Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you drink?

Sunset Shimmering

I will when I'm 21.  Though I'm not going to get drunk or anything stupid like that.  Just a drink every once in a while.  Maybe just like 2 every couple of days.

• Brohoof 1

You say that now...

Yeah, I drink quite a lot but only when I can afford it. I know drinking isn't good for you but it's the most effective way for me to relax and chill out. I mostly drink ale and occasionally rum.

I say that now because I think it is likely I will not due to a prank that involved me mistaking vodka for water because I was extremely thirsty. It tasted like CRAP.

• Brohoof 1

I say that now because I think it is likely I will not due to a prank that involved me mistaking vodka for water because I was extremely thirsty. It tasted like CRAP.

Straight up vodka does taste terrible I agree.  When I was in university, I used to drink vodka right from the bottle.  Back then it was all about getting fucked up as fast as you can.  

Thinking back to those days,  can't drink straight vodka anymore, I'll gag.  I need to mix it with something.  Maybe some fresca or gatorade.  Orange juice even.

Straight up vodka does taste terrible I agree.  When I was in university, I used to drink vodka right from the bottle.  Back then it was all about getting fucked up as fast as you can.  

Thinking back to those days,  can't drink straight vodka anymore, I'll gag.  I need to mix it with something.  Maybe some fresca or gatorade.  Orange juice even.

The worst thing was... it was mixed with RED BULL. Tasted like I was drinking out of a gas can.

I've also seen what it does to people, makes them terrible people just out of that one drink.

(edited)

I do not. A few months after I turned 21 I did try a couple of drinks, but they didn't work for me. I only took a few sips of beer... It came off to me as being what it would be like if I drank acid or urine lol. It didn't taste good at all and almost burned my throat. Plus it looked like pee. lol Why would I want to drink that? The other drink I had, which was some kind of fruity drink was okay, but it most certainly didn't make me want another one.

I realized it's an acquired taste, and it's a taste that I just don't need to acquire. I have enough issues in my life as it is. I was already scared that the little bit of beer I had would have a harmful effect on my already weak health. I don't need that.

Edited by Envy

I live next to a bar I know getting drunk is a bad idea so I'm not touching a drink I mean the verbal conflicts are funny people say some stupid crap when their drunk and they cuss way more however one time this girl was crying at the gate of my house about how her best friend just died that was scary.

I do not drink, except for maybe this one type of drink that contains a tiny little bit of alcohol, basically there is such a lacking in it that it cannot be tasted. I cannot remember the name of it, but it is quite a good drink, though I do not have it often, I have only had it twice so far. :P It was a nice little relaxant as well. 

Beyond that, I am not fond of any major alcoholic drinks. They just do not taste that good, in my opinion. Plus, I am not one to just drink it to get drunk, like some do apparently AND, I have not tried many, not much interest to do so either. There are just many other better tasting and healthier alternatives.  

I've had champagne a few times before and it tasted awful, but I had a type of smooth, higher end vodka a few months later that was actually pretty good. So I don't know if my family has terrible taste in alcohol or if I'm just a picky conneiseur.

I will not lie, I have drank alcohol before and do now...and quite a bit. I usually stick with American Honey Whiskey or a Hawaiian wine, as that is all I can get around on. Buttlight tastes horrible and I prefer a little bit heavier stuff.  

(edited)

I started drinking alcoholic Cider but not much when i was young, i progressed onto wine with meals, at around 16 i started drinking more, mostly beer, progressing onto drinking glasses of Jack Daniels.

Now i only drink beer, only around 5 bottles a week so nothing major.

Drinking is bad for you in excess, just like anything. Just know your limits and don't be stupid.

Budweiser is my drink of choice.

Edited by Lost
  • Brohoof 1

It takes a lot to get me drunk, due to general size and ancestry. I don't like most alcohols, except for really dark beers and grain alcohols like whisky. Specifically rye whisky.

However, I learned many years ago that I like those specific types of alcohols far too much. And I'm not a happy drunk. I'm an angry, violent drunk.

Due to an incident that happened slightly over 22 year ago, I no longer drink alcohol.

• Brohoof 3

However, I learned many years ago that I like those specific types of alcohols far too much. And I'm not a happy drunk. I'm an angry, violent drunk.

Due to an incident that happened slightly over 22 year ago, I no longer drink alcohol.

That's a totally understandable reason to stay away from alcohol, really. Myself, I'm a very happy drunk, which is why it was such an effective vice for keeping my depression at bay. One friend whom I got smashed with a couple months ago actually told me that out of all his buddies, I was his favorite one to drink with; the rest of them turn into real sad sacks when drunk.

Alcohol...a drug with non-universal psychological side-effects. sleep.png

Nothing major. I am not one who drinks a lot really. I mean I go to the club with my friends from time to time and they just Pound them down. I have been called every fricken name in the book because I only have one beer and that's it. Alcohol truthfully isn't really my thing. I have like 6-7 beers over the course of one year at most. I am not even a driver since I can't drive, I am just not one who likes getting hammered . I actually get a buzz after one beer usually. (The faster you drink beer the more buzzed you feel and believe me when I do have a beer I drink it kinda fast and I do happen to feel a little tipsy after one) I am just so unlike my friends it's unbelieveable, the club has never really been my "Scene" anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I drink just socially when out with friends.

