Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite type of Pokeball?

Zygen

36 users have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Pokeball type?

• Pokeball(Original)
    • Great ball
    • Ultra ball
    • Master ball
    • Safari ball
    • Level ball
    • Lure ball
    • Moon ball
    • Friend ball
    • Love ball
    • Heavy ball
    • Fast ball
    • Sport ball
    • Premier ball
    • Repeat ball
    • Timer ball
    • Nest ball
    • Net ball
    • Dive ball
    • Luxary ball
    • Heal ball
    • Quick ball
    • Dusk ball
    • Cherish ball
    • Park ball
    • Dream ball
    • Clone ball(Mewtwo Pokeballs from the movie)
    • Dark ball
    • GS ball

(edited)

Ok, so I was just wondering randomly as a question, what is everyones favorite Pokeball?

I'm not talking about capture rate, because if that were the case everyone would pick master ball, and be foolish not to img-1623560-1-tongue.png.

I'm talking about the visuals of the pokeball, so visually speaking, what is your favorite pokeball?

You can choose a pokeball outside of the game series if you want, I'm going to try and include all the pokeball types, but if I miss any please tell me and I'll try to quickly add it to the poll.

And thats about it! So get going with picking your favorite! And explaining why!

I think my persona favorite is probably the Quick ball, or possibly Dusk ball. I like the quick ball a bit better just because of the cool blue shade with the lightning yellow to it. img-1623560-2-smile.png.

EDIT: added a picture with all the Pokeballs from the main series in it, Thanks to @Kamil for it! And thanks to  for putting the key with the names in it!(Both are contained in the spoiler.)

img-1623762-1-Allballs2.png

1st Row) Poké Ball | Great Ball | Ultra Ball | Master Ball | Safari Ball

2nd Row) Level Ball | Lure Ball |Moon Ball | Friend Ball | Love Ball

3rd Row) Heavy Ball | Fast Ball | Sport Ball | Premiere Ball | Repeat Ball

4th Row) Timer Ball | Nest Ball | Net Ball | Dive Ball | Luxury Ball

5th Row) Heal Ball | Quick Ball | Dusk Ball | Cherish Ball | Park Ball

6th Row) Dream Ball

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love the Dusk Ball. You mentioned not to include something due to capture rate, but when you couple it with the visuals of the thing, it's my favourite. 

I mean, look at it. It looks like an underwater sphere torch, or a grenade that will bleep after rolling it along the ground. It totally looks like that it would swallow up the darkness from caves to help capture a Pokémon when it's in a dark environment.

SugimoriDuskBall.png

Other mentions:

• I like the look of the Timer Ball. They managed to make it seem like it's to do with time or longevity, without looking like a clock.
  • I also like the Cherish Ball. The context is that you get the Pokémon in it from an event, and it totally has that "deluxe" aesthetic to it.
Edited by Flipturn Amaterasu ツ
  • Brohoof 1

I just love the premier ball, there's something about the way it looks that makes me love it. Add that to the unique way of obtaining it, and it's just epic.

Premier_ball_per.jpg468a4585-019c-415f-9

Look at that sexy thing right there!

• Brohoof 1

I'll have to second the Dusk Ball. Just looking at it I half expect the green markings on it to almost glow in the dark, like all the Pokemon would see before being caught is a green glowing orb before being consumed by the darkness that the ball exudes.

I likely just made that sound way more sinister than it had any right to be, but whatever. 

• Brohoof 1

Well I guess I must say dusk ball, because it got this cool darkish effect when it opens, and it I like the name. And it's awesome to have since I love dark and ghost pokémon.

I like the luxury ball too, it looks kind of cool.

oh and the great ball... for some reason when I use it on legendaries, I get so lucky so I have catched them on like the first try with a great ball xD

• Brohoof 1

I love the Dusk Ball. You mentioned not to include something due to capture rate, but when you couple it with the visuals of the thing, it's my favourite. 

