Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls, full movie is out on Youtube.

Vicke

Watched it again today. Still awesome. They did a great job and made the break a little more bearable for me.

still dont like the skin colors though......

I still think its better than having people complain about which character should have which skin color. That would have increased the drama even more in my opinion

Must...resist...

Just...have...to...wait...for...iTunes...

Darn you, MLP Forums! DARN YOU ALL TO HECK!

*watches first five minutes, gets to Transformers reference*

HAHAHAHAHAHA oh DHX, you frigging nerds.

• Brohoof 2

Thank you very much! No theaters in my country are showing it, so that give you more points! :D

Oh, by the way, I already found a mistake in the movie. When Twilight first takes her crown off the symbol on it is no longer there :P

(edited)

I'm ready for Equestria Girls. It's written by Meghan McCarthy so it'll probably be pretty funny. I just have to wait until I get done with my shift at work. 

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you. I've been waiting to see this movie ever since I heard about it.  I was really mad when I found out it wasn't in any theater near where I live.  But thanks to you; I finally have hope again.

hate to be that guy, but um...isn't this illegal? Like can't you be arrested for filming a movie and putting it up like that? It doesn't seem to deter viewers though.

Truthfully, no this is really illegal. The guy that uploaded the video will probably get his account  terminated because you aren't allowed to record and upload their movies to the internet. It was inevitable really so everyone is just taking advantage of it and watching it now. 

Truthfully, no this is really illegal. The guy that uploaded the video will probably get his account  terminated because you aren't allowed to record and upload their movies to the internet. It was inevitable really so everyone is just taking advantage of it and watching it now. 

Yeah but the thing is we need this on youtube since the movie isn't avalible everywhere. For example most of us from Europe can't watch it till someone leaks a torent or puts a cinemarip on youtube sleep.png

• Brohoof 1

I still think its better than having people complain about which character should have which skin color. That would have increased the drama even more in my opinion

hmmm you make a good point. i could see people getting upset because all of them were white or something like that. man that would be drama!

to see just how bad it actually is

It's not terrible, just don't expect a great movie. The idea of the characters in a human world is good, but it wasn't approached very well.

It's not terrible, just don't expect a great movie. The idea of the characters in a human world is good, but it wasn't approached very well.

I've already seen an extensive plot summary from someone on mlpchan that was posting what was happening as he watched it in theaters, so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. My expectations are sufficiently lowered, so I think if nothing else I wont end up breaking down in tears at the quality

I've already seen an extensive plot summary from someone on mlpchan that was posting what was happening as he watched it in theaters, so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. My expectations are sufficiently lowered, so I think if nothing else I wont end up breaking down in tears at the quality

I'm only 40 minutes in and I have to say, it's been surprisingly good. It feels just like a normal episode of MLP, with the added twist of humanisation and new characters. Songs have been good, laughs can be had, and it's oozing with shout outs to modern media. You'll be pleasantly shocked n.n

• Brohoof 3

First off, this has to be the best recording of the movie I've seen put up. Others have been blurry, some at weird angles, and some a combo of the two. Thanks for finding it and thanks to whoever recorded this.

Secondly, it was a pretty good movie. The songs were better than I expected, and the whole thing felt pretty damn good. I smiled and enjoyed watching it, and everything truly turned out fine in the end. Those who cried "this is the end!!1!", well, I hope they're hungry because they're gonna be munching on their words for some time.

Lastly...I remember Pinkie Pie asking Twilight if she had a twin sister who lives in the city with a dog named spike too. Ohhhh the possibilities with that one.

• Brohoof 1

My biggest problem was that it should have been longer. Sure we would have had to wait more but it probably would have been worth it. It felt extremely rushed. Like the whole battle, and I use that term loosely, Sunset Shimmer was way too short and rushed. I personally liked it, but it could have gone in depth a little better

• Brohoof 1

It's definitely not terribly, but it's not the best either.

I thought it was okay. Rushed quite a bit, but how much could you possibly fit into a 72 minute film?

I found things that I enjoyed. Things that made me smile just like the show does. Things that made me giggle just like the show does. But I also found myself cringing throughout the entire film at subtle little things. Things that just look/sound... wrong... I don't know how to explain it, but there were scenes and such which weren't written very well, and resulted in a cringe from me. 

Also, I don't like their outfits. They're all wearing virtually the same thing -- some sort of blouse and a mini-skirt -- just changed slightly to match their pony equivalents. I thought they could have been more creative in the virtual wardrobe department. Especially with Rainbow Dash. Why would she wear a skirt while playing soccer? That's just a silly decision! It's just a small nitpick though. Nothing that ruins the experience.

The music was nice. Very catchy. Nothing to complain about here.

Overall, it was a decent movie, and it definitely wasn't as bad as I had though. I'm still glad I didn't spend money on tickets, though ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Nope, watching a full movie on Youtube is a big nope for me, not watching it.

I hate to be that guy, but um...isn't this illegal? Like can't you be arrested for filming a movie and putting it up like that? It doesn't seem to deter viewers though.

Well of course it is, but unfortunately the fandom just doesn't seem to care since everyone wants everything handed to them on Youtube. But still, the movie should definitely have been more widely released in the first place I guess, so the impatient people will jump at this no doubt...
  • Brohoof 2

Well of course it is, but unfortunately the fandom just doesn't seem to care since everyone wants everything handed to them on Youtube. But still, the movie should definitely have been more widely released in the first place I guess, so the impatient people will jump at this no doubt...

I saw someone upload it, so I use the opportunity accordingly. It's not that I'm impatient, or "want everything handed to me". It was just there, and I had nothing better to watch. Sooooo~, Equestria Girls :D

Nope, watching a full movie on Youtube is a big nope for me, not watching it.

Let me ask you this.

Do you watch the episodes on Youtube? If you do, then why the hell are you complaining?

The movie is just as illegal as any episode. They are both copyright material thats being uploaded by someone else. 

Gotta say, the alternate reality/same names are annoying so far, I think they could have been handled better and with more creativity, but otherwise I really like it so far, it's no where near as bad as people are making out and I really don't see the problem with it. It's a little rushed I suppose, but come on - it's a film for kids!