Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you drink?

Sunset Shimmering

I've never actually so much as smelled alcohol before (unless you count rubbing alcohol. Don't drink that). I'd be open to trying it in the right situation, but I'm not interested enough to try it out otherwise, so I'll most likely end up going my whole life sober.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have tasted red wine.....

But I don't drink.

Edited by Super Splashee
EDIT: What's going on in their official video? So much info to decode.... :O

5 hours ago, Le Trotteur Sauvage said:

I'm French.
I was born drinking.

And I’m a human made to drink my ass off :maud:

• Brohoof 1

Occasionally, I will buy one bottle of red wine a month. I only started drinking alcohol since the beginning of this year. Before that, nothing. The reason I started was because my body started demanding that I drink a glass of red wine or two before bed. Wasn't really sure why, until i tried it and discovered that the chill that I get on my back during the colder nights vanished without a trace and allowed me to fall asleep in comfort.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

Oh please, whisky is my country's biggest export, 'course I drink. B)

Youyr avwatar is dd..drunken I thinck hcik! :scoots:

I don't like the sensation of bubbly drinks on my tongue, it hurts and it doesn't taste good.  Can't drink anything carbonated because of it, so no soda, no kombucha and no sparkling water.  I've tried drinking wine a few times but it had to be so watered down by ice, I might as well have been just drinking water in the first place.

Used to go the pub twice a week and would drink 3 Dark Rum (usually Captain Morgans or Lambs) and Cokes per visit but in these current times that is no longer a thing. I don't drink when I'm a home so I've now not had a drink since March, I don't miss alcohol though just the social aspect of going the pub.

• Brohoof 1

ever since quarantine started and my work shut down, i've been drinking pretty much every day lol

i got nothing else to do, so i might as well get on the piss

• 1 month later...

I don't. I've been lightly buzzed twice in my life, and I absolutely hated it both times. I can't understand why people enjoy that feeling. That's not to say all drinks with alcohol in them taste bad, I just don't drink them because of the alcohol. I genuinely don't like the taste of beer and whiskey, though, and I've tried several kinds of each to make sure.

I've never been interested in mind-altering chemicals, and by all accounts (weirdly including most pop culture depictions of drinking) alcohol doesn't taste great unless mixed with some other drink that already tasted great on its own, so I've never tried any and don't know of any reason I ever would.

I get more than enough altered mental states from music, TV shows, comics and ponies as it is. :muffins:

Just now, Dreambiscuit said:

I don't drink beyond a little Sangria at night with a movie once in a while, to help me sleep afterward. I don't like the taste of hard alcohol, it's too much like medicine.

I would love to had a drink with you, Katie. ^^

• 4 weeks later...