I mean, look at it. It looks like an underwater sphere torch, or a grenade that will bleep after rolling it along the ground. It totally looks like that it would swallow up the darkness from caves to help capture a Pokémon when it's in a dark environment.

img-1623570-1-SugimoriDuskBall.png

Other mentions:

• I like the look of the Timer Ball. They managed to make it seem like it's to do with time or longevity, without looking like a clock.
  • I also like the Cherish Ball. The context is that you get the Pokémon in it from an event, and it totally has that "deluxe" aesthetic to it.

Yeah it does look pretty cool, its a close close 2nd favorite for me I think.

I agree with your point on timer ball, they actually made a ball that had to do with time without using the cliche clock for it.

Love Cherish ball to, but I don't have any, I use to have event pokemon, but a few years ago I deleted my saves without worrying about my event pokemon. So now I don't have any. Oh silly younger me :P.

I just love the premier ball, there's something about the way it looks that makes me love it. Add that to the unique way of obtaining it, and it's just epic.

img-1623579-1-Premier_ball_per.jpg468a45

Look at that sexy thing right there!

I always buy my pokeballs in 10's just to get some extra premier balls.

I'll have to second the Dusk Ball. Just looking at it I half expect the green markings on it to almost glow in the dark, like all the Pokemon would see before being caught is a green glowing orb before being consumed by the darkness that the ball exudes.

I likely just made that sound way more sinister than it had any right to be, but whatever. 

Yeah, the duskball does look like it should glow honestly. 

Well I guess I must say dusk ball, because it got this cool darkish effect when it opens, and it I like the name. And it's awesome to have since I love dark and ghost pokémon.

I like the luxury ball too, it looks kind of cool.

oh and the great ball... for some reason when I use it on legendaries, I get so lucky so I have catched them on like the first try with a great ball xD

I'm a pretty big fan of dark types, they go up there along with steel and grass as my favorites, not totally sure my actual favorite, but some of my favorite pokemon are of those three types(And Umbreon being my favorite is dark type :P.)

Luxary ball has a cool looking color scheme true. I don't use them alot though, idk why I just don't.

My brother catches legendaries with pokeballs all the flipping time it seems. He has like 5 hes caught. Its ridiculous..

• Brohoof 1

Ultra Ball, one of the best pokeballs in the game. 

I also like the timer ball, for I could use it on legendaries when there have been so many turns in a battle. Timer balls get stronger as the number of turns increases. 

• Brohoof 1

Ultra Ball, one of the best pokeballs in the game. 

I also like the timer ball, for I could use it on legendaries when there have been so many turns in a battle. Timer balls get stronger as the number of turns increases. 

Ultra balls are pretty cool, i'm not a huge fan of the color scheme though, but I get alot of pokemon caught in them so yeah :P.

Timer balls are cool, for some reason though even in long drawn out legendary battles I never get any pokemon with them. I get way more pokemon with quickballs frankly. I've thrown quick balls to start battles so many times and insta caught pokemon :P.

Timer balls are cool, for some reason though even in long drawn out legendary battles I never get any pokemon with them. I get way more pokemon with quickballs frankly. I've thrown quick balls to start battles so many times and insta caught pokemon

I got a Cresselia with a timer ball. I had it in the red and Ultra balls did not work, so I decided to use a timer and suprisingly, after only two failed attempts, I caught it on my third try.  

• Brohoof 1

Did we ever find out what the GS Ball was for or if there was a Pokemon in it? Ash had to deliver it to the Orange Islands professor right?

Or was it some plot device to build Gold/Silver (GS) hype?

• Brohoof 1

Did we ever find out what the GS Ball was for or if there was a Pokemon in it? Ash had to deliver it to the Orange Islands professor right?

When Kurt takes it to the shrine in-game, it spawns Celebi. Nobody is sure whether it was Celebi residing inside of it, or whether it spawned simply due to its presence.

• Brohoof 1

I always liked the look of the luxury ball. So dark and elegant.

I also really like the quick ball, in terms of design and use. Most of my Pokémon are in quick balls. And I like the whole yellow on blue thing. It really does say "this ball is quick!"

