Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Crazy things always happen at these brony conventions, but this one might just take the cake. A girl going by the pseudonym "Ellie Mint" crashed Fiesta Equestria and pretended to be a voice actor on Friendship is Witchcraft.

In fact, during the opening ceremonies, she barged on stage, Kanye'd the microphone, and then claimed that she voiced the entire Mane 6 on Friendship is Witchcraft.

(jump to 6:00 for kookiness)

She then reportedly claimed that Jenny was a fraud who took credit for her work, and that she is only now being allowed to come out and say it.

When Jenny found out about the imposter, she took it alot better than I probably would have. "Ellie Mint" has since fled the con, which is unfortunate for anyone who wanted to see her on the panel she was slated to attend.

20111001012315!Screwball_id.png

• Brohoof 10

Haha, that's awesome.. This type of random sillyness is why I want to go to a convention. Still she shouldn't have done that, but I still think this is funny. It's just trying to take credit for other peoples work is bad mkay.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

She sounds like either a ) she was drunk or b ) She thought that maybe she might have just went up to joke around and amuse the crowd with some crazyness. But since she apparently fled the con, maybe not. Who knows?

130774055097.png

Edited by Nagisa Misumi
  • Brohoof 2

*sigh* The things some people do for attention. On the other hoof, she's either a brilliant troll or a rather emotionally and mentally unstable individual. A word of advice to those of you who DO want to get famous in the fandom in a good way; it takes hard work, patience, and a butt ton of dedication to and talent for whatever you contribute to the fandom (not that I'm claiming to be famous myself, I'm just saying those are my observations). The only thing that comes from pulling a stunt like that is shame and infamy in the long run right after your 15 minutes of fame burn out.

• Brohoof 4

Definitely not the smartest move to make. I can't possibly imagine what was going through that girl's head at the time, but it wasn't anything smart. Now she is going to have some bad rep with the fandom. Ouch!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Just so you guys know, the 'kayne'd' the microphone is a part of the opening ceremonies and it was done that way until the various fandom VAs/DJs/famous ponies ran out of things to say.

Edited by Prismatic

Oh man, she scares me ; ^ ;

Twas pretty funny, but the extremely rude factor kinda overrides the funniness factor just a tad bit. I hope she was just trying to get some laughs. If that wasn't the case, she might need to spend some time in the wacky shack derpy_emoticon2.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lol I wish I could've seen that. I only got to see James for a little bit, I didn't even get to talk to Jenny TT_TT Oh well. Sounds awesome though.
EDIT: OMG SHE STOLE JENNY'S COSPLAY?! JENNY WORE THAT SAME OCTAVIA COSPLAY TO COMICPALOOZA!!! LOOOOOOL

Edited by SkyeRibbonPwny

OMG SHE STOLE JENNY'S COSPLAY?! JENNY WORE THAT SAME OCTAVIA COSPLAY TO COMICPALOOZA!!! LOOOOOOL

Now that's just plain creepy. I'm starting to think this chick's a bit more than just some harmless kook. This shit's weapons-grade crazy.

• Brohoof 1

You know, this is certainly more pleasant but less amusing than the revolting Fiesta Equestria unofficial love making Announcement I saw on /mlp/

This chick is pretty cool though. Regardless if she's insane or not, it is pretty funny that she actually took hold of the mic. I'm actually kind of curious if she actually bought a ticket for the convention in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

I was not sure whether to take this seriously or have a laugh at it. But who doesn't love being impersonated? What a honor!!!

No con goes perfect, after all. But I though the fact that someone is out there trying to impersonate another brony was comedy gold! What an unscripted story. :D

• Brohoof 1