where Sunset framed Twilight for trashing the gym, could've been built upon as a major part of the plot - but alas, it only lasted for not even 1 minute.

Even though it has a few flaws, Equestria Girls will always have a special place in my heart. Without it, I wouldn't have discovered FiM and therefore wouldn't be apart of this fandom.

I didn't find this that interesting. The story was so simple and had almost no depth at all. It tried to put in a bit of romance, which was almost nonexistent in the original mlp, and did a horrible job at it. Twilight and the boy falls in love after... she spills ice cream on him once? Also, Sunset Shimmer turns nice so abruptly that it feels forced and untrue. She was so confident and evil, but she bursts out crying in matters of seconds. :mlp_confused:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Just posting this here because this review is really insightful and funny. This movie is such a guilty pleasure for me that I agree with nearly everything said in this 50 minute long negative review, and yet I still really like the movie mainly because it focuses on Twilight. 

• 1 year later...

Ohoh.. So i rewatched the movies recently so i have a fresh memory to share my thoughts 

It honestly was and always be a part of my childhood but without the nostalgia factor yeah it's just harmless fun to watch

I get EG isn't canon or anything but it makes some sense for this movie to be canon so Twilight is getting less frustrated with her new wings after she dealt with a human body

Same question of why Spike is a doggo :(, like why? He talks and already walks? (but yeah let's not go too much into that) 

Don't really ship Twi with Flash (Sorry Flashlight shippers :").. Is it how the ship is named?) 

The mane six human versions (excluding Twilight since her human counterpart appears in the Friendship games) are almost the same as the original ones, to be honest their whole misunderstanding would have been fixed muuuuch earlier if they all just talked together about it.. But yeah no conflict no movie-

Princess Twilight doesn't attend classes i think? And no one really questions about her being there (not even Celestia, who should be aware if a new girl is there rather than just randomly hanging out in school? Maybe she did attend some but they were ultimately omitted to not make the movie too long) 

The conflicts get resolved quickly for the movie's length but overall it's harmless to watch-

Didn't exactly like how Pinkie's fourth wall breaking would just simplify major plot stuff (like Twilight being a princess of Equestria.. Etc in the other movies it repeats..) 

Also yeeey at the end everything is restored thanks to the magic of fwenship and the rainbows, honestly think that at the end Sunset did absorb a little the elements and automatically redeemed herself.. Yup skipped redemption arc but that's just a theory-

(oH Yeah smol note regarding human Snips and Snails: yeah they were done dirty, incredibly cruel and even going to be torturing doggo Spike? :d

Also how tf did they manage to break the whole gym? Like woah these dudes are menaces to society

but they were hit by the magic rainbow too at the end so they automatically got redeemed too?

Also they seemed to normally hang out in the other movies without anyone blaming them about the whole mess so.. YeAh the luck of being a secondary character!

Seriously though they were done very dirty QwQ *le pain*) 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was pinned