• Brohoof 1

When Kurt takes it to the shrine in-game, it spawns Celebi. Nobody is sure whether it was Celebi residing inside of it, or whether it spawned simply due to its presence.

According to Bulbapedia the GS ball was going to contain Celebi, and going to be a big plot point of S4 of the Anime, but it was later decided Celebi would star in its own movie instead. So the GS ball is I believe given to Kurt and even he can't find a way to open it.

As for the Ingame thing Flipturn is correct. However the GS ball is only available in Japan I believe. And only from Events.(which have probably passed)

I don't really know some of the balls on the list, so I'm just going to vote for Ultra Ball. I would definitely use it against Legendary pokemon just to reign supreme.

• Brohoof 1

I always liked the look of the luxury ball. So dark and elegant.

I also really like the quick ball, in terms of design and use. Most of my Pokémon are in quick balls. And I like the whole yellow on blue thing. It really does say "this ball is quick!"

Yeah I agree, it has a cool look to it.

Quick balls color scheme is really cool, and the color scheme also makes you think its fast for sure, the yellow almost looks like lightning actually.

I don't really know some of the balls on the list, so I'm just going to vote for Ultra Ball. I would definitely use it against Legendary pokemon just to reign supreme.

I don't know all of these by memory I just cheated and used Bulbapedia xD. So yeah I don't remember how they all look anyways.

Ultra balls are definitely used alot by me later game, especially in the earlier pokemon games.

• Brohoof 1

For reference, I'll put an image showing all the pokeballs available in at least one main-series game.

Allballs2.png

There are a lot of good options there, but I had to go with the luxury ball. I liked the all red of the cherish ball, but it has a weird shape.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think personally, I like the Quick Ball the best. I was considering picking the master ball, but it makes catching legendaries simple but it is more exciting to throw a ball repeatedly at a Pokemon trying to catch it. I've seen people go on Action Replay and get 100 master balls, but it seems boring to do that. Quick Balls have a good capture rate too; and it's useful for catching pokemon like Moltres or Thunderous or Tornadus.

Real-Pokeballs-XD-pokemon-24716047-640-9

Edited by Minty Wintergreen
  • Brohoof 1

For reference, I'll put an image showing all the pokeballs available in at least one main-series game.

img-1623762-1-Allballs2.png

There are a lot of good options there, but I had to go with the luxury ball. I liked the all red of the cherish ball, but it has a weird shape.

I might decide to add this picture to the OP :P, only problem is that it doesn't label any of them, so its hard to tell which is what if you don't already know.

And yeah Cherish ball is cool with the pure red, but that shape is odd. :P, its still cool though.

My favorite design of Pokeball is a Timer Ball! It just looks kewl.

attachicon.gifTimer Ball.gif

I never really thought much about which Pokeball I used unless I was trying to catch a really rare Pokémon.

I think about my Pokeball i use on like every pokemon, infact on legendaries I normally just chunk ultra balls :P.

Timer balls are pretty cool.

I think personally, I like the Quick Ball the best. I was considering picking the master ball, but it makes catching legendaries simple but it is more exciting to throw a ball repeatedly at a Pokemon trying to catch it. I've seen people go on Action Replay and get 100 master balls, but it seems boring to do that. Quick Balls have a good capture rate too; and it's useful for catching pokemon like Moltres or Thunderous or Tornadus.

img-1623813-1-Real-Pokeballs-XD-pokemon-

Well like I said we're talking visually, not really gameplay wise, but it is more exciting to use other pokeballs then the master ball.

And yeah, I only ever used action replays when I was making competitive teams(On my very short lived competitive battling career :P.) 

Besides action replays break so easy. Seriously I breath on them and they stop working >_>.

I actually use alot of quick balls on pokemon that are to low level for me to weaken sometimes, or if its low enough I just use a nest ball or something. Sometimes I just use ultra balls. Depends I guess.

Quick balls are quite useful though.

Also that picture with the plastic pokeballs is pretty cool :D, I use to have a plastic Pokeball (Original style) but I don't have it anymore :(. Oh well.