I have to drink in moderation because I can easily get drunk...and when drinking I prefer cute sweet drinks.

Also I did hear that red wine can help you live longer :D

• Brohoof 1

Officer: "Have you been drinking"

Me: "Yeah, I just had some water not too long ago" 

I wonder how much trouble I'd get into for saying that.

Anyway, I've got English, Irish and Caribbean blood in me, so you know I drink laugh.png .  My parents were always fine with it and thought it was better that I start drinking at home in a safe environment, just in case I overdid it.  I like most alcohol.  Red wine, beer, hard liquor, it's all good.  I drink because I like it though, not to get drunk, so after I reach a certain point I stop.  I like the buzzed feeling I get and it does help me relax.  

The main thing is that you don't over do it, which I'm sure everyone has heard a million times.  Alcohol is supposed to be good for you in moderation and helps relieve stress.  I also heard it can help lower blood pressure, as long as you don't over do it.  I'm not 100% sure about the last point though.

I drink occasionally, some weekends I don't mind a nice Wild Turkey and cola to dissolve the stresses of the week. I don't drink enough to be wasted, but enough to escape my worries and enjoy my weekend. I've only been drinking for a few months now but I've been sensible to avoid being hungover

My mum was an Alkie so Im not so keen on drinking and its not good for you. Some of my friends are like 'omg lets have a sleepover and even though we are only 12 i will get us some beer and weed and we can get drunk and high' and im like... yeah NO happy.png

I tried Vodka once, I'm 14 by the way. I mistaken it for water since I had some in the refrigerator and lets just say I felt very weird. The vodka wasn't that bad actually, tasted kinda sweet but it still had a bad aftertaste. Now that I think about it, it might have been Malibu. My family has a history of alcoholism so I probably won't really drink when I turn 21.

sometimes i do only on special occasions like mates birthday or Christmas or Easter ANZAC DAY ( shot gun breakfast (rum laced coffee and ANZAC cookies)  )   am currently 17 and legal age is 18 

im gonna get fucking wasted on my 18 though 

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I drink. I drink all the time. I'm actually drinking right now. Oh wait, you thought I was talking about alcohol? No, I stay away from that stuff. I'm underage. I'm like the ONLY kid in my grade who doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs, or have sex though. I sipped alcohol once, I don't care for the taste. I also sipped wine once, and thought it was awful, way too sweet. It was some kind of French wine if I remember correctly. Blegh!

I do but in moderation, a couple of beers or some wine every now and then and on rare occasions a margarita. I have drank enough to get a slight buzz before but never enough to be full blown drunk, I drank these two margaritas at this one Mexican restaurant once that had way more alochal than I thought and they did knock me out pretty good (I drifted off to sleep at 9 o clock that night) but they didn't get me drunk.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think you're talking about alcohol, in that case I do not drink alcohol. Drinking is not good for your liver and it wouldn't do any good for me either. Besides, I'm not the type of guy that runs around drunk, I'm the type of guy that drives and watches others make a fool out of themselfs. It's much more fun that way, have seen a lot of weird stuff happen.. I have no interest in being around drunken people, have been around people like that. They are ok, it's just that they seem to be unpredictable in that state.

I have just never been interested in drinking, I'd rather drive around others that are and examine them.

Are you implying that if you drink, you are automatically drunk?

Because I can tell you that there are people out there who can drink alcohol - at a restaurant, at a party, by themselves - and still be able to drive home without "driving drunk." One or two drinks does not get you smashed, and you are safe to drive home after drinking some water and waiting about an hour to let the alcohol wear off.

As for me, I drink rarely/in moderation. I will have a glass of wine with dinner sometimes. I will have a beer to relax. I'll take a margarita or daiquiri at a restaurant. I LOVE raspberry long island iced teas! I love me some Irish Whiskey chocolate truffles, too, and Kahlua on my ice cream. :3

It is a goal in life to never get a hangover. So far, I have been successful. I have been pretty tipsy/buzzed before, but never to the point where I don't remember what happened. I like to keep things that way, and I know that I can.

Edited by RockinRarity
  • Brohoof 2

Are you implying that if you drink, you are automatically drunk?

Because I can tell you that there are people out there who can drink alcohol - at a restaurant, at a party, by themselves - and still be able to drive home without "driving drunk." One or two drinks does not get you smashed, and you are safe to drive home after drinking some water and waiting about an hour to let the alcohol wear off.

Well, most people drink alcohol to get drunk. So I was kind of expecting that, but I know you can drink a glass of wine without being drunk.

I do drink, but very rarely. Usually I'll have a few drinks every 6 months. Alcohol is a drug and just like any other drug it is addictive and  impairs your judgement and hurts your body internally. If you are going to drink then just make sure you have someone you can call for a ride home and bringing a couple of friends who have good judgement and don't drink won't hurt you either.