• Brohoof 1

I think about my Pokeball i use on like every pokemon, infact on legendaries I normally just chunk ultra balls tongue.png.

Ahaha! That's what I do too! Though, if I run out of Pokeballs (God forbid), I'll start making my way up the ranks, to Great Balls, then to Ultra Balls. I cherish my ultra balls though. Nobody must touch my Ultra Balls. dry.png

• Brohoof 1

Ahaha! That's what I do too! Though, if I run out of Pokeballs (God forbid), I'll start making my way up the ranks, to Great Balls, then to Ultra Balls. I cherish my ultra balls though. Nobody must touch my Ultra Balls. dry.png

I try to use pokeballs as often as I can. but eventually I just start throwing ultra balls out like candy. :P.

I actually start with ultra balls on legendaries and go down to great balls, or whatever else I have, then pokeballs.

• Brohoof 1

I try to use pokeballs as often as I can. but eventually I just start throwing ultra balls out like candy. tongue.png.

I actually start with ultra balls on legendaries and go down to great balls, or whatever else I have, then pokeballs.

happy.png Once, in Pokémon Sapphire, I caught Kyogre with a Pokeball. He was at full health. blink.png  I was pretty darn happy. It was possibly the best thing that had ever happened to my 8-year-old self.

• Brohoof 1

I might decide to add this picture to the OP tongue.png, only problem is that it doesn't label any of them, so its hard to tell which is what if you don't already know.

And yeah Cherish ball is cool with the pure red, but that shape is odd. tongue.png, its still cool though.

I think about my Pokeball i use on like every pokemon, infact on legendaries I normally just chunk ultra balls tongue.png.

Well like I said we're talking visually, not really gameplay wise, but it is more exciting to use other pokeballs then the master ball.

And yeah, I only ever used action replays when I was making competitive teams(On my very short lived competitive battling career tongue.png.) 

Besides action replays break so easy. Seriously I breath on them and they stop working dry.png.

I actually use alot of quick balls on pokemon that are to low level for me to weaken sometimes, or if its low enough I just use a nest ball or something. Sometimes I just use ultra balls. Depends I guess.

Quick balls are quite useful though.

Also that picture with the plastic pokeballs is pretty cool biggrin.png, I use to have a plastic Pokeball (Original style) but I don't have it anymore sad.png. Oh well.

Here, put this list I made under the picture in a spoiler together this way people can know :P

2nd Row) Level Ball | Lure Ball | Dusk Ball | Friend Ball | Love Ball

6th Row) Dream Ball

Back on topic, I'd have to say that the quick ball or luxury ball would have to be my top pick out of all the pokéballs.

The quick ball is more of a nostalgic item, trying to find them apricorns so I would actually be able to catch those bloody dogs that would flee after ONE TURN (never had a pokémon that had mean look :()

The luxury ball is just awesome looking. Very simplistic in design, yet it still captures the "luxury" part of its title.

• Brohoof 1

Here, put this list I made under the picture in a spoiler together this way people can know tongue.png

2nd Row) Level Ball | Lure Ball | Dusk Ball | Friend Ball | Love Ball

6th Row) Dream Ball

Back on topic, I'd have to say that the quick ball or luxury ball would have to be my top pick out of all the pokéballs.

The quick ball is more of a nostalgic item, trying to find them apricorns so I would actually be able to catch those bloody dogs that would flee after ONE TURN (never had a pokémon that had mean look sad.png)

The luxury ball is just awesome looking. Very simplistic in design, yet it still captures the "luxury" part of its title.

Alright, hold on gotta do some editing, thanks Lugia :D.

I never got enough apricorns most of the time to make enough quick balls, and I frankly just caught entei one time when getting really lucky I think. But i also never used Mean look at the time.

Now I just catch a golbat or something to use meanlook or something.

Roaming pokemon are one of the most annoying to catch though.. Only one more annoying maybe is chancy in the safari zone in Fire red and leaf green...(I spent hours on that darn thing....)

Luxary ball does look very nice, its a cool combo of colors. I don't use them alot though.

• Brohoof 1